Crew problems?

J.Smith

Lately my crew won't do what their ordered too(ex. pilots will not fly an interceptor except IC-3.), and no ones fatigue factor is above 20%. My combat officer will not come on-station either. Any advice on what to do.

------------------

Commander J.Smith

GCV-ROSETTA

*3rd squadron, Marauder Wing

Stationed, Starbase Fenrir

ICQ#67121847 EST

"choose your allies wisely, for they may turn against you."

=WRAITH FLEET=

never had this happen, but you could try court martial and execution. Then clone them.

------------------

Cmdr. Antilles

Spectre Fleet

Spectre Starstation

ICV- Eclipse

Chief Security Officer

Learning is not compulsory... Neither is survival.

Hmmm....I sorta had something like this happen to me. My ship was badly damaged, and I noticed that the bridge crew that were off duty, wouldn't come back to their station when ordered to. In order to fix this I had to go to a station and fully repair the ship.

If your ship is damaged, try this, otherwise I suggest disciplinary actions on your part.

smile.gif

------------------

CMDR GREG MILLER (GMAN)

ORION FLEET

EXECUTIVE OFFICER

TSUNAMI BATTLE GROUP

GCV - SARK

ICQ 64202480

www.orion-hq.fsnet.co.uk

'The righteous care about justice for all,

but the wicked have no such concern.'

[email protected]

Guest aramike01

Never had this happen, but I believe that I read something about a damaged corridor cutting off access to other portions of the ship. Check PerScan and report back on where everyone is.

------------------

Cmdr. Michael Kristophers

Spectre Fleet

Commanding Officer, Spectre StarStation

ICV-Intrepid

Recruitment Officer

"You won't get the Purple Heart hiding in a foxhole!"

Two possible causes are listed below. Note: They are directly quoted from the VCF.

quote:

-The Cloaking System will now cause radiation on the Battlecruiser if used continuously.

-Personnel will no longer automatically return to station unless they are at 100LF and 0FF. Previously, they didn't have to be in perfect health to return to work. By reducing these levels, it is now possible to take people off-duty for extended periods. You can also now put them in the Detention Hold or Medibay even if they are in perfect health, and they won't leave automatically.

Now you have to ask yourself the following questions:

Did you run your cloaking system too long, or did you order these Officers/Crew off station with less than 100% LF and greater than 0% FF?

------------------

Rattler, Insurgent One

Commander-In-Chief,

Insurgency

Official BC3K Tester

[email protected]

ICQ 12894104

"Long Live The Insurgency, Long Live Mother Earth, And Long Live Battlecruiser Developers and Fans!"

I've had some radiated crewmen and they do seem to wander around in a daze. If you order them to the Medibay, they'll get there evenually.

You can check for any radiated decks in logistics.

Also, it seems to me I remember someone mentioning "stuck" crewmen and it was attributed to using playmod incorrectly.

Good Luck! smile.gif

------------------

Cmdr. CorpseGravy

UCV Serenity Seven

How do I court martial my crew man? Because I didn't run the cloaking system too long, and my ship is not damaged.

------------------

Commander J.Smith

GCV-ROSETTA

*3rd squadron, Marauder Wing

Stationed, Starbase Fenrir

ICQ#67121847 EST

"choose your allies wisely, for they may turn against you."

=WRAITH FLEET=

I had this problem using the Playmod, even when I thought I took great labors to use it correctly. I used the various "paymod x" commands only once per playmod enhancement/cheat type, and still had some crew members who refused to follow orders (maybe they don't like cheaters?). When I play without the Playmod program I experience no problem similar to what's being described.

If you're using Playmod, try a new game without it, and see if your crew will listen.

Doc Hoover

I was using court martial figuratively, just get the offending crew down to a planet and run them over with an ATV.

------------------

Cmdr. Antilles

Spectre Fleet

Spectre Starstation

ICV- Eclipse

Chief Security Officer

Well, I don't know about Insurgent regs, but ours don't allow for summary executions. Unless Paul Resnig is involved. wink.gif

------------------

Cmdr. Benjamin Somerset

GCV Swiftsure

*1st Squadron, *SIN Wing

Stationed, *Starstation Wrath

"I wish to have no connection with any ship that does not sail fast, for I intend to go into harm's way." - John Paul Jones

ICQ 32545391, CST

=TDY Wraith Fleet=

Dragon - Order of the Jade Dragon

Prime Fleet Liason Officer

[This message has been edited by Ben Somerset (edited 04-23-2000).]

Hm.. I've had this problem lately too. I'm pretty sure it is a playmod thing because all my other games are fine. Anyway, I fixed it by simply self destructing my ship. Sending all my important crew members to a shuttle first of course. biggrin.gif

Seem to do the trick. Heck, GalCom even gave me a new ship. Gee I wonder what brass is thinking. biggrin.gif

------------------

GCV-Transcendence

Death before Dishonor

I believe we have found the GALCOM regs biggrin.gif You see, we insurgents at least aren't the most extreme with punishments.

------------------

Cmdr. Antilles

Spectre Fleet

Spectre Starstation

ICV- Eclipse

Chief Security Officer

Been down this road many times. Usually happens when I try to use BC as a battering ram or when fighters forget to break off their attack runs on me NC. I managed to get this to work once in a while.

***Warning*** This may not work in all scenarios or situations. Use at own risk biggrin.gif

First clean any radiation leaks.

