Adventures in Stupidity

Guest Deathstroke

ok how many people have done this one, forgetting to turn off weapons before jumping to a Neutral station? BOOM! So-and-so Was killed in action. sucks, SAVE AND SAVE OFTEN.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

this one is kind of lame/stupid

i had a quite a few beers when playing BCMG.

So my judgement was impaired and i'm operating heavy equipment. thats when i get the "how fast i can evac a whole ship to a planet by use of shuttles" idea.

everyone loaded up, i sent out fighters to protect my crew. everyone made it to the meeting point but me and 19 marines. i was way off course.

so i'm like no big deal i can fly this mad mini bar of a shuttle

so i take her off auto pilot, took another drink and started trying to point her in the right direction.

and i didn't realize how far from the planet i was and BAM. that was dumb

so from now on, no drinks for mr. think

quote:

Originally posted by Commander Elio Jason:

ever tried entering Jupiter and getting out alive?

Standard tactical maneuvor - great for shaking off a few too many Gams/Insurgents once the numbers chasing you get a little overwhelming.

I went off to brush my teeth whilst playing (three minutes, max), and left my Megaron in direct flight mode without shutting down launch control. When I got back, three of my shuttles had been stolen by intruders

I left my CC (forgot to put it into HALT), and jumped in a shuttle to do some quick trading. When I came back, it was wrecked, disabled, everyone dead (I assume). The only life coming from it was the sparks off the burned out hull. Ooops.

A Really dumb move is when you forget to cloak, BEFORE Hyperdriving at a enemy space station. Or instinctivly hitting the missle button while cloaked and attacking a enemy space station . Turning back on Launch control before making sure all the intruders are dead or captured . Forgetting to turn Shields back on after towing a ship . Trying to fight a interceptor with a supercarrier CC . Forgetting to take all your medication , and of course the #1 stupid thing Forgettting to turn Life support BACK ON after killing intruders/prisoners.

quote:

Originally posted by Raider/Pirate VLAD:

Or instinctivly hitting the missle button while cloaked and attacking a enemy space station

Strangely enough I have done this a few times and never been attacked by said station. Sometimes I have launched a barrage of missiles at a station while cloaked and no retaliation.

I was in Lyrius as a Galcom cruiser and a bunch of hostiles came into the system I ignored two fighters and set my sites on a BCMK3 near a jump gate. I engaged the hyperdrive then got a warning from my Engineering Officer that we're really low on Radine, I ignore him then prepare the ship for combat.

I come out of hyper space close to the BCMK3 and I start pounding him with my guns.

The BC blows up and I orient my ship back to the station to get some more Radine...then the Nuclear Reactor runs out of Radine! After a couple dumbfounded moments I get some solar power to my launch control and let my shuttle tow me back to base, the shuttle still had Radine I guess. So I learned not to run out of gas!

quote:

Originally posted by Captain Muffin:

I get some solar power to my launch control and let my shuttle tow me back to base, the shuttle still had Radine I guess. So I learned not to run out of gas!

Support craft don't use Radine but are charged (think electric vehicle). Make sure that you keep an eye on your life support systems.

• 3 weeks later...

I decided then we were testing that I would like to see what my ship would look like in the jupiter atmosphere, went in, took a peek at the ship from outside, look at all the pretty sparks, then BOOM, forgot to raise my shields, I lasted just long enough to look at it.

It sure was cool though!! LOL

Well, last weekend at 3 am I was towing a ship to a friendly station when I was being chased by a high AI who was suprisingly "neutral" to me, but who's intentions defintly worn't. Yea, I feel pretty stupid about that one.

I had to space myself out the airlock, this time Resnig got to pull the lever, he actually did his job through all of this. Funny.

Oh, and 'allo Jag, haven't seen a post of yours around here in a little while, but maybe I'm just blind.

Ever gone EVA to admire the veiw of Earth, GalCom and your ship: Without telling the crew to stay put until you are done with your spacewalk? Nothing like watching the engines fire up and your CC hyperjump away from you while puttering about with a jetpack. Thank the maker for the wrist worn tacops interface.

The Misadventures of A Mad BattleCruiser Commander,

Commanders log Stardate Umm. Umm. Ah who cares. Spent hours training for my space career and got my diploma and Command promotion. I decided to become a Commander of a Heavy Cruiser. Embarked to Earth orbit to take command of my spiffy new ship. Took a few minutes, while still in Earth orbit, to get to know my crew and ship. The first thing that struck me was that the whole crew was speaking in an inane mumble. After getting use to my new command an idea occurred to me, Hey I can go visit my friends on Earth and show them my brand new big toy. Cool, I said to myself. So I blurb on the ships intercom that we are taking her down to Earth. So I target the

Earth and gave the command ÔÇ£GO FOR ITÔÇØ. IÔÇÖve heard tales of what planetfall was like and wanted to be prepared so I headed for the ships food court and got myself a few sticks and some wieners and ran to nearest docking port. My first

officerÔÇÖs voice rang over the shipÔÇÖs intercom ÔÇ£WeÔÇÖre entering planetfall.ÔÇØ With that announcement, I opened the docking port door. What a sight! Such a fire! A campers dream! I quickly put the wiener on a stick and stuck it out the port. Pulled the stick back after a minute and there was nothing left just half a stick. Oh god, time was running out and I was now very hungry. So I quickly placed another wiener on a stick but this time I would be slick and pull it back immediately. It worked! A wonderful open fire roasted wiener. Let me tell you that was the tastiest hot dog I ever ate. I closed the port door and headed for my quarters to take care of a little business. While I was there, I just happened to look at a mirror. EGADS! My hair!

