Mission Questions

Keyne

I am using version 2.9 with Map Pak.

I have been flying around in Free Flight Mode learning the universe and ship. It's been fun landing on planets, attempting to help people that are attacked, etc. However, is there dialog in the game? Is it possible to talk to other life forms. The missions statement mentioned diplomacy but I havent been able to talk to anyone.

Also, other than the missions that ship with the game are there missions that can be added. I looked at the Mission Control section and will download the insergent stuff tonight, but does this include missions or just the type of entity you can be in the Free Mode? Also, I looked at the Game Builder Scripts download, does this include missions or just the ability to create your own?

The reason I ask before actually downloading them is that whenever I download stuff I need to trouble shoot again, so I dont want to mess with it until I have an idea of what I should download - missions and dialog. Thanks.

Unless I've missed something, I don't believe that you can actually TALK to others. there is a button for comms, but there is never a responce from the craft.

------------------

Cmdr. Antilles

Spectre Fleet

Spectre Starstation

ICV- Eclipse

Chief Security Officer

Learning is not compulsory... Neither is survival.

The best arguments are those done with Vagrants and OTS. biggrin.gif

Comms with other NPC's is not possible in the game now(unless you script it I think, see GBS for more on this).

Sequels will give you human players to curse at and humiliate at will. Cheers!

What about missions other than those shipped with the game? Has anyone created them for the game using the Game Builder add on? If so are they on a web site? Does the add-on with the Insurgent and Raider classification give missions? Thanks

Guest aramike01

The add ons for the classifications don't add missions. If you choose to play as either an Insurgent or a Raider, then you do so in Free Flight.

If you have 2.09 then you already have a few extra ACMs, IIRC.

------------------

Cmdr. Michael Kristophers

Spectre Fleet

Commanding Officer, Spectre StarStation

ICV-Intrepid

"You won't get the Purple Heart hiding in a foxhole!"