Question about playing as an Insurgent

Guest LeeTheAgent

Guest LeeTheAgent

I think something's wrong. I finally managed to find the game in the bargain bin of a store, it's v2.07. I downloaded the 207-208 patch, the 208-209 patch, and the map pack, and installed them in that order, running each of them in the BC directory. Anyway, here's the thing... I've read in the forum that it is possible to play as the Insurgents, but I can't seem to find any option that let's me. I read in a post that after you start a new game you get the option to select from several castes, but when I start a new game, it just prompts me to enter my name, the ship, and then takes me to the menu to select either the ACM or Free Flight. Once I select one of them (I've tried both), it shows a message describing the mode, and prompts me to accept or decline. When I accept, it takes me straight to the game. Nowhere during this process do I see an option to play as the Insurgents. Am I doing something wrong, or have I misunderstood what's going on? Is the option available only in the ACM campaign, like a scripted choice to defect available after a certain number of missions or something? I thought that maybe it was available as an ACM campaign, but there is only the 1 ACM campaign available to play. Someone also mentioned something about a mission pack, but I don't see anything called that on the downloads page. And I would've searched the forum for this, but the only search word I could think of is "Insurgents," and I'm pretty sure that would've returned an extremely long list. Could somebody help me out here? Thanks.

well, please tell me where you found a box with version 2.07. I thought that there was only 2.0 and 2.08 floating around. But was to your question, you have to download a mission pack from the mission control section at www.3000ad.com follow the instructions and it should let you play as an insurgent. BTW welcome aboard biggrin.gif.

------------------

Cmdr. Antilles

Spectre Fleet

Spectre Starstation

ICV- Eclipse

Chief Security Officer

Learning is not compulsory... Neither is survival.

I just emailed you the necessary files to play as an Insurgent. If you have any questions, feel free to contact me. smile.gif

------------------

Cmdr. Andergum

Spectre Fleet

Pre. comm. Cmdr. New America StarStation

ICV Gummy 1

Official tester of BC3K the series...

Long live the Insurgency!

ICQ # 215323

Yep, If Gum sent you the zipped files, just unzip them into your scripts folder inside your BC3000 Directory on your hard drive. It'll surely give you that option then! cool.gif

------------------

Rattler, Insurgent One

Commander-In-Chief,

Insurgency

Official Tester,Battlecruiser Series

[email protected]

ICQ 12894104

"Still Kickin' after all these years!"

Guest LeeTheAgent

Wow, I wasn't expecting any answers at all so soon. I found v2.07 in a bargain bin at a computer store in Texas, don't remember the name, after looking for this game for quite some time. I'd like to thank all of you for your help, I never would have thought to look at the mission control page... perhaps there should be link to it in the downloads page, saying something to the effect that mission packs could be found there. Anyway, thanks for all your help, I've really been wanting to play as the Insurgents!

quote:

Maybe you'd wish to join the fleet then?

That's good, Hasanau...you just got the job as Recruitment Officer and you're jumping right on it! smile.gif

------------------

Cmdr ShoHashi

Spectre Fleet

Commanding Officer, PreComm Crew, StarStation New Frontier

ICV Aries

ICQ 484321

[email protected]

"Attack With Effectiveness"

Guest LeeTheAgent

I've been thinking about joining a fleet, but right now, I'm still getting my feet wet and trying to learn how to play the game effectively. So once I get enough experience to feel comfortable with the game, I'll join a fleet then. Also, I'm not qiute sure which faction I prefer. I must say that the game seems to be easier for Galcom members, more places to dock, free repairs, etc. But Galcom also seems kinda boring. And it's always more fun fun to play as the guys who are generally considered as the "bad guys"...

There may be hope for you yet, Commander. Keep practicing if you must. When the time comes, You'll KNOW who to join. It's always been the way of the Insurgent to allow members to exercise FREE Thought and WILL. We Never Draft Members, Volunteers ONLY! wink.gif

------------------

Rattler, Insurgent One

Commander-In-Chief,

Insurgency

Official Tester,Battlecruiser Series

[email protected]

ICQ 12894104

"Still Kickin' after all these years!"