Pay For Multiplayer!?! Pls NO.

Guest Capt. Rage

Guest Capt. Rage

I am starting to panic! For BC Millenium, do I have to pay for multiplayer like Everquest? Or Asherons Call? If I do there is no way I cant get BCM since my parents always refuse to pay over the net. Especially if I already PAYED for the game in the store!

To my knowlede BCM Multiplayer is free. What you are refering to is the upcomming GCO that will be play to play.

------------------

Cmdr. Antilles

Spectre Fleet

Spectre Starstation

ICV- Eclipse

Chief Security Officer

Learning is not compulsory... Neither is survival.

Yep, that's right Eclipse.

Multiplayer in BCM (and BC3020 for that matter) are free, it's only Galcom online that is pay for play, once per month charge to use as often as you like.

If any of that has changed, then please correct me, SC.

------------------

Cmdr. Ben Zwycky

GCV Svoboda, ISS08

Adjutant to the Fleet Commander

ISS Fleet Recruiting Officer

Director, CIOPS Directorate of Training and Administration

Initiate - Order of Jade Dragon

ISS Fleet Homepage

GCV Svoboda Homepage

"Nakonec pravda vitezi" (in the end the truth wins)

Guest Capt. Rage

So... Multiplayer is Torally FREE In BCM and BC 3020? Even the BCM servers are free to play in!?

Then what is GCO?!??!?! Explain please what GCO is.

------------------

Plan, Prepare, launch and execute. Never flee from Battle. Be honorable, not Noble.

Guest aramike01

Galcom Online is, well the most awesome damn thing ever. Thousands of gamers (IIRC) in one persistant universe fighting the wars of the future...I'm sweating already. I'll be paying for play, that's for sure.

Guest Capt. Rage

I DONT GET IT!@!!!!

AAARRGGHHHH!!!!!

So in BCM multiplayer is free but I HAVE TO HOST THE GAMES!!! BUT I HAVE TO PAY TO PLAY ON BCM SERVERS!!?!??!?! OR WHAT TH #$@$?!?!??!? SO I HAVE TO GET GALCOM ONLINE TO PLAY IN A DYNAMIC UNIVERSE BUT IF I WILL HAVE BCM I CAN PLAY WITH ONLY 16 PPL!?!?!?!????!??!?!

------------------

Plan, Prepare, launch and execute. Never flee from Battle. Be honorable, not Noble.

About ONE more post in all CAPS and you sure are going to get it, ready or not. frown.gif

There will be servers out there to play online in BCM if I remember correctly. There will be servers out there to play 3020 on as well. Games will be limited to 16 players per game in both unless the SC has changed his mind. GCO is an entirely different animal! There will be a dynamic universe capable of playing in with huge window for gamers to all play in. GCO is different from BCM and BC3020. With GCO, you will pay to play. With that said, I believe I read that you won't buy GCO, it will be an online game that is downloaded to get in the door. Patches, updates, etc will be automatically downloaded each time you log in, as long as you are a currently paid up member.

That about cover it SC? Just slap me with that Carp if I got it wrong. Heh, I'm getting used to it! wink.gif

------------------

Rattler, Insurgent One

Commander-In-Chief,

Insurgency

Official Tester

Battlecruiser Series

[email protected]

ICQ 12894104

"Arise, Old Insurgents,

Long dead but eternal in time and space.

Forgive us NOT for what we do,

We merely take your place!" - Rattler

Hehe, people still don't understand the consequences of overusing the CAPS. A quick note Rattler, 3020 is online only correct? If I remember correctly, BCM is the last single player experience we'll ever see until 3020 and GCO which are exclusively online. Just a bit of catching up on old times.

------------------

"Live forever apes!."

Cmdr. Kron

Spectre Fleet

ICV Vanguard

OK, One-More-Time!

BCM=single player or MP with up to 16 players.

BC3020=single player or MP

BCO=Multi-Player (huge gathering) and single player training module.

Straight from the Product info pages on the Site. wink.gif

------------------

Rattler, Insurgent One

Commander-In-Chief,

Insurgency

Official Tester

Battlecruiser Series

[email protected]

ICQ 12894104

"Arise, Old Insurgents,

Long dead but eternal in time and space.

Forgive us NOT for what we do,

We merely take your place!" - Rattler

Thanks Rattler.

Frankly, I don't know what is so difficult to understand. Especially since they are clearly written on the products page.

Oh well; at least you bothered to type all that up again. I read the first post and moved on.

btw, think of GCO as UO, EQ or AC. You buy the product, install it and get online. There is no single-player training mode. If you've played BCM, then its an unnecessary addition. For newbies, they'll have to train online, in a secure galaxy, controlled by NPC and human, Police castes (no PvP).

Rage, one more all CAPS post from you, and you're outta here. You've been warned.

[This message has been edited by Supreme Cmdr (edited 06-15-2000).]