Insurgent HQ, Trade Routes?

Guest LeeTheAgent

Guest LeeTheAgent

Well, now that I can play as an Insurgent, I have a few questions. First, where's the Insurgent HQ, and does it repair the ship for free like GalcomHQ does for its members? And second, what are good trade routes, seeing as how the starstations I had been trading at most likely won't be to eager to let me trade at them anymore. I had been using the GalcomHQ to Polaris-1 route. Can anyone suggest some good routes to me?

One last thing... I'm having a very very hard time keeping up my radine levels... it seems that most of the money I make from trade routes goes into stocking back up on radine. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to conserve radine? Thanks.

look it up in the appendices next time, but since you are new around here. Trenis, Antis is spectre's location. No you don't get free repairs. as for trade routes, look through the trade DB and see what you can do and look into mining. as for radine, try to get a better engine and reactor. Be creative on ways to get money, take some time and explore with your shuttles, look for stuff to collect and sell. Hope this helps some.

------------------

Cmdr. Antilles

Spectre Fleet

Spectre Starstation

ICV- Eclipse

Chief Security Officer

Learning is not compulsory... Neither is survival.

Guest LeeTheAgent

Well I did look it up, but I guess since the Insurgents don't have an HQ per se, I wouldn't have found it, and the appendices aren't exactly geared toward Insurgent players. The only real mention that I could find about where an Insurgent HQ was located was in the Galactic Cartography Maps, where it says that Barnard's Star is the main strike base for the Terran faction. Also, the appendices didn't help much in the way of finding starstations to set up trade routes with. I assumed that when a station is listed as neutral they wouldn't be hostile to Insurgents, so I flew to Pixan, listed as neutral, and found them attacking me. Is it to be understood that Insurgents can only dock with stations listed as being part of the Insurgent caste? If so, playing as an Insurgent sounds like it'll be difficult, especially without the free repairs. Hopefully, that'll be allowed in BCM. Thanks for the other info though, it'll help me out.

If you can manage to capture Galcom it will become an Insurgent station and repairs are free again. biggrin.gif (only at Galcom though) You can also do some mining in a friendly region and sell the ore to make more money than you will know what to do with. I recommend upgrading your engines first to save fuel and shields second to keep yourself alive Also check the tips section for other usefull stuff!

------------------

Cmdr. Andergum

Spectre Fleet

Pre. comm. Cmdr. New America StarStation

ICV Gummy 1

Official tester of BC3K the series...

Long live the Insurgency!

ICQ # 215323

Guest LeeTheAgent

Well, that's good news at least. Unfortunetly, that means that once you do get free repairs, you're probably pretty strong and have lots of money, meaning free repairs aren't as useful as they would have been earlier in the game. Not that it isn't still useful. I was planning on upgrading my engines first... Battlecruisers sure are gas-guzzlers. I'm still unsure about one thing though... are Insurgent stations the only ones you can dock with? They have no other allies whatsoever? That seems pretty harsh.

You may dock with any station that says it's a Trader, and maybe even Scientist Stations as well. I haven't tried docking with those in quite a while. I generally just knock over a Galcom or Raider Stationa and take control of it. cool.gif

------------------

Rattler, Insurgent One

Commander-In-Chief,

Insurgency

Official Tester,Battlecruiser Series

[email protected]

ICQ 12894104

"Still Kickin' after all these years!"