Unofficial UC servers

Ok. I hope, this is being posted within the correct catagory, but here goes...

I am in the process, of setting up a 24/7 UC server. The machine, is not a road runner, but i

THINK, it will suffice. 1.2 gig machine. It is quite, a project, as I have had to rearrange a whole bucket load of things, to get the right machine, placed in the right position, within my

network of computers.

Windows!!, and it's poor understanding of nic cards, has been giving me a headache...but patience..I'll get everything worked out and stable, before too long.... I hope.

@ SC,

I am not sure, but was under the impression, this is something, 3000ad would encourage. Let me know

[ 09-22-2004, 06:12 PM: Message edited by: Supreme Cmdr ]

I'm in process to set up a server soon (not a 24/7).

Machine Specs:

AMD64 3200+

512 Mb memory

160 Mb HD

300 Kbps network speed connection (Cable)

Timetables

Monday-Friday 15:00 to 06:30 GMT+1

Weekends: request availability (post with requirements or PM)

Looks for "Fleet Action Server" and enjoy.

UPDATE: on 24/7 server.

I have been having some difficulty, and have narrowed the problem down to the machine's Mother board.There has been a hardware failure.

I have bought a NEW mother board, and will begin setting the machine up, this weekend!!

Will be ready to rock and roll, soon!

I am at work, and dont have the information with me; however, when u run the program, to join the server,...select FOX-public, then look at the lower left hand corner of your screen. The IP will be shown, before you click join..

finally got the crashes stopped. now to find out how many this machine can handle, and remain stable.

Friendly fire, is turned off, and NPC is running.

I will start by ony allowing a small number in(5 for the time being). If the server remains stable, I will increase the number accordingly; until reaching a viable limit, as to how many can play adequately.

Any Problems, just P. M. me..Ill try to help, if i can.

hope this helps.

FOX-public- Server Update: I have disabled the NPC generation, as my machine does not seem to be able to handle it.....

Hopefully, this is only temporary. I plan to add another 1/2 gig memory, and free up, some of the shared memory this weekend.

meanwhile... you will have to fight each other, or hunt down npc on server 4

Black Raider, i will jump in and help you test...

Thanks Street.

This weekend I could'n do anything.

My little brother be married (at last!!) Friday and Saturday got another wedding (a friend of mine).

The /logchat switch is enabled and I configure my machine for remote reset if needed from my PDA (through a GPRS connection).

Good look and enjoy. And good hunting!!.

quote:

Originally posted by black raider:

and I configure my machine for remote reset if needed from my PDA (through a GPRS connection).

Good look and enjoy. And good hunting!!.

whoa! talk about hardcore

Anyway, what are you using for remote access?

I little app in C# I developed.

The client connects to remote server using .NET Remoting. The server exposes the funcionality I need.

Is a pretty tool what I use in my job every day.

Can expand to control every aspect of a MS Windows operating systems. Currently I in process to update to do the same with Linux.

• 3 weeks later...