Players for Multiplayer

*hopes this is in the right place (if not forgive and advise )*

I know there are a lot of people here who play UC:AWA and US:SE

The only Hitch is that if we want to play online, there are very few occasions when we get to be able to get together on a more fun based random basis (except fleet actions etc).

When newcomers arrive at the door of UC to play online in most cases they'll only find that nobody or only 2 or 3 people are on at most on any given server if at all.

I would be really cool, if we could figure out when everyone is on, perhaps an Interactive Calender site for UC would be a useful tool. We could see whos available and when and then plan to meet them there.

If everyone knows what time they have that they will hover around the GCQL lobby then I belive that more spontanious server activities can occour or even when massive amounts of players will be able to be on the servers/GCQL lobby.

Think about this, SC pays good money to have servers, we should be using them more often and not knowing when anyone would be on at all I believe is a road block to more continious server usage and in some cases be detrimental to newcomers who percieve... nobody is there.

I would like to propose an Interactive Community Calender where we can log in times we are able to put in for spending even just a little time on the servers.

I believe this will only do good for the community as a whole and possibly be a method whereby we can keep some of the newcomers that would otherwise leave and help them out so they can get full enjoyment of the Battlecruiser Series, who knows maybe they'll stick around more.

Let me know what you guys think!

SC AirSet looks really cool!

The only reason why I opted for a calender style system is for the visual referances, its a lot easier to see correlations between players and the times available. Besides I like visuals

Seeing when a lot of people are on might help me to modify the times i'm on so i can be on when lots of other people are on. It may eventually lead up to a few hot spots in the week or in case everyone decides to go on vacation it would be nice to know

I'm going to see if I can create a Battlecruiser Group so we can try AirSet out! (after testing it of course )

Thanks for the Tip SC!

I'll post my times in the thread and then see if AirSet will work.

-Fox

P.S. We can also post the fleet times on there to so we can see when fleet activities are and when just the regulars are on. (maybe we can have fleet vs regulars wars )

*Update on AirSet test*

Ok! I've tested AirSet and its really cool, you can do a TON of stuff with it. Its kind of like... well a calender BC style, its deffinitely not for little kids and does take a little getting used to, and it has a LOT of options.

Luckily it does have the ability to seperate your personal calender with the Group Calender, so be sure to TEST IT OUT on your personal calender and see how things behave.

I've created the Universal Combat group and it appears to be ready!

As soon as you've got an account with AirSet, let me have your First and Last Name on the account.

Don't worry you can do what I did:

Name -

First: Commander

Last: -=Fox=-

(for SC it could be Supreme Commander )

And i'll add you to the AirSet Group and you'll be able to put in the times that your available in the visual format.

NOTE: Everything looks set up but I'll just allow a few people at first to see how it looks and works and if it indeed is workable. BE SURE TO TEST IT OUT FIRST!

Put your AirSet Names up anyways I'll add them in ^_^

Thanks!

Fox

P.S. Once everything is hunky dory I may differ the administration of the group to someone else, maybe

P.S.S. I know that the fleets may do this kind of thing already but we need something for the Regular Joes who aren't on fleets or for people who want to log in time thats not in fleet related activities.

Good job Fox. And I see what you mean about the visual representation.

Shohashi, maybe you folks who are active in fleets should do the same thing and just create a sticky with instructions on where and how to login to the Airset calendar.

Is there a way in your profile (on Airset) to specify which game versions you have available to play? It would help to coordinate games as well. I know that in Wraith Fleet, some members have AWA and some only plain UC.

Cheers!

There are some extra fields for things such as location (server 1,2 or 3)

and other information, you can put your UC version in that field.

The feilds may be "designed" for certain information but their just regular fields and you can put anything in there.

Also in the Preferances you can set your time zone and when you look at the scheduals it will automaticly CONVERT the listed time zones in YOUR time zone

Cool!

-Fox

P.S. Go ahead and register with AirSet and get your name, I'll see if i can find an appropriate field, I'll put you into the group and you can see how i did it and then just follow the pattern!

SC, the time elapse variable for the forums is a little short, I don't like posting a whole lot when I can just edit my previous post but if you don't want to change it I'll get over it, just a suggestion ^_^ .

