ACM Game Times

Tyrn

quote:

Charles Lindsey asked:

What's your current game time (new thread? )? If you've taken acm that far you are a better man than me.

Quick background: The Falcon is now in Tyrinis/Gammula en route to LV-115 to destroy the last two operational Gammulan star stations: Parix (LV-115) and the seat of the evil empire itself, Gammula station (Gamma 2). The valiant crew of the Falcon have located and secured every known artifact except the RANDOM Device itself which we suspect to be located in LV-115 or Gamma 2.

We have reached this point 19 hours after we received our initial commision on 4-4-3000 at 17:00 hours (current time is 4-5-3000 12:00 hours).

Here's our questions: How long has it taken others to reach this point in the ACM missions (TOD 4 Mission 1/1)? Have any of you managed to use the TCMD or similar artifact that requires certain AI levels during the TOD missions?

------------------

Randolf Carter

Commander - UCV Kadath

[This message has been edited by Tyrn (edited 08-15-2000).]

Wow, thats pretty impressive!! I see you are a serious player indeed. In the other thread, I thought you actually cheated to get those artifacts (I just played it safe by not flat out saying it biggrin.gif).

If you're as soon as you seem to be, you should be in my beta team. I doubt that any of those fairies actually go this far in ACM in such as short time (well maybe Pandora did).

I would be interested in your save game file when you have finished ACM and located all artifacts.

The first time you actually use RANDOM, you'll get that feeling of guilt. Just wait.

btw, what is your current rank, EP rating, medals earned, finances etc? It would be really cool if you posted a state table here, of all these values, as well as the values for your crew, once you finish this last ACM mission.

Hint: In order to find the RANDOM and its decoder, be sure to scan all Gammulan entities (ship or station), from this point on, before destroying them. And once you've got both, check out the version control file on the downloads page for use. Then go try it on a Gammulan planet. You're going to be in their territory anyway, so, why the hell not. wink.gif

quote:

Originally posted by Supreme Cmdr:

Wow, thats pretty impressive!! I see you are a serious player indeed. In the other thread, I thought you actually cheated to get those artifacts (
I just played it safe by not flat out saying it
biggrin.gif
).

Thank you and kudos to you for the great game. I wanted to rush through to see what all the goodies do and as I mentioned in the other thread am fearful that doing so is what caused my AI problems but that's the other thread.

quote:

If you're as soon as you seem to be, you should be in my beta team. I doubt that any of those fairies actually go this far in ACM in such as short time (
well maybe Pandora did
).

I would be interested in your save game file when you have finished ACM and located all artifacts.

Will do. This has been a curious game and I don't think it's quite "normal." SC Raines only gave me fleet CC once even though he boarded my ship multiple times. As such I didn't even bother locating him for TOD4 and now I fear that I may have some minor difficulties surviving the encouters with Paxir and Gammula stations. The others were easy enough but a well placed cloaked ship has caused me some major reactor problems.

quote:

The first time you actually use RANDOM, you'll get that feeling of guilt. Just wait.

btw, what is your current rank, EP rating, medals earned, finances etc? It would be really cool if you posted a state table here, of all these values, as well as the values for your crew, once you finish this last ACM mission.

OK, going to show some ignorance here: State table, is there a utility to create such a creature; if not, is there a standard format for such things?

------------------

Randolf Carter

Commander - UCV Kadath

[This message has been edited by Tyrn (edited 08-15-2000).]

Kudos on running through the ACMs biggrin.gif

quote:

...It would be really cool if you posted a state table here...

I do believe that the SC is referring to STATS: aka statistics of your crew AI levels, medals awarded, experience points, etc.

If you go to the Roster menu you will find all this information.

TTFN and welcome to a totally new experience cool.gif

------------------

Commander Gallion

GCV Graf Spee

*1st Squadron, *Corsair Wing

Stationed, *Starbase Cerberus

"Run Silent, Run Deep"

ICQ# 29486270, EST (GMT-5)

=Wraith Fleet=

Second in Command, Wraith Fleet

Bushi of the Dragon Council

Yep, Gallion is right again, regarding the state table. He used a non-programming term, stats. wink.gif

And btw, check the Version Control file and search for Fleet. This should take you to the Fleet C&C section. There you will see that even if you get Fleet C&C, if your ship and crew don't meet with certain criteria, it won't work.

And I really think you should go over to Obsidia and grab the HSD artifact from the UCV-Monolok. Thats going to make the Droidans very, very pissed at the Terrans btw and you'll be lucky to get out of Omega Eridani, let alone clean out of Syrion Quad. Its patrol route is obsidiaz,alterisz,droiaz,mondialz,sarienz,tareanz,lv125z,lv130z, so you have to do some searching in order to find it, assuming that by TOD4, it is still around. It could have returned to its base, destroyed, etc You should have done this way back in TOD1.

I'm surprised you didn't do this once you got the intel report back in TOD1/M1. With the HSD, you can zip from one end of the galaxy to the next and be able to repair your ship quickly. Unless you have a fleet with you, I don't think you stand a chance of taking on the Gammulans being so far away from a friendly or neutral station. And if you think you're going to get RANDOM or its decoder, without a fight, you're in for a nasty shock. Save often.

