Surface Ops

Guest Capt. Rage

Guest Capt. Rage

I have been playing around a lot on Earth

and so I decided to Lead a well lead surface ops. It was succesfull, well...I got the job done... I lost 3/4 of my atv's 2 Shuttles, 3 Interceptors, 20 marines and I destroyed 90% of my Battle Cruiser. But in the end when the dust settled , and the deformed exo-skeletons of all the destroyed war machines lay smoking, brittled and beaten... but in the center of the city, 3 marines stood in the ashes in front of my ragged, torn, beaten but still standing battle cruiser behind them, with smoke coming from its PTA guns.

Now what? How can I get friendly settlers into the region?! Or atleast how can i keep the enemy from rebuilding its city?

------------------

Plan, Prepare, launch and execute. Never flee from Battle. Be honorable, not Noble.

I don't think that you can. SC correct me if I'm wrong.

------------------

Commander J.Smith

GCV-ROSETTA

*3rd squadron, Marauder Wing

Stationed, Starbase Fenrir

ICQ#67121847 EST

"choose your allies wisely, for they may turn against you."

=WRAITH FLEET=

Guest aramike01

J. Smith, you're correct. The only way would be to download the GBS and alter the build times. In fact, I believe I've posted something on this topic a couple days ago.

------------------

Cmdr. Michael Kristophers

Spectre Fleet

Commanding Officer, Spectre StarStation

ICV-Intrepid

Recruitment Officer

"You won't get the Purple Heart hiding in a foxhole!"

Not sure bout this, but you could "colonize" the area by tractoring friendly units to the area. of vcoruse it would probably only sat until the area got repaired.

------------------

Cmdr. Antilles

Spectre Fleet

Spectre Starstation

ICV- Eclipse

Chief Security Officer

Learning is not compulsory... Neither is survival.

This topic caught my eye I could possibly use a little help in this area from the veterans in here. Ground operations. - the scenario: Pack my crap and head for planet. Get there and blow up entire place (base I'm talking). Dogs, cats and everything. I take some damage and it cost me some money. Head back to some place to "rest up / fix up". Rest up takes Oh 5 hours or what ever. Return back to same exact place I blew up only X hours ago and it's all rebuilt. I have read the posts that say 3 or 4 hours (or something like that) are needed to rebuild these bases so I understand that is what it is. But I feel like a red ant trying to get out of a sand pit. I run and run but never get over the crest. I could repeat the same scenario over and over - same spot. How do you experience guys/gals keep up with this? Why do I do this or why do I want to do this? And what is the other 70 billion places for?? Simple math shows me I don't have to leave earth. I know of using GBS to modify the game, but so far I have used no cheats / modification. I'm one of those dude who likes to use up a game the way the creator designed it until I'm completely spent on the game. Then I use the mods to add a new twist later. Any suggestions or am I doing something totally wrong here? Maybe I'm just missing the point.??

Awhile back there was something like this, but the end result was the rebuild times for everything was increased.

------------------

Cmdr. Antilles

Spectre Fleet

Spectre Starstation

ICV- Eclipse

Chief Security Officer

Learning is not compulsory... Neither is survival.

Chizel: Why risk damage to your ship and crew?

Nukes: Quick, cheap and efficient. Accept no substitutes. Send them marines down after the cats stop glowing for a photo shoot, then go home and brag biggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

[This message has been edited by Tac (edited 06-20-2000).]