It was standing straight up and was highly singed hey ÔÇ£you know what this reminds me ofÔÇØ I said to myself ÔÇ£Don King!!!ÔÇØ CanÔÇÖt be seen on the bridge like this and still maintain any respect with my crew so I went to the medilab and had them fix me

straight up. With my hair taken care of, I headed back to the bridge. We were somewhere off the West Coast and the ship was slowly descending. Right below us was a couple of nice looking islands. Hmmm, Hawaii I thought to myself. Hmmm, I wonder. I wonder if my old girlfriend still hangs out in that Tikki bar where we first met. Yeah, lets stop off there first Ill show her the big gun I have now. If I couldnt impress her before I certainly will now. Two meters off the ground and speed 1mps. Slowly.. Slowly.. Ease up. Kerplunk! Malfunction, Malfunction.. All systems down. Crap we crashed! Funny, all while this was going on my bridge crew is still speaking in that low inane mumble! My bridge crew just glared at me and still uttering that inane mumble. So, I said, its not my fault the ship designers didnt give this garbage scow landing gears! So I did the only thing a Commander could do in a situation like this I ordered Shore Leave! Every one hit the beaches. I loaded everyone into a shuttle and sent them on their way. Being the commander I must be the last one to leave the ship. But I decided not to take a shuttle and headed out a docking port. I wanted to plant my feet on some solid terra firma. Boy was I in for a surprise. As it Turned out this wasnt terra firma. Just one big bog! No tikki bar, no coconut rum, no island girls, no fun in the sun! Well I had two choices swim or jetpack back to the ship. I chose the jetpack and landed back onto my ship. I visually searched the bog island but my crew was nowhere to be seen. I guess they did the smart thing and headed for the continent but they left me high and dry with my now useless ship. Woe is me an end to a glorious but short career.

Moral of the story: If you want really great hot dogs roast them Planetfall style!

[ 06-16-2003, 04:43 AM: Message edited by: LostInSpace ]

Whoa!!! I may be mad but I'm not insane! Have you ever seen what's inside those Galcom issued ketchup packets. Let me tell you..... They spend so much money on ships and crew they have very little money left over to afford us space cadets the luxury of quality condinments. These packs are two years past date and more liquidy than water and god knows what kinda mutant alien bacteria is evovling in those tiny packs and let's not get me started on the mustard..... So, no thank you I'll take a pass on that ketchup I wouldn't want to waste a perfectly good hot dog on that especially to a planetfall gourmet'....

quote:

Originally posted by MindFever:

bwahahaha

Oh man ... but wait,did u get any catchup with that hotdog? if not,then the story is a FAKE!! *duh*

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

You ever tried to see what speed it requires hitting something to cause damage.Tell yeah soon enough >:^P. other than that ive been the Good Insane RAIDER/PIRATE no other misadventures besides some waisted OTS missiles (I hate getting that colse to the earth...or...um...gammerian planet yeah thats it gamerian planets).

quote:

Originally posted by Emmett.hendrick:

Strangely enough I have done this a few times and never been attacked by said station. Sometimes I have launched a barrage of missiles at a station while cloaked and no retaliation. [/QB]

Well it doesn't work on Neutral Stations. Ive had it happen alot with enemys stations. The Cloaking field is disturbed when a missile is launched and i guess if your in its blind spot or following it in a certain (Sweet) spots it doesnt occur. But save to say I've had a lot of damage come to me because of a slip of the thumb.

• 2 weeks later...

quote:

Originally posted by XOR:

I went to saturn and I landed on it(somehow) then I jumped out of my ship thinking if i could land I could walk around too... Needless to say I was DEAD WRONG

the same exact thing happened to me...

ok heres a pretty funny mistake that i probably will make again

An enemy carrier comes out of cloak and we fight for a while then i decide to hit it with the tractor beam... I do and its stuck behind me so i hyperjump toward the sol system to drop it off at galcom hq and the whole time it doesnt attack back or anything..

I could tell something was goin on inside because I saw its hp increasing and i thought "Hmm... uh oh." When I entered earth space it decided to attack me, destroying my tractor beam... as i watch it fly away the CE begins to read off the list of destroyed systems and soon afterwards I was swimming with the space fish

i guess i take the cake for biggest tale of stupidity. there i was just installed the game and figured, "what do i need to read the manual for, i can figure it out on my own." Needless to say that was a big mistake. My ship the gcv-Aquila launches and i spend 5 min just messing with the controls. i hit "ctrl+e" for some reason, and i notice that nothing happend. so i hit a couple more keys, and the instant i hit y the ship explodes. OOPS, wheres that manual.