A new commander!

Guest Max Damage

Guest Max Damage

I won't even ask why I was banned from the board last time I posted.. - Nevermind.

I got my copy of BC3k yesterday, installed and patched it. Then I had a go - Ouch! Still glitchy and buggy, but I have a feeling it'll keep me going until Millenium or 3020 come out - Here's a description of my FIRST go!

New battlecruiser comissioned - The Indeterminable (Fitting, no?)

I blunder round space a bit.. Can't figure out how to fly..

Spend an hour reading the manual.

Go back to game - Figure out how to fly wink.gif

Go through jumpgate.. I forget which one - Then through a wormhole into a system with one planet..

Zoom and look at planet - MASSIVE TERRAN RAIDER BASE! YIPPEE!!!!

Send a couple of ATV's down to soften up air defenses (See, I DID read the manual) then send in interceptors to mop up..

I seem to be fighting a losing battle, then a small fleet of ships from Galcom arrive and start sending armies of marines into battle - My interceptors hold off enemy troop carriers.

Three raider cruisers jump in, I destroy one, another falls to the reinforcements, a third jumps out, I pursue.

Find nasty cruiser.. He's got reinforcements as well - And then a gammulan raider squad appears, both me and terran/raider bite the dust..

THIS GAME IS FOOKING AMAZING! DEREK SMART, YOU AND 3000AD ARE GODS!

This game is godlike.. Now, HURRY UP WITH Millenium and 3020 please! I want a perfect battlecruiser.. - Oh, and nice work fighting off take 2.. They used to be gametek right? Then they changed name cos of their bad reputation.. They still rush development, look at hidden & dangerous! smile.gif

------------------

---

Max Damage

Captain of the Indeterminable

---

Sing this aloud for best effect:

Star trekkin' across the universe!

On the starship enterprise

Under captain kirk!

Star trekkin' across the universe

Boldly going forward, cos 'we can't find reverse!

Guest aramike01

Welcome aboard! You were banned? I won't ask...

------------------

Commander Michael Kristophers

Spectre Fleet

ICV-Intrepid

Chief Security Officer

New America

Guest Max Damage

Okay - I've managed to drum up enough confidence to ask the burning question - WHY THE HELL WAS I BANNED!?!?!? Support said it MAY have been because of my offensive name.. Max Damage, offensive? How?? - Anyhow, I actually talked him into allowing the less offensive, but slightly ruder names into the board - One up for me!

The other possible reason I was banned was the content of my post.. Which was a little letter saying I loved the demo, had ordered my copy, but it was late, and that 3000ad are one of the best developers out there.. The next day the message was gone, and my 'posting priveliges' had been revoked!!

Okay - Why was I banned, 3000ad? Tell me please!

Oh, and it's a great game you've put together here, looking forward to 3020, but millenium might not be quite enough of a revolution to merit my money - especially with Tacops (Previously Strike Pack) being sold seperately..

3020 sound absolutely scrummy though smile.gif

quote:

Zoom and look at planet - MASSIVE TERRAN RAIDER BASE! YIPPEE!!!!

Hey man, that's was probably my cousin you killed!!! wink.gif Anyway, I cleaned-up and now I'm a proud member of the insurgency. I just want to take the time here and welcome you the this magnificent game.

I don't know why you got banned, but you must done something to piss-off one of the admin... My advice, don't. Is not worth it (cause this great game, and the people I may add), I mean if you wanna to piss people off, go find a microsoft product fourm.

So Again, welcome to this insane but stable fourm. You are going to love it!

quote:

but millenium might not be quite enough of a revolution to merit my money - especially with Tacops (Previously Strike Pack) being sold seperately..

Trust me! BCM is going to wipe everybody's arse. Just look at the screen-shot page, and you then tell me if BCM dosen't rule. Also check out this Insurgent base called New America:

http://www.bc3000ad.com/images/screen_shot...newamerica1.jpg%20

" target="_blank"> http://www.bc3000ad.com/images/screen_shot...newamerica1.jpg

http://www.bc3000ad.com/images/screen_shot...newamerica2.jpg%20

" target="_blank"> http://www.bc3000ad.com/images/screen_shot...newamerica2.jpg

http://www.bc3000ad.com/images/screen_shot...newamerica3.jpg%20

" target="_blank"> http://www.bc3000ad.com/images/screen_shot...newamerica3.jpg

Beside, BCM uses the same graphic engine that 3020 will use(of course 3020 will be a step higher but). Don't you want to play M.P(espeically when Cisco is about the unleash a new internet protocol that will totally wipe-out ping time). BCM will allow you to fight it out with 16 other human players plus NPC players that already pouplate the current universe. Take you time, get to know the current vesion, then just pipe-dream about the possblities. It will drive nuts!

P.S I know you are new and all but give some thought in joinning the Insurgency. This is a cutthroat fourm, if you ain't go no back-up, 'they' are going to cut you up like little piece of sushie. Take my advice man. Beside the Insurgency is like the best man, you are like totally free, and we are totally for the advancement of us humans, and we are about saving the planet (what else could you possibly want?) And each of us gets a phat sack of money at the end of the day (last time I check our stock was the highest). So we rule. Check us out!! MaxPayne!! That, I promise, you will dish-out fully if you join us!

-----------------

Cmd S.P

ICV FlipSide

[This message has been edited by SpacePhish (edited 02-18-2000).]

[This message has been edited by SpacePhish (edited 02-18-2000).]

