Beat up BC

Adam Thomas

I am in the sol system, and my BC is beat up so bad it cant dock with Galcom HQ. I have a shuttle that was launched before the damage, but now I can't re-dock! I have used the shuttle to tow the BC to galcom, but i cannot target it to dock. Any ideas?

------------------

Commander Adam Thomas

GCV-Victorinox

"A small mind is easy to fill with faith"

I dont have the spare parts to make repairs! I can't really evac either as none of the shuttles can launch. AARGH! deck 3 is full of radiation. Splodge (Thats the noise my radioactive crew are making).

Its a pity that I don't have time to get into the game properly this week (as you can probably tell I have just started). But once my exams are over, i'm ready to be in over my head!

------------------

Commander Adam Thomas

GCV-Victorinox

[This message has been edited by Adam Thomas (edited 01-18-2000).]

Guest Jesse Smith

Hey, put power to launch control after you cleanup the radiation. Next send your shuttle to buy spare parts, or just request a tow ship by pressing ctrl+s.

------------------

Commander J.Smith

GCV-ENTERPRISE

"Choose your allies wisely, for they may turn against you. "

[removed description untried idea]

Nevermind this post. I put up an unverified idea as a solution earlier. Dropping spareparts on the surface of a planet or moon with a shuttle and then picking them up with your transporter. But the transporter can't beam UP or mine doesn't want to. The tacops transporter button stays red.

To bad. Would be a neat solution to your problem.

Rico

[This message has been edited by Rico Jansen (edited 01-22-2000).]

Good idea, pity I had no power whatsoever from both reactors! Anyway, my problem has become worse! Everything seeemed to be going fine, I had been towed to galcom and completed repairs. However, when I tried to leave, it started showing the launching animation then just crashed! This happened twice, so I decided to boot up in non-3dfx mode. The same thing happened, exept it got as far as me seeing the bridge and getting the message radiation contained before it crashed. I am running V 2.09 on an AMD K6/2 300 with a 16mb voodoo banshee and 64mb RAM. I have also formatted my computer recently, although I can't see how that could make a difference as this is not a backed up save, I started it after the format. Thanks in advance for any help offered!

PS. Wonder why the transporter wouldn't work? hmm...

------------------

Commander Adam Thomas

GCV-Victorinox

[This message has been edited by Adam Thomas (edited 01-22-2000).]

Try tweeking around in the shortcut. Recently I reinstalled BC and was having game crashes. I had my DPMI setup to the highest possible state which was 65535. But after changing it back to AUTO my game worked perfectly. So just tweek around with the shortcut and read the faq. You shouldn't have any more problem.