Multiplayer Pinboard

Hello Creator. I am new to this game but not to online gaming.. for some reason im having a issue that involves that everytime i try to join a multyplayer server it always ask me to submit a password.. all four servers i need a password for and there is like more than at least 50 players in each server apiece.. I can't even play an online game here.. and that's what i bought the game for. if possible can you send me a pass word for the servers, im upgraded and registered my serial number already...

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Shingen

quote:

Originally posted by DREADA:

Yep, I was on 4 yesterday with another wraither, Reed, plus a few other regulars.

Reed and I were down planetside in Junae trying out stuff with deploying/extracting crew. Sometimes things are kinda slow planetside, but AFAIK this time the whole experience was smooth. I like the way the planets physically rotate - I managed to catch 2 beautiful sunsets, but was unable to take any planetside screenshots (I think its an issue with my settings).

Missed the other fleetleaders/vets though, it'd be nice to get some weekly battles going on one of the servers...

I'd be willing to set up some kind of weekly battles with you fleet types, as long as it's in the evening between 6PM and 11pm central.

Just pick a time and a server.

Guest Remo Williams

quote:

Originally posted by Shingen:

quote:

Originally posted by DREADA:

Yep, I was on 4 yesterday with another wraither, Reed, plus a few other regulars.

Reed and I were down planetside in Junae trying out stuff with deploying/extracting crew. Sometimes things are kinda slow planetside, but AFAIK this time the whole experience was smooth. I like the way the planets physically rotate - I managed to catch 2 beautiful sunsets, but was unable to take any planetside screenshots (I think its an issue with my settings).

Missed the other fleetleaders/vets though, it'd be nice to get some weekly battles going on one of the servers...

I'd be willing to set up some kind of weekly battles with you fleet types, as long as it's in the evening between 6PM and 11pm central.

Just pick a time and a server.

Sounds good I'll be holding a meeting tomorrow with Prime to iron out the details of a few scenarios that I would like to run against your group and the insurgents.

I'll contact you with the details such as victory conditions etc. sometime tomorrow night. Then we can set a date and server if itÔÇÖs all agreeable to you.

Guest Remo Williams

Ummm capture the flag sounds like Quake. Well we have a mission already just putting the finishing touches on it. Then maybe just maybe I'll pull out the gbs3 and put it together the right way so it can be ran on a server.

I'll let you guys know the concept for the scenario after the meeting. I want to feel out how Prime feels about it first.

quote:

Originally posted by Remo Williams:

Then maybe just maybe I'll pull out the gbs3 and put it together the right way so it can be ran on a server.

If you were actually following the GBS3 discussion in Area51, you'd know that this is not even remotely possible.

Guest Remo Williams

Well thanks for the info. I guess this is the reason I thought it possible to run a script on a server. The GBS 3 discussion topic bores me to tears. I'll stick with trial and error itÔÇÖs worked for me all these years why stop now. I either make it work or it don't I've never bothered you with a question to date about GBS. At least I'm persistent.

• 1 month later...

NOTICE: On 08-15-04, the mp servers will go dark and will no longer be accessible to the public. The four month free period funded by Dreamcatcher from April 1st to July 31st, has now elapsed.

Public servers are a marketing expense funded by the publisher for a certain period of time, not the developer. So, we're not paying for it.

If you have any questions, please contact Dreamcatcher.

EDIT: After 08-15-04, the mp servers will only be accessible by current fleet members.

[ 08-12-2004, 11:32 AM: Message edited by: Supreme Cmdr ]

• 2 weeks later...
Guest pseudonem

I maybe Dim... So this means I bought the game thinking of the wonderful MP possibilities.. and Now I cannot play it online. ? If you have a private server up and dont mind a total n00b would ya Hook me up with a Server IP.

quote:

Originally posted by pseudonem:

I maybe Dim... So this means I bought the game thinking of the wonderful MP possibilities.. and Now I cannot play it online. ? If you have a private server up and dont mind a total n00b would ya Hook me up with a Server IP.

You're kidding, right?

quote:

Originally posted by pseudonem:

Hey pseudonem. Just for reference, the official servers are available to the player fleets, but if you look at most other games, there are more MP servers hosted by private individuals than by the official company. SC's supporting a few servers, but remember that that support includes bandwidth costs (for 24-7 servers) that we normally don't have to pay since we're not having professional hosting.

When I get another computer (I'm hoping before Christmas), I'll have a chance to put up a server occasionally, but until then, look around and see if you and/or your friends can put something together too. We private users don't have to pay for bandwidth the same way if we're broadband users (although I know the provders are watching bandwidth usage).

That's why I said earlier, "who's got game?" Like any other community, we've got to be committed enough to put our own resources into it because we like playing.

• 5 weeks later...

This weekend had to be the most active I've seen, as far as MP goes. On average, six players wandered the UC galaxy on Server 4 ... engaged in battle, defending territory, exploring planets, etc.

Usually, raider and insurgent forces were outnumbered two-to-one or better. Except in a few rare cases, no quarter was given ... or received.

Promising. Even without any scheduled Fleet training. Just a little impromptu instruction for Cartman ... thanks to Reed.

quote:

But yes, S4 was very lively, with a lot of non-fleet players around on Sunday evening GMT.

ya it was real good this weekend. it felt good to play with real folks on 4 instead of the ai. even as late as it was when i got on there were still 4 or 5 peeps in 4. and of course there was a non fleetie, complaining about how stuff didnt get fixed in the new release (in their mind)blahblahblah and wondering why he (as a ter/mil) was getting attacked for no reason by 3 ter/ins... gee i wonder

quote:

Originally posted by Grayfox:

and of course there was a non fleetie, complaining about how stuff didnt get fixed in the new release (in their mind)blahblahblah and wondering why he (as a ter/mil) was getting attacked for no reason by 3 ter/ins... gee i wonder

LMAO!!

• 2 weeks later...

The mp servers - which should have been taken offline back on July 31st - are now offline as far as UC is concerned.

Once the current maintenance and restructuring is over, only one UC (the fleet server) will be back online for public use. The other servers will be used for our newer games.

UC gives the ability for anyone to setup their own server and the free period during which Dreamcatcher made servers available and which 3000AD extended by two months, is now over.

Guest Remo Williams

Ouch! I must have ESP!

Anyway Prime West is up for the Fleets until Friday maybe Saturday. When I relocate my hardware to my new residence and the net connection is restored in about 2 weeks Prime West will be up again 24/7 for Fleet use. Maybe I can get Prime East back online to fill the gap I'll see about it.

Regards

Guest Remo Williams

Oh I had a gut feeling that this was going to occur about a week ago when I found out I was going to be moving about this time. I told my wife you watch the servers will be taken down when I'm moving and can't run a server for my fleet. Wish I would of said something to Marvin or one of the others instead so they could verify it LOL!

Lucky guess I'm sure Boss nothing special about me that's for sure.

The fleet server is back up.

I will also have the two public servers up for a while longer. But as soon as my bandwidth starts getting high, I'll take them offline until the following month once the bandwidth resets.

• 2 weeks later...

Ok, maybe I'm missing something here, after reading all the posts. As I understand it, the public servers are back online. But I cannot find the passwords. I looked on the registration page, where I thought they were, but could not find them there. Could someone clue me in? I'd love to play multi... Thanks in advance.

They are not open to the general public any longer. While they are online, if you didn't already know what the password was and didn't previously have access, you won't.

We are not responsible for providing servers and I am only making these available for a while longer until the next game is released and to which they will be switched.