hello everyone , I'm new and I would like some tips

Guest BC-fan

well, you could do worse than start by visiting the Academy or the tips, tricks and techniques section of this forum and select view all topics from the last year.

If you say what area of the game you want to expand your knowledge of, we'll be better placed to help you.

Welcome aboard!

------------------

Cmdr. Ben Zwycky

GCV Svoboda, ISS08

Adjutant to the Fleet Commander

ISS Fleet Recruiting Officer

Director, CIOPS Directorate of Training and Administration

Initiate - Order of Jade Dragon

ISS Fleet Homepage

GCV Svoboda Homepage

"Nakonec pravda vitezi" (in the end the truth wins)

Hehe, with than username you can't go wrong wink.gif

Attend the Academy for your theory, test it in the game to grow comfortable with what you learn... and when BCM is released, you will have a SLEW of BC vets willing to teach ya biggrin.gif

------------------

Flt. Cmdr. Londono

GCV Usagi

*Fleet Command

"Hard,Fast, Furious...FIRST!"

ICQ 6955087 EST

=Wraith Fleet=

and if you are interested in learning more about the fleets, go here: http://www.bc3000ad.com/fleets/fleetsfaq.shtml

------------------

Cmdr. Antilles

Spectre Fleet

Spectre Starstation

ICV- Eclipse

Chief Security Officer

Learning is not compulsory... Neither is survival.

Of course, the most important tip is to read the manual 10 times. Put a copy in the bathroom and read it during bio breaks.

Also, learn how to search the forum for previously discussed topics. If you have a question, then dozens before you had it too.

But, after all that, don't be afraid to ask. Everyone here is extremely helpful.

Oh, and don't forget... Have fun!!!

It's a shame that the Academy was never finished. Maybe i should finish it before BCM arrives but by then a lot of things will be changed in bc3k. Well better late then never, right?

I was unplugged (no internet) for a couple of months so i was unable to do anything.

>"Nakonec pravda vitezi" (in the end the >truth wins)

I like this Ben, it gives hope : )

However, i was working on a unix machine and a ran the command 'fortune' which randomly generates 'fortune cookies'. It came up with something like this. I fear this is also true

"you know what the difference is between a lie and a cat? a cat only has nine lives"

Mano Faber

GCV Aegis

[This message has been edited by Mano Faber (edited 04-23-2000).]

[This message has been edited by Mano Faber (edited 04-23-2000).]

I found out why i didn't continue in the first place. It's time consuming and kinda difficult starting again , it has been awhile.

Just yesterday i was completely frustrated because i bought Gunship! it's it was nothing like i expected. I'm more then ever commited

to support the games i like , most definitly

the BC series.

Guess i'll have to take little steps first.

Mano Faber

GCV Aegis

Prime Fleet

Official BC3K Tester

[email protected] www.globalxs.nl/home/m/mfaber73/academy

[This message has been edited by Mano Faber (edited 04-25-2000).]

Yahoo, Mano!

Thanks for reviving your efforts at the Academy!

Just wanted to let you know that your carpel-tunnel fingers & monitor-dilated eyes are very appreciated. Your info & tutorials have really helped me with scaling the Everestean learning curve and appreciating the game!

------------------

Cmdr. Greg 'Hosehead' Highnote

UCV Hosehead

"Be warned, or be Hosed!"

Mano,

Let me add to the admiration being bestowed upon you for your labors of The Academy. They really helped translate the comprehensive manual into an easy to follow recipe, especially for my initial BC3 flights revolving around mining drones, shuttles, and probes.

Thanks for your time you spent on your site, and the help your Academy has provided to us newbie commanders.

Cmdr. Doc Hoover

GCV JOHN PAUL JONES

"I love the smell of vagrant missiles in the morning,...it's the smell of,... victory"

Thanx,

A good manual doesn't always cover strategy and tactics. Guess these have to be developed with trial and error or should i say learn as you go. I myself like to see a summary of best practices a things that you run into as a gamer.

I think with BCM strategy and tactics need to be changed. With the introduction newsunits in the Fog Of War we will truely be able to make strategy and tactics. Interesting units are STO missile, Area Defense Shield, Combat Assault Buggie (CAB or humvee), Early Warning Radar. This is really what i want to document

and an online site is the ideal medium since it's very flexible.

So i will continue to work on this site as often as i can. Maybe in another name if Derek decides to use the name for more offical purposes, but will update it one way or the other.

Mano Faber

GCV Aegis

Prime Fleet

Official BC3K Tester

[email protected] www.globalxs.nl/home/m/mfaber73/academy

[This message has been edited by Mano Faber (edited 04-26-2000).]

Great news Mano!!

As for the name, don't worry, you can hang on to it for now because I don't have any plans for it.

And yes, BCM opens up a whole new ballgame indeed. btw, jamming STO missiles has a 95% failure rate, which means, if you see one coming, its going to hit you. Period. And you can't just duck out of orbit either. I'm not saying anything else, my lips are sealed. Lets just say that if you are foolish enough to allow even one of them to leave the surface, you most likely won't live to talk about it.