The taking of Zerin

Guest Spaceghost

Guest Spaceghost

Can anybody take me by the hand and take me step by step through this TOD.Fleet C&C is a bit over my head so early in the scenario.

Guest New Shadow

Heck, I would be happy knowing what, exactly, is required to succeed. I have been over and over the scenerio. I must be missing something, because the mission always fails. Would someone please point out that item?

This can be done without Fleet CC.

You know all that dead time left over from preious mission and the dead time between end of preious mission and beginning of this one?

Use the time to capture Zerin SS. Since Zerin is not a hostile target, PTA system will not fire on the SS. So this means firing a slewful of missiles and mega squeezes on the trigger firing the IOD. Be careful once SS armor level reaches 250. Change IOD strength to 10% and fire one-shot at a time. Do not fire next shot until after preious shot strikes Zerin SS.

Once Zerin SS goes grey and begins the emitting SOS beacon, capture the Station by docking with it. With any luck SS will be captured before mission begins.

Then let the mission clock run. At end of mission you should get "successful" completion message and appropiate EPs.

TTFN

quote:

Heck, I would be happy knowing what, exactly, is required to succeed. I have been over and over the scenerio. I must be missing something, because the mission always fails. Would someone please point out that item?

Hint: Derek posted the entire scripts for all ACM missions in the download section! Click here to get them!

Peek into them, and you get all the information you ever wanted. But beware of spoilers... wink.gif

Regards.

------------------

Fleet Cmdr. Joe Gudihl

GCV-Dark Star

Prime Fleet

Dragon - Order of Jade Dragon

"Remember, we are trained professionals... Don't try this at home!"

Official Tester, Battlecruiser Series

The requirements for success are plain,"Zerin station must be captured." The scenerio description says to help the GCV Vagabond capture it, but it really doesn't matter who does it. In fact, I have never been able to get the Vagabond to capture Zerin. I went so far as to order all of the other friendly vessels to another region, put the Vagabond in tow with a shuttle, and beat Zerin into submission(sos) myself. the Vagabond just went and destroyed the station.

"If you want something done right, do it yourself", is what works best for me.

Remember, above the scenerio description is the 'Mission Success' description. This is the REQUIRED element.

------------------

Cmdr. CorpseGravy

UCV Serenity Seven