Hey, don't go there!

Guest Photochicken

Guest Photochicken

You know, I love all this great ship artificial intelligence and all, but what I do find annoying is the way your ship all too often takes on a mind of its own. When you're in the driving seat you can put it on manual or AI at your pleasure, but whenever you're away from the battlecruiser attending to your interceptors, shuttles, etc the battlecruiser (which you purposely parked behind that small asteroid) charges up its engines and joins you all weapons armed.

I make sure the ship is on manual control before leaving it but for some reason it always reverts to AI control. Anyway to stop this from happening?

[This message has been edited by Photochicken (edited 02-29-2000).]

Why, Yes there is! Try giving it a patrol command if you want it to stay somewhat safe while you are away. It'll patroll the sector, pausing at each jump gate, then proceeding to the next. Another method is to put it on AI and issue a Hold Command. It'll wait right there for your return. Might be battered a bit from not being able to maneuver and fight off any evil entities, but if it's still in one piece it'll still be right where you left it. wink.gif

Hope this helps.

------------------

Rattler, Insurgent One

Spectre Fleet

Spectre StarStation

ICV Necromancer

Official BC3K Tester

[email protected]

ICQ 12894104

"Long Live The Insurgency, Long Live Mother Earth, And Long Live Battlecruiser Developers and Fans!"

Guest Den Dee

When you leave the bridge, the bridge crew, naturally, takes control, and follows set orders. if you want to park it, make sure u give it a HALT order, hit "X" a couple of times to clear autopilot and radar target, check on the small BC tab in the cockpit, that it's really off the other orders /the fields in the tab should read HOLD, HALT.

Then ENGAGE the AI. BC will stop, and, provided you are not on some traffic lane and no craft crashes into you, will stay there.

Enjoy :-)

P.S. Ratt, u quickie ;-)

[This message has been edited by Den Dee (edited 02-29-2000).]