SUGGESTION

Guest Cmdr. Death Chicken

My suggestion is simple, this games needs a tutorial.

It could be set up as an assignment.

"Welcome to the Academy, Commander, This is where we're going to teach how to fly your Battle Cruiser, and how to win in a fight."

Something like that. I like this game, it is complex and in depth, but I have to keep switching to the manual to figure out what I'm doing, and that gets old. Thankyou for reading my suggestion, and please let me know if you make this available, or if you already have.

Cmdr Death Chicken!

At the risk of posting off topic, there are

a few BattleCruiser 3000AD sites out there

that have "tutorials." One of such is located at:

http://members.tripod.com/PowerCow/tips.htm

Now, granted, some of the tips are for older versions of BC, but all in all, they can still benefit and guide you.

Pardon my intrusion, SC! smile.gif

------------------

Cmdr ShoHashi

Spectre Fleet

Chief Security Officer, Pre-Commissioning Crew, StarStation New Frontier

ICV Aries

ICQ 484321

"Attack With Effectiveness"

Right you are Cmdr Shohashi! There's also the Galcom Accademy. Only drawback is it still requires reading of documentation. For those who really want to get into this game, Reading is a mandatory requirement. For those that want to wing it, they'll miss 60 percent of the game. Sad, but true fact of life. Their choice!

------------------

Rattler, Insurgent One

Spectre Fleet

Spectre StarStation

ICV Necromancer

Official BC3K Tester

[email protected]

ICQ 12894104

"Long Live The Insurgency, Long Live Mother Earth, And Long Live Battlecruiser Developers and Fans!"

Oh I have no problem with reading, but I don't have a printer, and BC3K dosn't like it when I ALT+TAB between tasks, that makes reading the documentation a little difficult.

Where is the Galcom Academy?

Sorry, The Galcom War accademy may be visited at http://www.globalxs.nl/home/m/mfaber73/academy/ . A lot of work went into it by Mano Farber and his crew. Drop him a line if you get the chance. I know he's appreciate it. wink.gif

------------------

Rattler, Insurgent One

Spectre Fleet

Spectre StarStation

ICV Necromancer

Official BC3K Tester

[email protected]

ICQ 12894104

"Long Live The Insurgency, Long Live Mother Earth, And Long Live Battlecruiser Developers and Fans!"

Cmdr. Death Chicken!

Try playing with win patch http://www.bc3000ad.com/downloads/bc3k209win.zip so you can alt+tab to manual while playing, graphics are not so fancy but... I remember that I could alt+tab from main menu to windows, but I'm not sure if it works anymore (try it anyway).

------------------

Cmdr Jason Cloud

GCV Silver Lining

[This message has been edited by Papi (edited 03-13-2000).]

You're right about the GalCom Academy, Rattler...just forgot to post it! smile.gif

------------------

Cmdr ShoHashi

Spectre Fleet

Chief Security Officer, Pre-Commissioning Crew, StarStation New Frontier

ICV Aries

ICQ 484321

"Attack With Effectiveness"