I can find no evidence of your posting before 2/10/00, and that thread is gone, just the posting date. I have no idea why it was deleted. I didn't do it! As to why you were banned, again, I have no idea but, if you want to start with a clean slate, I'm game. Best advice that I can give is keep it fun, keep it clean, and keep it on subject. No frivolous posting, no bushwhacking the SC or the game, and try to blend in for a while. Find a confidant if you must, but ease your way into it. I'm available most nights on ICQ if you have questions. My ICQ number is in my signature. There are many capable Commanders here more than willing to help those who are willing to help themselves as well. Enjoy the Website, enjoy the Game, and Keep The Faith! That's all anyone can ask of ANY of us up here. Have a good day, Commander! smile.gif

------------------

Rattler, Spectre, Insurgent One

Official BC3K Tester

[email protected]

ICQ 12894104

"Old Age and Treachery will ALWAYS win out over Youth and Exuberance!"

I deleted the post and killed his alias because I didn't like the tone of his post. Though it seemed sincere (like the current one), it seemed like it was blatantly sarcastic (call me God, I rock and all that stuff) because no fan can be that amazed at the game. So, for that, I was wrong. I got the email that tech support sent to me. So, I told him to re-register and to keep the Derek Smart is a God type rhetoric, to a minimum. Its bad enough that every detractor this side of SOL says I have a cult going on here. Can't prove them right now, can we? smile.gif

"WHY THE HELL WAS I BANNED"

This will get you banned further along the road... keep the tone down and the gam's off your butt... and be happy smile.gif

Welcome back!

------------------

Fleet Commander

Daniel "Tac" Londono

GCV Usagi

=Wraith Fleet=

"Hard,Fast, Furious...FIRST!"

Guest aramike01

I would label it "a loyal and opinionated following". At least opinionated on my part, anyway. wink.gif

------------------

Commander Michael Kristophers

Spectre Fleet

ICV-Intrepid

Chief Security Officer

New America

[This message has been edited by aramike01 (edited 02-19-2000).]

Guest Max Damage

Eh? Wot??

So THAT's why I got banned.. I REALLY DID MEAN THAT YOU ARE A GREAT GAMING VISIONARY SC! - What do you want me to do? Congratulate you or tell you to go hump a hippo!? If you ban people for SINCERE worship, what kind of man are you!?

Sheesh.. Well, at least that's over - weiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiird smile.gif

Hmm - Perhaps I will get millenium - Mmmmmmmmmm.... Screenshots.......

Though - one question, why sell the FPS module seperately.. Why not hike up the price a bit, and make it complete?

Oh, and I can't play using that Cisco powerplay thing for at least a year - It's not actually coming out here (The UK) for ages, so I'm pretty much stuck with massive phone bills (Though, BT are introducing a flat rate system.. approx 60 dollars per month for flat rate modem internet, are us brits getting ripped off?) and good old fashion lag.

Okay, and before I go hunt some more gammulans.. SC, what does 'sincere, but sarcastic' mean?? That's a contradiction in terms, isn't it?

I give up..

Sigh...

Here in The us I heard that some cable companies might start bundling their internet acsess with regular cable. and you can get free Internet modem Conections From places like freeI or get it free if you go to school... local calls are all flat rate here too ( this is in CA and WI i don''t know about other areas)

Guest Max Damage

Fat lot of use that is.. Us here in the UK (England) have been stuck with pay as you use internet since the stone age, and now flat rate is coming out, it looks too expensive for the average user anyway!

I mean, look at our prices for ISDN.. (dollar values are estimated) 220 dollars for installation, 55 dollars a month for line rental, and 3 cents a minute for use!! RIPOFF!!!

Oh - and SC, you DO have a cult going on here. BC3K is one of those games that gather a fanatical cult following.. Ever played outcast? You get the idea then. Oh, and just cos I say you're a god, don't let it go to your head and start smiting your followers at a whim, okay? smile.gif

As for the game, battlecruiser is one of the few games that has depth of gameplay equal (if not greater) to the designers original ideas, 10 years of development were well used.. Oh, and I was not at all sarcastic in any of my previous posts, so don't go banning my ass again, okay? smile.gif

Guest Max Damage

Oh, and before I forget, BC3k, stop mucking around on this message board and go back to working on the game of the century.. I have confidence in you, just bugfix, bugfix bugfix - I don't need pretty graphics.. Just solid gameplay! Oh - and a good interface, the current one is just too clumsy.. Perhaps stealing homeworlds control system for the tacops screen would work?

Cya round

------------------

---

Max Damage

---

Under captain kirk!

Max,

Do you have a deathwish or somthing?

As a suggestion, I would quit using speed before posting to this message board. Overly manic posts are the surest way to get your ass banned at an ISP level. Do yourself a favor and ease up on the throttle a bit.

------------------

F.C KARL 'BLADES' SAVAGE

ORION FLEET

TSUNAMI BATTLE GROUP

GCV - TSUNAMI Ôäó

www.orion-hq.fsnet.co.uk

'For Queen and country'

Guest Max Damage

Sorry..

Just letting off steam, I had a lot to say, and a lot of attitude to discharge at something.. I hope you understand. Oh, and please don't ban me again - I want to annoy some more people (Just kidding!)

Sorry SC, you are a great man, a king among developers. Honest, no sarcasm there!

Oh - And did you know that deathwish is my real nickname among my friends?? Really!

There - I've stopped ranting. Too much coffee.. Sleep deprivation, it's all your fault really, BC has been keeping me awake smile.gif

Now, gotta go, must find gammulan homeworld, must reach it alive, must launch bugnor OTS.. BOOOOOOOOOOOOOM!

Bye for now

------------------

---

Max Damage

---

Under captain kirk!