LOL!, here come the recruiting watchdogs!!

Multiplayer is coming, so I guess the recruiting efforts are on the rise. hehe.

quote:

Yep, Gallion is right again, regarding the state table. He used a non-programming term,
stats
wink.gif

I was just hoping that there was some "inside" utility to produce them instead of my taking notes. See following post for some eye poppers!

quote:

And btw, check the Version Control file and search for
Fleet
. This should take you to the Fleet C&C section. There you will see that even if you get Fleet C&C, if your ship and crew don't meet with certain criteria, it won't work.

That's what has me completely confused! The first mission that SC Reines comes aboard is in TOD1 M4/5 and Fleet C&C worked just great (didn't use it though silly newbie!) after that I never heard beep one of the Fleet C&C when SC Reines was aboard. I just didn't bother looking him up for the last run to the ends of the universe.

quote:

And I really think you should go over to Obsidia and grab the HSD artifact from the UCV-Monolok.

Sent a shuttle to do just that after I delivered DIP1 to Majoras. I was taught to read intel reports very carefully wink.gif The problem is that due to my coddling the crew, they can only get 7 of the ten items to function and two only partially. HSD, ENM, TCMD are completely useless at this stage. JAC and the CO only work partially. Ah well, I know much better now and have forseen a very busy weekend ahead of me biggrin.gif

------------------

Randolf Carter

Commander - UCV Kadath

Post Parix capture and destuction Stats

4-5-3000 12:32

Violation(s): 1

Finances: 77,315,935

Salary: 375,000

Inventory: 27,720,975

Exp Points: 133025

Medals

Star of Merit: 2

Commander's Shield: 2

Planetary Shield: 2

Order of the Wraith: 2

Combat Shield: 9

Chief Engineer 24%(AI)

Flight Off. 28%

Comms Off. 32%

Nav. Off. 32%

Combat Off. 31%

Med. Off. 33%

Research Eng. 26%

Tac. Off 29%

Pilots

Scorpion 28(AI) 12(DF) 14(BA) 16(CM) 5(CK)

Nightwing 20 12 9 16 0

Hellraiser 20 15 10 14 3

Roamer 29 14 6 14 0

Lace 20 15 15 8 3

Rogue 19 13 8 8 0

Shadow 25 14 12 8 4

Starfire 26 11 9 8 0

SC Reines not onboard, we are alone in enemy territory.

Post Gammula Station capture and destruction

4-5-3000 12:41

Violation(s): 1

Finances: 77,315,935

Salary: 600,000

Inventory: 27,628,475

Exp Points: 318025

Medals

Order of the Universe: 1

Star of Merit: 4

Eye of Andromeda: 1

Commander's Shield: 2

Planetary Shield: 2

Order of the Wraith: 2

Combat Shield: 10

Main Computer destroyed

Bridgeviewer 99%

Solar Panel 2 93% (can't read my notes 92, 93 or 97%)

Hull Armor 52%

All other systems 100%

All other crew remain at the same AI/skill levels. The Falcon will remain uncloaked in Gammula/Gammula until repairs are completed and we can see what this RANDOM device can actually do.....

SC, you said you would be interested in my game files. They're zipped and awaiting a transmission channel.

------------------

Randolf Carter

Commander - UCV Kadath

(Who really wishes we could preview before submitting posts after the third or fourth edit of this one.)

[This message has been edited by Tyrn (edited 08-16-2000).]

Guest aramike01

quote:

LOL!, here come the recruiting watchdogs!!

Multiplayer is coming, so I guess the recruiting efforts are on the rise. hehe.

We're here! Stop by the Insurgent forum! You look like you got game, man!

Seriously now, that's some fine work you've been doing there, commander. Keep it up!

------------------

Cmdr. Michael Kristophers

Spectre Fleet

Commanding Officer, Spectre StarStation

ICV-Intrepid

"You won't get the Purple Heart hiding in a foxhole!"

*whistles*

You should be mighty proud of yourself, Tyrn. I'd gladly give up a few points of AI for YOUR stats (states, whatever smile.gif )!

It sounds as though you know your way pretty decent-like around the boards, so I won't go on my recruiting spiel. With the time you've spent on BC, I would assume you would hav made up your mind by now on a Fleet to join, if you were to. But this is the wrong place for such talk.

Excellent work! Wow! We'd all be curious how you got throught the ACM so fast.

quote:

I was taught to read intel reports very carefully

heh, this suspiciously looks like you are in the service in real life? We have quite a few of your buddies here actually.

As for those stats, impressive. As for the crew AI, I'd suggest you leave them onstation until they are about to drop with exhaustion biggrin.gif At least now we know that the crew AI requirements for the artifacts, work, which explains why most of them don't work. heh, doesn't look like you've had a free ride.

