I've been invited.

Guest Dick Trickle

Guest Dick Trickle

I don't even have the game yet, and already I've been invited to join a specific fleet in the Insurgency. What's up whit dat???

I thought that there was no multi player support in this game. Is this someone trying to get me for the next release of the game or what?

And while we are on the subject, what are all the different fleets and all that jaz about anyhow?

Ver 2.09 doesn't have multiplay but BC Millenium is due shortly (when it's ready) And that will have multiplay. So yes we are getting ready for the next version. Look around the forum at all the fleet discussions going on. smile.gif They started a while back but are now an integral part of the game. So much so that Derek hard coded the particular stations into the game.

Open up bc3kman.pdf with your acrobat reader and read the history part at the beginning of the manual. You can get the manual from the downloads page of the website and be looking at it. But we use that to defend our positions as to why we are the real good guys, debate, and just generally call each other really bad names. All in fun with the approriate [rp] (on) [/rp] (off) tags to signify that.

You'll have to read up on the fleets yourself. Each one has a forum. Prime is the default and general fleet. Orion is the battle fleet. Wraith is the secret strike/ quick strike fleet. ISS is In System Support, and EarthCom is the military arm of the UFN. The Insurgents are a splinter group of Terrans who think the UFN has just bungled things badly and plans on retaking Earth.

Choose wisely though as there is a moratorium on transfers. Once you choose you are stuck with that.

------------------

Commander Chavik

Spectre Fleet

Commanding Officer, Pre-Commissioning Crew, Starstation Destiny

ICV Phoenix

Official BC3K Tester

"We Shall Arise From The Ashes"

Guest Dick Trickle

But what if I am a pirate? I would hold no allegiance to any fleet or any governmant. I would scour the galexy preying on the week and stupid to build up my forces.

Oh ya, and I am now downloading ver. 2.08. Is there already a 2.09 out? I did not see that on the downloads page.

If you choose no affiliation you will be an UNDESIGNATED COMMAND VESSEL (UCV). You can be a pirate, raider, criminal, assassin, Merc, etc. As long as its a caste from the game. You can also be of any race found in the game.

"I would scour the galexy preying on the week and stupid to build up my forces."

If all goes well, we vets will have a field day when they come in... BC3K cannot be mastered (or tamed) in a day or two of playing. On which end of the food chain will you be on? *grin*

"I don't even have the game yet, and already I've been invited to join a specific fleet in the Insurgency. What's up whit dat???"

(RP)

That show's ya how desperate they are.

(/rp)

wink.gif (that's how you use the roleplay tags buddy!)

------------------

Flt. Cmdr. Londono

GCV Usagi

*1st Squadron, *HellHound Wing

Stationed, *Starbase Hades

"Hard,Fast, Furious...FIRST!"

ICQ 6955087 EST

=Wraith Fleet=

[This message has been edited by Tac (edited 03-05-2000).]

This forum is for answering newbie questions, not full fledged recruiting. Take that to the fleet forum or the RP forum please. I tried to answer his question without being biased. We should all do the same in this forum.

Guest Dick Trickle

Ok, will the MP aspect of the game be set up as a persistent universe (like Everquest), or will it be basically strat engagements (like Battlezone or Star Craft)?

BTW I was not comparing any of those games to BC I understand that this game is far more complex and intriguing than all of those games combined. Although, I have been a huge fan of the Battlezone games since their beginnings. I feel that they are the first games to successfully combine the FPS and RTS genres, but they are still just glorified FPS games from my perspective (suped up, steroid pumped, PCP smokin FPS games, but FPS'ers none the less). This is why I am interested in BC3k. This seems to take it to the next level.

We will see.

[This message has been edited by Dick Trickle (edited 03-06-2000).]

Guest aramike01

Time for a confession: I'm the one who sent you that invite, Trickle.

Anyway, in keeping with Charles' policy, I'll be fair in getting to the point.

Fleets are here for role-playing purposes. Be who you want. Kinda keeps the philosophy of the game, don't ya think? wink.gif

Those fleets will act as teams when BCM and multiplayer arrives. But, half of the fun is the RP aspect. Assumming another identity and playing it out as that person is just plain fun!

------------------

Cmdr. Michael Kristophers

Spectre Fleet

Commanding Officer, Spectre StarStation

ICV-Intrepid

Recruitment Officer

In answer to your persistant universe question, I snipped this from the BCM Multiplayer Guide:

Unless you are playing on a 3000AD test server, your stats are not saved. The server however, is persistent and will continue running as long as the computer is online. So, someone can setup a server, turn on NPCs and leave it running. Players can just join or leave, re.g.ardless of whether not you, the server op, are there. Assets will still be created, destroyed, resupplied, rebuilt etc, all in keeping with the BC3K tradition.

Hope that answers your question!

------------------

Cmdr ShoHashi

Spectre Fleet

Chief Security Officer, Pre-Commissioning Crew, StarStation New Frontier

ICV Aries

ICQ 484321

"Attack With Effectiveness"

[This message has been edited by ShoHashi (edited 03-06-2000).]