Collision

Collision is one of those moments where your ship can be destroyed easily than enemy fire itself. I know the collision factor in the game ain't that great but are their ways to get around this? Has this been addressed in BCM? Thanx.

------------------

"Live forever apes!."

Cmdr. Kron

Spectre Fleet

ICV Vanguard

You mean "collision" as in: hyper jumping right into some ship that happens to arrive at the same time, at the same spot? Well, there is a solution to this: check (with TacOps) before you jump!

(Collision has been reactivated by Derek, and I doubt it will get deactivated in the near future. Just be more careful. Play this game like you drive your car - in the rush hours, that is... wink.gif)

Thomas (a.k.a. Gudihl)

Official Tester, Battlecruiser Series

No meant during battle against a capship where you actually go one on one using the match speed key. This is where collision most likely occurs. So is the match speed key useful or do you manually change speeds in order to manuever a safe distance against an enemy to fire a shot? 'Burners also seem to be useful in these scenarios.

------------------

"Live forever apes!."

Cmdr. Kron

Spectre Fleet

ICV Vanguard

I usually just use the Retros and afterburners to maneuver in combat and let the AI fly me wherever when I'm not fighting.

------------------

Cmdr. Antilles

Spectre Fleet

Spectre Starstation

ICV- Eclipse

Chief Security Officer

Learning is not compulsory... Neither is survival.

Hmm, retros eh? Haven't thought of that. Good tip. Also the AI for non combat is a good tip. Thanx.

------------------

"Live forever apes!."

Cmdr. Kron

Spectre Fleet

ICV Vanguard

Ship collisions are frustrating. I have seen the two flavors that are being discussed: during battle and after hyperjumping jumpgate.

I believe the first type is due to the flight dynamics. Isn't capital ship movement being redone to make it move less like a fighter? This might minimize unintended collisions.

The second type behaves like there is a single point near the jumpgate that all ships use when hyperjumping from where ever they start from. I wonder if randomizing this point (within a defined radius) would provide enough separation to avoid colliding with other ships waiting to jump.

I think I have had the same problem.

Interceptor and Shuttle crews seem to enjoy playing "Space Chicken" these days to blow off steam. We go through more pilots that way smile.gif

------------------

Commander Logan

-------------------------

GCV Crazy Horse

*2nd Squadron, Corsair Wing

Stationed: Starbase Cerberus

"When the going gets weird, the weird get professional"

ZULU TIME

-==+Wraith Fleet+==-