Second put the entire crew off duty. Send some to quarters and others to the medbay or detention cells.

Third go to nearest SS and get ship repaired. If you are playning ACM then you are toast wink.gif Couldn't find a work-around to this problem in ACM w/o failing the mission(s) and TOD.

TTFN and good luck :P

Hi,

How about this one - none of the pilots will leave the IC bays when put off duty or sent to medibay - LF 100% FF 40% and rising. There are also a couple of marines stuck in the IC bays as well. Also the flight engineers cannot get to the flight deck but can still ready the IC's!

I've not used playmod or had a radiation leak or used the cloak for more than a couple of minutes at a time - looks like time to trash four interceptors and clone the pilots.

Cmdr Andy Di Fontaine

• 3 weeks later...

Ok, here's a question I've never seen answered. Or asked.

How are we supposed to be able to repair that (rear) turboshaft? It's not part of the systems lists in LOGISTICS/CRAFTS/BC. How is it repaired? Which systems is it part of?

------------------

Cmdr. Rico 'V_ger' Jansen

GCV-de Ruyter

Prime fleet

Gamma Wing, 16 Squadron Commander

1st Squadron, (The Guarddogs)

"... to boldly show, where no one has gone before"

It is not a repairable system, as it is not listed in Logistix. It is an internal location.

For one thing, I don't know how DreadA could tell that it was damaged. I thought he meant that they were stuck there due to damage. So, if they are stuck at those locations, and there is no damage anywhere on the ship, then there is something else preventing them.

The fact remains, if you go manually ripping your ship apart in order to circumvent a stats increase, there is always a chance that it can get damaged beyond repair.

Anyway, I'd like more accurate info about what is going on before I can offer any further suggestions. And if I suspect that there is a problem, I will request the saved game profile.

Personally, I've done some investigating here SC. I can find no mention of these locations except when viewing Perscan from the bridge. Don't know how anyone would be able to determine damage to those locations except if he had a bunch of people dying down there and Medics couldn't get to them or something. Sure baffles me. I only had this kind of problem in the past when I made a mistake and Nuked the places with my bad reactor core fouling up the place or by running my cloaking device too long. At any rate, I'm on it. If I can reproduce, I'll save and send!

------------------

Rattler, Insurgent One

Commander-In-Chief,

Insurgency

Official BC3K Tester

[email protected]

ICQ 12894104

"Arise, Old Insurgents,

Long dead but eternal in time and space.

Forgive us NOT for what we do,

We merely take your place!" - Rattler

I ran into this too last time I played FF with playmod cheats 1, and 6. Dunno if playmod is responsible for the stuck pilots, I could not yet reproduce it in a fresh new FF game without those playmod cheats, no matter how much I trash my Battlecruiser.

Oh, I have a quick 'n' dirty modified FF script which provides all the artifacts in one easy-to-hunt-down ship near Galcom HQ (in fact, I just "borrowed" the UCV-Zerovna from TOD1, and "stuffed" it with all artifacts... smile.gif), so if anyone of you guys is interested in this spoiler-FF-script, just drop me a note. It does not modify any saved games, and therefore should be clean...

Nevertheless, I continue trying to reproduce the problem with this configuration - too lazy to play through all TODs. biggrin.gif

Regards.

Thomas (a.k.a. Gudihl)

Official Tester, Battlecruiser Series

Yep been down this road before. It is a fluke I think and not related to Playmod use/disuse. I have sent all crew to bed (so-to-speak) and once they get to there sleeping holes (quarters of Medibay) I dock and repair me battered and bruised BC. Not self-inflicted mind ye. All battle-damage smile.gif

Anyway, several times I noticed one or two straglers would take their bloody sweet time getting to where I sent them (quarters, Medibat, etc.) and appeared to be suck at a certain aft-deck location (various from time to time). TO fix this I sent them in the opposite direction to where these sloth crewers were enroute to.

Example:

Several SE are repairing CB2. I Initailly sent them Off-Duty but they appeared to get stuck enroute to their bunks. So I sent them to Medibay. Whuich they arrive at no problemo. I them release reassign them Off-Duty and they make their way to their bunks. Round about way but it worked for me.

Something else that one may want to consider when the crew members appear to get stuck on a deck. Their destination compartment may be full and room is not available for anymore reasting souls.

Anyway, this is my experience only. Others may have simuliar but different ones.

TTFN

[This message has been edited by Gallion (edited 05-23-2000).]

I too have yet to reproduce this effect in a non playmod game. It's happened to me plenty of times with the playmod cheats, so I'm pretty sure the problem is mainly due to some kind of playmod corruption. But since others seem to have this problem without the use of playmod, this crew getting stuck thing works both ways.

------------------

Cmdr. John Clark

GCV-Transcendence

For Hope, For Peace, For Earth, Forever

There is absolutely nothing wrong with the route finding logic. In fact, it remains unchanged in BCM. Just because some people don't up and run to where you send them, doesn't mean there is something wrong with the route. There are a myriad of issues related to this phenomenon in a non-Playmod environment. Maybe somebody has crates lined up in the corridors. Dunno. All I know is, if there was a bug there, it would have been found between 7/98 and the date of the final v2.09 patch on 1/4. If anyone finds proof of an anomaly, I'll be sure to fix it. Until then, please stop clamoring about it. I can't fix what I can't reproduce. Its that simple.