And yes, please zip and send me your game files to [email protected] I'd like to see them. And send me another set, once you've completed the last mission in TOD4. The files you need to send me are in the SAVE folder. I don't need the .SG? file, just the raw files. So, if you were playing with, say, profile1, (the 2nd slot in Roster) you would send me player1.cmd, player1.cml, player1.log, player1.sav

And did you say you were going to remain onstation in Gammula - decloaked? Oh boy...

btw, what are the specs for the machine you're running the game on?

[This message has been edited by Supreme Cmdr (edited 08-16-2000).]

To aramike01 and Whisper, thank you.

quote:

heh, this suspiciously looks like you are in the
service
in real life? We have quite a few of your buddies here actually.

Military brat actually, dad was an intel officer among other things. Besides, although I cannot now find the quote, I distinctly remember reading you saying that if reviewed very carefully all the orders, communications and intel reports would hand a good commander every piece of information he needs. I think my experience is a good testament to that statement.

quote:

As for those stats, impressive. As for the crew AI, I'd suggest you leave them onstation until they are about to drop with exhaustion
biggrin.gif
At least now we know that the crew AI requirements for the artifacts, work, which explains why most of them don't work. heh, doesn't look like you've had a free ride.

Thank you, no more Mr. Nice Guy on the bridge!

quote:

And did you say you were going to remain onstation in Gammula - decloaked? Oh boy...

Someone has to watch over Gammula/Ter Mil Station while it rebuilds. smile.gif Besides, my gunners and pilots are in dire need of live targets. biggrin.gif

quote:

btw, what are the specs for the machine you're running the game on?

(Two identical machines, work and home)

PIII 500

ASUS P3B-F motherboard

128MB PC100 RAM

ATI RAGE 128 GL SD AGP 32MB

WIN98SE

26.8GB HD (work) 12GB HD (home)

3c-905c TX 10/100 PCI NIC (work)

3c-509B coax PCI NIC (home)

------------------

Randolf Carter

Commander - UCV Kadath

[This message has been edited by Tyrn (edited 08-16-2000).]

/unlurk

Nope, I never even GOT that far in the TODs, much less in any short time. :) All my profiles had a life expectancy of 2-3 days tops. That's when I found a new gadget / AI state / system / command to bre... err play with.

I think the closest I got to the complete TODs was when I got hold of the GBS - only that I didn't play as intended but rather checked if that language worked in the first place. And nope, Derek didn't want to believe that not QUITE every command and (insert propellerhead term) worked as intended.

But I digress. Kudos on actually playing that thing! ;)

Pan,

Lead Tester BC3000AD

writing at 00:36 Bavarian Time (GMT+2) on 17 Aug 00

Congrats on getting that far in the ACM!!

I never finished it either, although my furthest stint in the ACM was way back with ver 1.0!! I'm not sure what mission I was up to, but I was asked to help in the ground assault of some planet or moon. (can't remember) Back then you weren't dropped from the ACM or courtmartialed for not completing missions exactly as planned. Then again you would randomly crash when going through a jump point or... well just about anything... (*&^%$#$ Take2)

It was more an excersize in saving often smile.gif

I joined the test team soon afterward and my games went from ACM to trying to break as many things as possible... mostly in freeflight mode. biggrin.gif

Also the almost weekly patches made it tough to keep an ACM going smile.gif

Ah, well... congrats!!

------------------

Cmdr. Andergum

Spectre Fleet

Pre. comm. Cmdr. New America StarStation

ICV Gummy 1

Official tester of BC3K the series...

Long live the Insurgency!

ICQ # 215323

Damned fine job Commander! I never got that far either! Almost, but almost doesn't count. wink.gif Keep up the good work. I'm sure that we will be hearing more from you in the not too distant future. One last thought before I go. Think Insurgent!" cool.gif

------------------

Rattler, Insurgent One

Commander-In-Chief,

Insurgency

Official Tester,Battlecruiser Series

[email protected]

ICQ 12894104

"Bad? You ain't seen BAD, But WE'RE Coming!

quote:

And nope, Derek didn't want to believe that not QUITE every command and (insert propellerhead term) worked as intended.

LOL! yep.

And yes, Gummy is right, there were so many releases (most of which made saved games incompatible) it was difficult to get very far in ACM during testing. In fact, this is one of the very reasons why the external Beta is in a perpetual hold state.

Thanks for all the "congrats."

quote:

Originally posted by Blades:

Hmm. I've been way too slack recently. 19 hours to get to end game. Hmm. Looks like I got some work to do. I'll let you know when I beat it.
smile.gif

I should probably point out that I reached end game in 19 game hours. RL hours are unnumbered wink.gif BTW, I decided to do a little digging regarding how "fast" I finished the game. If you let each mission (including lag time to the start of the next mission) run its course, ACM takes 21 hrs 18 min to complete. If you always request new orders the second your current mission ends, you can do it in 17 hrs 23 min (all times are in-game hours not RL hours). Average play would be about... 19 hours 20 min and I finished in 19 hrs 41 min. So much for a true speed record smile.gif I am really going to have to whip my crew into shape!

------------------

Randolf Carter

Commander - UCV Kadath