Server Problems (Private server)

This is not a problem with the Main server as I know it went down years ago. This is a question about private fleet server m-player. Wraith leader Ben Zwecky was attempting to instruct me in a private server training and after much greif of going through the set up, I finally reached the join Mp server and was asked to enter the CD code/key. (This is the first time Ive tried it) I entered the number with dashes and after a while it says "Cd key is banned!:Contact 3000ad technician" -now I know this is a valid copy because I got it at Target and in a box (I read the thing on the banned Cd-keys) so I was thinking it was because the authentication server was down or something- or maybe just becuase I didnt do this before the main server went down- but if there is still any way to fix this it would be greatly appreciated because I only have UC and I want to play against someone in it. Thanks!

If its banned, its banned. Nothing to do with server authentication.

There is also a thread around here about reporting cd-key issues to use via email.

Also, we canceled our contract with Dreamcatcher (publisher) and we invalidated all cd-keys which weren't in use at the time. So, if you happened to have one of those copies, you're out of luck.

I was at CompUSA yesterday and I noticed they had some jewel-case copies of Universal Combat. I've wanted to get another copy of it so I could play it on a LAN with my brother-in-law (maybe bring another UC convert into your fold). Is this possible using this jewel-case version or will the multiplayer authentication fail when playing on a LAN also?

[ 06-07-2006, 11:13 PM: Message edited by: Matchoo ]

Here I was thinking that my post above was already clear. Apart from the fact that UC is no longer supported.

If you want to introduce someone to the game, you should be playing either UCG or UCAWA. That much should be obvious I think.

The servers are not guaranteed to ever be up. I pay for those servers. So if you are thinking of getting UCAWA with the assurances that the official servers will be up, then you probably shouldn't get it.

At any rate, you can setup your own server if you want.