Installing Artifacts

Guest Tempesta

Guest Tempesta

G'Day. I've just installed the cheats and the

artifacts are on board and the research officer says configering ...... etc.

but i can't upgraded the systems. The shield works, and I can install the reactor, but it only puts out 100units of power. How do I get these things and the other artifacts to work???

IIRC, you have to meet certain prerequisites, f. ex. a certain level of AI is needed for most of the artifacts. Please read the manual, and its appendices.

Regards.

Thomas (a.k.a. Gudihl)

Official Tester, Battlecruiser Series

Guest Tempesta

I've already checked with the manual and the artiftacts doc, and I put the cheat on that gives my personnel an AI of 100. Everybody is on-station and most of the things have power. Is there anything else I need to do? How do I install the artifacts? Should they appear in the 'Upgrade' section? Only the shield and the reactor appear there, and the when installed the reactor only give 100 units of power. Help!

The reactor artifact gives 100 units of power, like any other reactor, but it uses less fuel!

All the other artifacts (except reactor, and shield), are not upgrades, they stand on their own. You should be able to see them somewhere in the cargo section (use Alt-E and do some search) as special items or the like. Also, they get installed automatically by your crew. Sorry, I am at work at the moment, with no access to The Game. I will correct any errors later... wink.gif

And those artifacts do work, try the HSD for example, or decouple the lasers and try the nice beamer. Another test: you stay invisible when firing (now, that is a real meany! biggrin.gif).

Btw., this is the wrong forum, I move this thread to New Commanders!

Regards.

Thomas (a.k.a. Gudihl)

Official Tester, Battlecruiser Series

[This message has been edited by Thomas Siemens (edited 04-28-2000).]

Where did you find a cheat for 100% AI, because I did not know of anything like that exsited for BC.

------------------

Commander J.Smith

GCV-ROSETTA

*3rd squadron, Marauder Wing

Stationed, Starbase Fenrir

ICQ#67121847 EST

"choose your allies wisely, for they may turn against you."

=WRAITH FLEET=

Get the playmod cheats on the downloads page. Read the readme. You can add individual items/upgrades/enhancements or you can use some predefined ones. Cheats 1-6 at the bottom of the readme.

Also search the GBS forum for more tips on using playmod.

------------------

Commander Chavik

Spectre Fleet

ICV Phoenix

Official BC3K Tester

"We Shall Arise From The Ashes"

Guest Tempesta

Thank's blokes! I've pretty much got most of them working, but what about the Orb and the JAC? Is there somehting special I have to do? All of my personnal are getting hurt in battle and fataigue.

Send your crew to the medibay to use the orb. The JAC operates with your crew to speed up repairs. wink.gif

------------------

Commander J.Smith

GCV-ROSETTA

*3rd squadron, Marauder Wing

Stationed, Starbase Fenrir

ICQ#67121847 EST

"choose your allies wisely, for they may turn against you."

=WRAITH FLEET=