So newbies, is the game worth buying now? I have

Keyne

read a bunch about it and its pretty cheap, but just wanted to know if it delivers as promised or should I wait for BCM to come out. BC3K sounds great, I like big manuals, I like complexity, but I dont like crashes and stupid frustrations. Let me know what you think.

BTW, this is not a troll, I really want to know. Thanks.

IMO it's a great game. There is still an occasional crash but it's stable for the most part. The manual is well designed, and the only frustrations I've had is the occasional ACM mission that I just couldn't seem to beat. biggrin.gif

------------------

Cmdr. Antilles

Spectre Fleet

Spectre Starstation

ICV- Eclipse

Chief Security Officer

Learning is not compulsory... Neither is survival.

Seems to me to work as promised! biggrin.gif Take time to READ 'cause if you have a question/problem someones Been There Done That! wink.gif

My problem was learning all the things to do and responding fast enough to situations. It's a BLAST, sometimes to my own BC.

Happy Hunting!

------------------

Cmdr. Wold

Spectre Fleet

Spectre Starstation

ICV Drakr

"Do or do not, there is no try!"

Works just fine. Now about that occasional crash statement, Terminus, Klingon Academy, Tachyon, and all these latest and greatest releases ALL have them. WITHOUT EXCEPTION! So let's finally move on and stop quibling about that occasional crash and start enjoying what the game has to offer. I've not found a crash in the 2.0-2.09 release versions that I could not attribute to my own machine being the factor. "Nuff Said!"

------------------

Rattler, Insurgent One

Commander-In-Chief,

Insurgency

Official Tester,Battlecruiser Series

[email protected]

ICQ 12894104

"Still Crazy after all these years!"

Hey Keyne!

Saw you made it here from the Terminus forum. smile.gif

Go ahead and get the game, patch to ver 2.09 and give it a go... if you have any problems come on back and we'll help you out.

------------------

Cmdr. Andergum

Spectre Fleet

Pre. comm. Cmdr. New America StarStation

ICV Gummy 1

Official tester of BC3K the series...

Long live the Insurgency!

ICQ # 215323

Your concerns sound so much like mine. I'm a fan of the mega-games from way back, but I don't have the time to commit to dealing with frustrations anymore, whether its getting into a game that doesn't satisfy, or spending my weekends trying to get it to run.

I tried to help a friend get his Ver 1.0 running years back, and I swore a pox on everyone ever connected with this game. Even when 2.0 hit and the word in the stores and reviews said it lived up to its promises, I couldn't forget those bitter memories. Finally after a year of hearing the raves I downloaded the demo and was instantly hooked. I say all this to show how, even when I was so predisposed to dislike the game, its magic got a hold of me. You only have to play a handful of games to know what it means to have a game with a solid foundation, thorough attention to detail, and honest commitment to tech support: its all here and it shows.

As far as frustrations go, the Masters who've responded have hit it on the head. It's not whether a game crashes, but how fast you can fix the problem that seems to be the norm with games of this complexity, and the variety of hardware nowadays. I have never encountered such a complete manual, complete FAQ, or complete on-line tech support as this game has. I've had my share of hangs and crashes, but they were all due to problems with my machine, not the game, and I was able to solve each problem quickly with either the FAQ or a search of the archives on this forum. The critical bottom line for me was that the occasional frustrations were never bad enough to take away from my enjoyment of the game.

Enough analyzing, THIS GAME KICKS ASS! It lets me do it all, whether I'm in the mood to micromanage my BC, orchestrate a planetary assault, or just hop in an interceptor and pick a fight. IMO, if you wait for BCM you're just robbing yourself of several nights of fun & mayhem between now and December.

------------------

Cmdr. Greg 'Hosehead' Highnote

UCV Hosehead

"Be warned, or be Hosed!"

Yep, get the game. Any problems ask on the forum. Just ensure that ye RTFM biggrin.gif

BC3K is not for the average gamer.

TTFN

------------------

Commander Gallion

GCV Graf Spee

*1st Squadron, *Corsair Wing

Stationed, *Starbase Cerberus

"Run Silent, Run Deep"

ICQ# 29486270, EST (GMT-5)

=Wraith Fleet=

Second in Command, Wraith Fleet

Bushi of the Dragon Council