planet orbiting

Guest pman

i have version 2.0 and up graded to version2.2.

no matter what i try i can get only to 154k before a moon or planet gravity gets me.

the manual says i have to be at 100k to ordit

and i have tried at different distances but nothing works. help!!!

Guest aramike01

pman....read the version control and search this forum before posting questions of this nature.

There is no orbit function in any version of BC3K.

------------------

Commander Michael Kristophers

Spectre Fleet

ICV-Intrepid

aramikeo1 thank you but i did read the manual

and yes the one with the game box said no. but the acobat reader siad there is. section 12.5. is this not true.

Guest aramike01

Wait a sec...why did you only upgrade to v2.02? Why don't you just patch up to v2.09? Anyway, when I said read the version control as search the forum, I wasn't refering to the manual, but rather, this site. If you would have typed in "Orbit" while in the search function, you probably would have found a hundred threads started on that topic and you would have had your answer.

The reason I'm telling you is this simply because the SC prefers to keep this site un-cluttered and easy to read, meaning, no unneccessary threads.

Welcome aboard!!! smile.gif

------------------

Commander Michael Kristophers

Spectre Fleet

ICV-Intrepid

[This message has been edited by aramike01 (edited 01-09-2000).]

• 1 month later...
Guest seabass

I may be wrong, but if you establish planetfall (i.e after the video sequence of the ship entering the planets atmosphere) and then point up and hit the afterburners until you get to a hieght of 45000 and hit "o" for orbit then "a" to engage auto-pilot it will take you back into space and orbit the planet automatically, but only while the auto-pilot is in control.

btw, if you can't tell when you are at the correct hieght (which I reluctantly admit I can't do) then hit "o" every 3 seconds or so after you hit the afterburners.

------------------

Str. Commander SeaBass

cmd. registration #A042r