Questions about mining, cargo, fatigue

Hi,

I have a few questions that some of you may be able to answer for me. I am running BC2.09 and have run into the following problems.

1) When I engage autopilot the ship will really boogie, 30,000 clicks or so, but when I use the number keys (1-9) I only get to go at a rate of speed that would match a turtle on a cool day, 3,000 clicks or so. Any suggestions?

2) I am enjoying mining and making the big bucks, however I get the drones back to the cargo bay and unload them, until Bay 1 fills up, but Bay 2 is still mostly empty, yet I cannot keep unloading the drones. To unload I go thru Tactical->Loadout->Shuttles->Drones.

3) Is there any way once I have docked to unload the drones that were still full on the ship? Without having to launch, unload the drones until the bay is full, then redocking to sell the minerals?

4) Lastly I have found, as some others have posted, that the fatigue factor is a problem. I have tried sending all to the Medbay and then damaging the ship by hitting the Galcomm station then putting in for a few hours to help repair and get rid of the fatigue. The clock stays the same even though the quoted repair/replace time may be several hours. I think time stands still just for my crew.

1) Been covered numerous times before, check out that lil' "Search" function smile.gif

2) I'm not 100% sure, but it _may_ be because certain cargo is meant for certain cargo bays. So you can unload everything you want into Cargo Bay 1, but Cargo Bay 2 isn't equipped to handle the stuff you're trying to unload into it. I might have just been having too much Pepsi again though, so someone correct me if I'm wrong.

3) I'd assume you mean docked with the Starstation? Nope, gotta do it the manual way smile.gif

4) What's happening is that your crew will rest for the duration that's needed while repairing, then go back to work. All this happens whilst your ship is being fixed at Galcom. Been covered in another thread or two, check around.

Hope this helps! And someone correct me if I'm whacked upside the head...

------------------

Cmdr. Parias

Spectre Fleet

Chief Engineer, Starstation Destiny

ICV-Galatae

Staff member at HardNews

"I took this job because I just really love to blow sh*t up!"

You're right on target with the drones and cargo bays Parias.

If you send everyone to Medbay prior to docking, make sure and leave the Doc on duty though. If she's not working, there's no one there to take care of those guys in Medbay.

I could be wrong as well. Somebody correct us if so. Please?

------------------

Rattler, Insurgent One

Commander-In-Chief,

Insurgency

Official BC3K Tester

[email protected]

ICQ 12894104

"Life consists not in holding good cards but in playing those you hold well! - Josh Billings

1) They're four places to stash normal (not fuel) minerals:

- Cargo Bay 1; when full then nothing else will fit.

- any of the shuttlecraft; up to 2000 units worth (one unit of mineral = 5 cargo units)

- any of the ATVs; up to 500 cargo units.

- Transporter; up to 1500 units of storage space

What can be stashed in each cargo bay cannot be altered. The items are set in stone.

2) Hang on for the ride biggrin.gif

3) Yes - as stated in the Manual. Unload each Drone, then dock and sell the goods. Repeat as necessary.

4) This varies from person to person. I too have experience the pain ye just described but managed to figure out how it works when docked.

- First; don't allow ye BC to get into such dire straights :P

- Second; put 1/2 crew in medbay, send the others off duty. Insure that all have reached their destinations aboard ye BC (check via PERSCAN) before docking and doing repairs to ye BC.

- Time will stand still until ye departs from the space station. Check ye mission time after launching from said facility. You will find that the time it took to reapir ye BC has advance in the old mission clock on ye bridge.

TTFN and happy hunting biggrin.gif

Edit note - Thanks Rattler, I forgot about the Transporter biggrin.gif

[This message has been edited by Gallion (edited 05-14-2000).]

Wait, we missed one place to stash stuff! You may also stash things in the Transporter. That's where I always stash my excess missles. That way they don't count against my inventory and I won't accidently load and shoot those high priced missles at non-deserving targets! wink.gif

------------------

Rattler, Insurgent One

Commander-In-Chief,

Insurgency

Official BC3K Tester

[email protected]

ICQ 12894104

"Life consists not in holding good cards but in playing those you hold well! - Josh Billings

Gee, Thanks Rattler!

You've givin me yet another storage option, that upto this point, I totally ignored.

smile.gif

------------------

CMDR GREG MILLER (GMAN)

ORION FLEET

EXECUTIVE OFFICER

TSUNAMI BATTLE GROUP

GCV - SARK

ICQ 64202480

www.orion-hq.fsnet.co.uk

'The righteous care about justice for all,

but the wicked have no such concern.'

[email protected]

Thanks all of you for answering those questions. At least now I know that I am not missing anything relative to the storage issues, great idea about transporter, I never would of thought of that one. smile.gif

Well, don't forget that you have stuff in the transporter. It is a bi-directional system. When it is activated from TacOPS, anything in it, gets transported. So, if you have a stash in there and you forget. Then you do and deploy some marines to a planet using the transporter, you may end up with a cargo pod on the surface, containing your stash. Then again, you could just vaporize everything and a cargo pod won't get created.

Yup, "Uncle Rattler" forgot about his stash ONCE! That's all it took for him to tie string on finger every time he puts stuff there now! wink.gif

------------------

Rattler, Insurgent One

Commander-In-Chief,

Insurgency

Official BC3K Tester

[email protected]

ICQ 12894104

The best way I've found is to not wait until the drones are completely full.

1)Land a shuttle on the surface

2)Extract a drone

3)Unload cargo from the drone to the shuttle

4)Re-deploy the drone

5)Repeat 2-4 until the shuttle's full

6)Go sell the cargo you don't want

7)Dock with the BC and unload the good stuff!

Best of luck! biggrin.gif

------------------

Cmdr. CorpseGravy

UCV Serenity Seven