My Poor Assault

Guest Capt. Rage

Guest Capt. Rage

I had Battle cruiser for a short while,(1 month). I had attampted to destroy a Star Base and this is my battle story that failed miserably. But i enjoyed executing my plan an I learned a lot about playing the game.

1. I stocked up on Lots of weapons and Crab Mines.

2. I Launched my BC into the hostile region and I Jumped to a debris field and released all my Interceptors with orders to halt.

3. I let the Star Base launch its defender to attack me, I destroyed half of the defenders with my Interceptors and my PTA.

4. The other half of the defenders went back to the Star Base because the armor and shields of the defenders were exteremely low.

5. I told all my forces to halt beside the debri field and stay there while i controlled one interceptor and went after the damaged defenders. I risked coming very close to the Star Base, but i managed to destroy the damaged defenders by launching one rocket at each.

6. Things were looking up, I destroyed all of the Star bases defenders.

Now all i had to do was to have a close run with the star base using my cruiser while deploying ALL my mines and launching all the rockets at the Star Base. In the mean time my Interceptors were all halted far off by the debris field.

7. When i began my jump towards the Star Base, half way there my reactor SHUT DOWN!!!! EVERYTHING went off line!! PLUS at the same time 2 enemy cruisers jumped into the system and attacked my defensless cruiser. All that my cruser did was float in space while being bombarded my the enemy cruisers. I died VERY quickly, because the interceptos came too late when i called on them. My shield we off line too.

Does anyone have any good tips to share!?

And please feel free to share your Battle stories too.

------------------

Plan, Prepare, launch and execute. Never flee from Battle. Be honorable, not Noble.

Welcome aboard. There are plenty of tips floating around here, so do a search. It would be easier than trying to explain 1/2 of them. As to my tips, well use that cloak to help with the starstations. It works quite well at keeping enemy targeting systems off your back. But you have to remember that when you shoot or launch ships you decloak for a short time. so be careful. Hope this helps some. smile.gif

------------------

Cmdr. Antilles

Spectre Fleet

Spectre Starstation

ICV- Eclipse

Chief Security Officer

Learning is not compulsory... Neither is survival.

Sounds like someone ran out of gas... heh smile.gif

------------------

Cmdr. Parias

Spectre Fleet

Chief Engineer, Starstation Destiny

ICV-Galatae

Staff member at HardNews

"Next time you're passing by and feel like dropping in, keep passing by untill you get to a river, and THEN drop in." -Jake Logan

Sounds like you hit ctrl+r, which sutdown your reactor. Use it a gain to restart your reactor, then use ctrl+e to restart your engines.

------------------

Commander J.Smith

GCV-ROSETTA

*3rd squadron, Marauder Wing

Stationed, Starbase Fenrir

ICQ#67121847 EST

"choose your allies wisely, for they may turn against you."

=WRAITH FLEET=

Guest Capt. Rage

Well, i know how to start up and shut down my reactors, its just that i ran out of fuel, i tried to restart the engines, but...

I also have 1 question.

If My interceptor is destroyed, can I replace it with ANY other craft!?

1 more question:

Can I controll any mechs? can i control them like my marines?

*check out my site... i sell professional websides. Go to my profile and check out my site.

------------------

Plan, Prepare, launch and execute. Never flee from Battle. Be honorable, not Noble.

Captain: Gentlemen.. load up on all the missles you can pack away. We're going hunting.

Marine: But boss.. I was looking at the fuel and we need....

Captain: You dribbling fool... just do what you are told. We need the room for missles, boys... just get the missles.

Actually I just park way off from the base and let them come to me. I always back my ship up keeping my prey in front sites by using the after burner and reverse thrust to keep them about 1.5 to 3 clicks away. I pick them off like neighbors cats smoking everything around. Toggle EMS on and off to deal with incoming missles. Once the heat finally cools and the base is shot its wad on me, they stop coming. When all is quiet, I make kamakazi runs on the base (underside - and no missles, ok, maybe one once in a while for fun) until they throw out the white flag (watch the hull level). I shut down weapons, dock and smack the whimpering fools left over into sillypuddy. So far it's worked every time. The only time things go wacky is when someone else shows up for the party at the wrong time. If need be... I play chicken and run.

Guest Capt. Rage

Very well said.

I will take your advice into great consideration.

------------------

Guest aramike01

quote:

If My interceptor is destroyed, can I replace it with ANY other craft!?

1 more question: Can I controll any mechs? can i control them like my marines?

I'm a feeling simple. The answer to each is, no. You can replace an intercepter with an interceptor, just nothing else.

As for mechs, well, nothing to add to the "no" there... smile.gif

------------------

Cmdr. Michael Kristophers

Spectre Fleet

Commanding Officer, Spectre StarStation

ICV-Intrepid

Recruitment Officer

"You won't get the Purple Heart hiding in a foxhole!"

Errrr......Me thinks you can order the Mechs (depending upon which ones you are talking about) to go on/off duty, you can fly shuttles with them, man ATV's, Transport them to surface, and a couple of things I'm sure that I missed. You better not try to transport them to the surface to take out that SAL though. They DON'T go armed! smile.gif

------------------

Rattler, Insurgent One

Commander-In-Chief,

Insurgency

Official Tester

Battlecruiser Series

[email protected]

ICQ 12894104

"Arise, Old Insurgents,

Long dead but eternal in time and space.

Forgive us NOT for what we do,

We merely take your place!" - Rattler

• 3 weeks later...

here is my unorthodox strategy for starbases. I basically do what you did. Except I don't pussy around. I go right at it. No debris fields no nothing. All IC's fully armed and launched. I make double sure to keep them away from the base and draw their fighters away so I can clean up quick with my PTA. In between I stop to fire at those pesky shuttles which come to pick up disabled fighters right before I can kill em. Who the hell gave the order to stop firing on those disabled fighters anyway???? certainly not me. I'll have to talk with my TAC officer. smile.gif Anyway the pesky shuttles usually get away.

WHen all the defenders are dead I land my Ic's and go in real close to the starstation and just let him have it.

Note: do not EVEN ATTEMPT to take on a starstation with the default shields you start with. I had the strongest shields. Not only are they strong but they recharge really helluva fast. Fast fast. While I'm in close with my bc with these strong shields, if I float too much into the stations guns my shields start going down fast and would be eventually penetrated.

------------------

Commander Cruis.In

Spectre Fleet

CEO, Sygan Star Station

ICV Defiance

"Dare to be defiant"

• 1 year later...
Guest KeroChan425

Well my way in attack a starstation usually work. Sit about 100 clicks away from the starstation and just swat the pesty flies (fighters) down and squish em till they are really damage and they go running home to mommy. (reason is you might want to leave the starstation some fighters for future use after you capture the station). Then just take out anything and everything they sent out to you like starcruiser or what ever. After you destroy them all...just gun your AB and get your PTA to 100 and IOD to 20 or 30% and just do quick flybys while you fire at them. Don't let go of the AB key and you should be fine. Just remember to take a turn or a twist once in a while. (sorta picked it up while learning how to fly thought triple-A fields in combat flight sims)