Multiplay anyone?

Guest Devin Long

• 1 month later...

All those interested in organised multiplayer using a UC-series game (of any sort, not just Fleet Action) should go and take part in this poll and tell us what you're looking for and when you're available.

Your opinions matter.

Later,

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Devin Long

Hello, this is Commander Devin, I have recently been robbed at gun point at my work, and got pretty banged up, so for my absence I am sorry, im feeling better now, and hope the mp dates are still in effect!!!

Devin

Guest Devin Long

Thank you very much, The pain on my body is starting to go away, Just have to wait for the mental part of it to drift off, other than that, Im trying to get my good connection up, because it hasn't been working, but ill let you know as soon as possible once it does, and thank you so much for your thoughts, it helps you know!!!!

Cmd.Devin

Wow man, I'm sorry to hear what happened. It was bad enough that I decided to post for the first time in a long time. Just wanna let you know I feel for you and hope you feel better mentally soon. I can't even begin to imagine what that must be like! Just remember, don't harbor any hate for the guy that did this to you, if any thing feel sorry for him and hope that his life gets better soon. You can move on with your life ect, but he will always have to live with what he did to you and others. Sorry I don't mean to get all preachy ;P I just hope you feel better soon, would also be up for some mutliplayer if any of you guys are still running UC:AWA

This kind of thing forces you to look at your priorities in life, good can come form this in the long run.

As for MP with AWA, Devin only has UC and UCSE last time I checked, we've been playing good old UC together a couple of times. It looks like we'll be running the new Fleet Action Season using AWA, so if you want to get involved in that, you can take part in the poll over here and tell us when you're available in the thread. We can also set up a temporary UC or UCAWA MP server for fleet members for messing around on, just as long as you don't need it up when we're using it for something official.

for some reason I can't take part in the poll, as I mentioned in that thread I wouldn't mind joining the fleet if you're going to have a multiplayer season on AWA. What exactly does that entail? Do you just play co-op or death matchs against each other?

what the Fleet action season is all about. All pvp stuff, team-based tactical scenarios (some more goal-oriented, some more deathmatch style depending on what you're trying to do) whose outcome impacts the situation on a game map (you're basically trying to wipe out other fleets and capture territory, but there are multiple ways you can go about it). Several fleets are taking part (both galcom and insurgent, with the possible participation of non-fleet types as a raider band), so you can choose which side you want to align yourself with. This is the thread to post in if you want to join a fleet, then the various active fleets can tell you what they have to offer a potential new recruit.

quote:

I'm curious why there isn't any sort of Raider fleet or why anyone hasn't formed one yet.

There was a Raider Fleet at one time. Do a search on the forum for more information.

-Sho

Yes, thank you. But that all seems to have happened in 2004. Curious, from my research, it seems that all of the other fleets have undergone several leadership changes without being disbanded, yet the Raider fleet seems to have been abandoned out-of-hand. Why not just change leadership?

If you go to this thread and read the third message from the end, you'll see that the SC disbanded the fleet and removed it from the Fleet Database. This is the SC's game, forum and database and if he so chooses to disband a fleet, that's HIS call in the end.

This doesn't mean that you still can't be a Raider, however, in Fleet Action. As a Raider you can still post in the Raider and Indies forum as well. However, in Fleet Action, Raiders have a separate way they operate that is more in line with the 3000AD universe.

-Sho

Yes, ShoHashi.. I did read the entire raider/indie forum. Thank you. Still it seems that the Raider fleet was disbanded over a few arguments and disagreements and was never really part of the whole BC fleet experience.

Just my opinion, but do you think Prime, Wraith, or Bishamon would have been disbanded in the same manner?

I'm not trying to stir up anything here, I wasn't there. Still, from reading the Raider forums, it seems that the whole fleet was basically abandoned and forgotten. There really would be a great value having a raider fleet if you are trying to have GalCom/Insurgent/Raider MP scenarios.

Was it ever an official 3000AD Fleet or no?

Just curious.

quote:

Yes, ShoHashi.. I did read the entire raider/indie forum. Thank you. Still it seems that the Raider fleet was disbanded over a few arguments and disagreements and was never really part of the whole BC fleet experience.

There was a bit more to it than that behind the scenes. Not going to rehash on an old subject.

quote:

Just my opinion, but do you think Prime, Wraith, or Bishamon would have been disbanded in the same manner?

No, because it was under a different circumstance.

quote:

There really would be a great value having a raider fleet if you are trying to have GalCom/Insurgent/Raider MP scenarios.

And as I stated before, there is nothing stopping anyone from playing a Raider in any type of MP game to include Fleet Action.

quote:

Was it ever an official 3000AD Fleet or no?

Yes, until it was disbanded by the SC.

Now, I think we've driven this a bit off topic way too much, so we need to get this thread back on topic.

-Sho

That sounds like good stuff to me I'm going to read up on the fleet action and see if I can't find the time to join in I work strange hours though so I might have to just watch.

You are correct..Sho..somewhat, as the topic was Multiplay and I was inquiring about a basically, MP fleet..so I guess it's 6 of one and half-dozen of another..but whatever. I really ain't into the whole politics thing and don't really want to go there.

Been there..done that.

As you were.

[ 03-03-2007, 08:26 PM: Message edited by: BC_Vet ]