Please help! Where I must search for arifacts?

Hello! I'm from Russia. I'd like this game!

But... I read all manual, but still don't understand - WHERE search for artifacts? in starstation? on surface? Who can monitoring for life forms on surface - like wrote in manual? how detect and dock with planetary bases? I've complete 2 TODs, and GalCom not send me another orders - why?... oops! too many Qwestions? .. BUT I like this game!

P.S. I have v.101d7c - free , and v1.00 on CD-ROM, which not patched! (after update program write something like this:"can't find file ..." I'll try to update 1.00 to 1.07. What's wrong?

May be I'd look like stupid guy... But please help me somebody! (sorry for my bad english!)

------------------

Hi Alexsey!

I'm sorry to say that version 1.XX is no longer supported. The current version is 2.09. Go to your local computer store and pick up a copy of version 2.XX. If you can't find it, there were some web-stores where you could buy it online. Perhaps some of my fellow commanders could provide more details on online purchasing.

In the top right corner of these forum pages is the search function. It's under the Post Reply link. The search function is a great way to find answers to questions.

Best of luck and keep us informed of your progress!

------------------

Cmdr. CorpseGravy

UCV Serenity Seven

Don't forget guys! You can also order a patch from v1.0x to v2.08 via the Galcom Store. (See the links on the left as you view Galcom News Network) It's $15, and you get it delivered on a CD-ROM. That would perhaps be an option for you. It would require a little bit more work to get the game working correctly but it sure is something.

I hope that helps.

------------------

Cmdr. Rico 'V_ger' Jansen

GCV-de Ruyter

Prime fleet

Gamma Wing, 16 Squadron Commander

1st Squadron, (The Guarddogs)

"... to boldly show, where no one has gone before"

[This message has been edited by Rico Jansen (edited 05-11-2000).]

Hey Pal, If you want V2.08 i can pick a copy for you an d send it to Russia by male if you want it.Thos is my E-Mail. Send me your adress the OK: [email protected] : by the way im from PORTUGAL, so its not so far from Russia, and the postage its not to expensive.Hope to make things better for you.

Rico, thanx! i know about it smile.gif. But in Russia not all people have a credit card for on-line "shopping". And 15$ for a "middle" russian (as I am) is a big money! frown.gif

That is why I'll keep that game version - it's all what I can have, sorry - but it's true! But it's only My "pain"...

[This message has been edited by Aleksey Kichigin (edited 05-12-2000).]

I would help you out, but I'm too far away.

------------------

Commander J.Smith

GCV-ROSETTA

*3rd squadron, Marauder Wing

Stationed, Starbase Fenrir

ICQ#67121847 EST

"choose your allies wisely, for they may turn against you."

=WRAITH FLEET=

Someone get a hold of Den Dee... he's from Russia too!

I got your e-mail buddy, I no longer have the v1.07 upgrades in my system... why don't you download the v2.09 DEMO that's in this website? Its way better than v1.0 and it shows you WAY more features..and perhaps can keep you hanging in there until BCM comes out smile.gif