My Crew Members are Idiots!

Guest New Shadow

Guest New Shadow

The smartest idiot I have on staff has an AI of 30. I have scanned the databases here, searched through the manual and readmes, and I can't seem to find a clear method for educating these people. The manual indicates they will visit the Library, which I have seen them do once in a great while (like once or twice through the entire game, and I'm on TOD3 now thanks to some assistance). It is not for lack of opportunity, since I rotate shifts throughout all the staff, including officers. I don't like tired personnel on my bridge, so when they get to about 10 or 20 on fatigue, I send them packing.

Could someone educate me on how to educate them? Have I missed something in the manual or elsewhere?

Much appreciated.

I haven't figured that our either Commander. I just rely on the natural order of things and let them get smarter at their own speed. Sorry I couldn't be more help but I don't use cheats and don't know the answer. frown.gif

------------------

Rattler, Insurgent One

Commander-In-Chief,

Insurgency

Official Tester

Battlecruiser Series

[email protected]

ICQ 12894104

"Arise, Old Insurgents,

Long dead but eternal in time and space.

Forgive us NOT for what we do,

We merely take your place!" - Rattler

quote:

Could someone educate me on how to educate them?

Their intelligence raise over time when they are not off-duty. You can even raise your guests intelligence. All you have to do is play, and keep your guests (for ex. Karl Reines) on-station.

------------------

Fleet Cmdr. Joe Gudihl

GCV-Dark Star

Prime Fleet

Dragon - Order of Jade Dragon

"Remember, we are trained professionals... Don't try this at home!"

Official Tester, Battlecruiser Series

Guest ROoCOoCOo

I usually let them do whatever they want to do. Their A.I. gets higher when you are in combet I believe.

I also noticed that a marine which gets some bruces (lesser life-factor), gets more A.I. over time than others who were not on the mission....

Maybe something to think about???

I believe the best thing is to let them work until they have a fatigue-factor of about 45%, then let them rest...

I usually leave the marines on duty until that are taken off duty by my combat officer. Except for the IC pilots who usually say on until about 80% since I can't rotate them.

------------------

Cmdr. Antilles

Spectre Fleet

Spectre Starstation

ICV- Eclipse

Chief Security Officer

Learning is not compulsory... Neither is survival.

Yer' Right! I wouldn't personally recommend that course of action but hey! To each his own. At least you didn't use any Playmods or cheats. I hate Cheaters! wink.gif

------------------

Rattler, Insurgent One

Commander-In-Chief,

Insurgency

Official Tester

Battlecruiser Series

[email protected]

ICQ 12894104

"Arise, Old Insurgents,

Long dead but eternal in time and space.

Forgive us NOT for what we do,

We merely take your place!" - Rattler