Anyways, Case the answer is YES.

When you enter a new event Use:

Subject: Commander Case (or just Case, your AirSet name [Commander Case] Will appear on the event)

Address: UC:AWA and/or UC:SE

-Fox

quote:

Originally posted by Supreme Commander:

Shohashi, maybe you folks who are active in fleets should do the same thing and just create a sticky with instructions on where and how to login to the Airset calendar.

Good idea!

quote:

Originally posted by -=Fox=-:

As soon as you've got an account with AirSet, let me have your First and Last Name on the account.

-=Fox=- I've created the AirSet account, please add me in as:

First Name: Fleet Admiral

Last Name: ShoHashi

Thanks!

-Sho

[ 10-31-2006, 06:12 PM: Message edited by: ShoHashi ]

Ah, i've tried to add you, but i think i need your e-mail address, just PM me with the addy and i'll see if it works, ATM it says your not registered but i'll keep trying a few differnt things to see if i can get it to work

-Fox

*UPDATE*

Shohashi is IN!

Learned a new thing about the program.

The requirements are:

AirSet account: http://www.airset.com

AirSet Name: (fake, see examples)

E-mail address: Used for verification

You can PM me your E-mail address and/or name if you don't want your e-mail displayed here.

Always learning something new

-Fox

If you guys are having ANY trouble viewing the calendar or not seeing any times posted in the Universal Combat TAB please let me know so i can fix the problem or figure out whats going on ASAP

Oh and Equinox is in ^_^

-Fox

P.S. Go ahead and post a TEST event on the calender so that i know its working, go ahead and post it anywhere for the rest of the week i want to MAKE SURE this thing works like its supposed to!

*UPDATE*

I've implemented some basic secruity for the AirSet Group so that it is a little more spam and stupidity resistant.

The Following Limitations are Now in place:

-You cannot view another members e-mail address.

So NO spamming of ANY kind. I respect your privacy and will NEVER give anyones e-mail address to ANYONE without YOUR expressed permission.

-Members can only edit the events they have created.

So nobody is gonna mess around with your Events!

-You cannot create Lists.

This feature is pretty useless for anyone but an admin or manager (later on). Only Admins can create lists for the time being.

It could be good for createing a list of objectives for Fleets and stuff in general (ask me if you need lists).

-You cannot publish any content (events, lists, etc) to another group or to a public group or to the public at all.

Thats right, whats in the group stays in the group and no other groups (AirSet) are going to have access to the content. If another group pops up such as a Fleet group then I might enable publishing.

-I've disabled the Web Links and Blog Capabilities.

They are mostly useless features that will only detract from the main purpose.

There NOW were almost ready. Once again if your a member of the AirSet Group PLEASE set an event of any type, i don't care just make an even for any time. Any time BEFORE SUNDAY so that I know that this is working!

Remember to click on the Universal Combat Group TAB, next to the personal tab and goto the calender and create events.

Create an event by clicking on an empty space on the calender and fill in the appropriate information and use the SERIES tab for events the re-occur weekly, daily or monthly.

Otherwise your just creating events in your PERSONAL Tab which of course is useless since we want to SHARE that info with the rest of the Members.

Any Questions about AirSet I can prolly figure out in a minute and get right back to you otherwise you'll probably need to look it up on the AirSet site. Don't hesitate to ask I'm here to make sure this thing is workin!

Thanks and ENJOY!

-Fox

ok, I'm in and got the email of tomorrow's schedule, including my own and Fox's events, so it looks like it's all good. My availability time event is all set up as a series, maybe need to add a note to that saying I need 24 hours notice to reliably meet up, could you edit it to say that, please, Mr administrator, sir?

Later,

Ben

Just a Re-Cap for the requirements for the AirSet accounts, oh on a side note, if your on 56K it will take a while to load up the AirSet Java Scripts (I think its Java...I looks like Java...).

*taken from my previous post*

quote:

Originally posted by -=Fox=-:

The requirements are:

AirSet account:

AirSet Name: (fake, see examples [above])

->>>E-mail address: Used for verification<<<-

You can PM me your E-mail address and/or name if you don't want your e-mail displayed here.

-Fox

-Fox