In space no one can hear you scream... especially when

there is no one else in the entire galaxy! You know, I love to play with myself but this is ridiculous! *grin*

When do most mp's get online? Have tried a couple times but always find myself alone with nothing to do.. especially since pods are empty and I like collecting things!

• 1 month later...

I finally set up an online game, at the house. jumped into server 4 for many hours late saturday night, had a ball getting in there and seeing so much activity all day on sunday.

I'm still having some problems staying connected, but working on it. When I get it my system stable, I'll be ready to join some relaxed position within some fleet....(going to be fun joining in the battles)

lol..I was connecting through the internet: via ameteur radio connection, on a 6 meter 1200 baud connection, and could not play games on the internet. I recently upgraded to a 9600 baud hf backbone connection through a NEW YORK access point... or gateway ...still not good enough for games, but practical, and cost free for general searchs(if you didnt mind the wait for loads) All of this was experimental Ham access points.

there are other 2.4 ghz access points, which are used commercially, and a portion is within the ameteur radio bands, but the only one's close enough for me to hit(within legal power restrictions) would not allow me access.(seems they are a bit paranoid..lol) They said they would reconsider, but i was tired of waiting.

I just had a dsl installed, at my new house...been putting it off, since I have t1 connection at work. But your game, made me reconsider, my internet preferences

I will be sure to change it in my profile, though...

I wonder if I should try and hook myself up a dish, jury rig an amplifier and upconverter, and see if I can't get myself an X-Band frequency signal up to one of the military comsats. The trouble of course, would be finding a downlink end so I could tap into the internet. The other part of course, would be the whole... MILITARY... part. They would most likely backhack me, trace my location, and send MPs to arrest me.

I don't think my one signal would need a Mux or Demux... After all, I'm not splicing fifty computers into one uplink signal or anything.

Anyone got a thirty foot parabolic dish?

quote:

Originally posted by Admiral Tigerclaw:

I wonder if I should try and hook myself up a dish, jury rig an amplifier and upconverter, and see if I can't get myself an X-Band frequency signal up to one of the military comsats. The trouble of course, would be finding a downlink end so I could tap into the internet. The other part of course, would be the whole... MILITARY... part. They would most likely backhack me, trace my location, and send MPs to arrest me.

I don't think my one signal would need a Mux or Demux... After all, I'm not splicing fifty computers into one uplink signal or anything.

Anyone got a thirty foot parabolic dish?

I bet you could look around your neighborhood and find many abandoned 10 meter dishes. Most noticeable if you see one in a yard and a small Directv dish on the roof. Directv bought out that old satellite tv provider and began converting the existing customer base over to the new dishes. Only problem the customers had was the installers refused to remove the old dish. If you could gather enough of those things and link them all in series, you might be able to get yourself arrested