Intruders+Interceptors=My Question

My Pilots were having a big nap in the medibay after a few long battles in a row when suddenly I go to yellow alert because there are 4 intruders on my ship. As I was battling one of them in the Mid Corridor the other three decided to lock themselves in my interceptors and now they won't come out. My best solution is to wait until they get so hungry that they either a)die b)head for the galley or c)head for the shuttles. Is there a better way of being rid of them? After all, I may need my interceptors some time soon.

------------------

Commander Zeke Stone,

UCV Guardian - "Never Give Up, Never Surrender"

**Anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job** -- Douglas Adams

The only way that I know of is to set multiple marines to search mode on your BC. they will eventually find the intruders. when they do, the intruders will start moving again.

------------------

Cmdr. Wold

Spectre Fleet

Spectre Starstation

ICV-Drakr

"Do or do not, there is no try!"

ICQ 4669033

Also, don't send too many marines on search and destroy or they'll all gather round the interceptor even though only one and sometimes two marines can search an interceptor. The problen then is that should the marine at the front be injured, he'll have a devil of a time shoving past the other marines before the intruder finishes him off.

------------------

Randolf Carter

Commander - UCV Kadath

I've had this problem many times myself; i get boarded, the intruders make a beeline for my interceptors & they just stick their asses there & don't do anything. Since the capacity of the interceptors is two, my marines can't go in there to kill the intruders.

The only solution i can think of for this is for the code to be updated (hint, hint SC! smile.gif)

------------------

Commander Robert Martin

GCV-Dark Knight

Prime Fleet

S26 Commander, Beta Wing

Guest aramike01

Rm, BC3K V2.0X's code is retired...you'll have to wait for BCM.

------------------

Cmdr. Michael Kristophers

Spectre Fleet

Commanding Officer, Spectre StarStation

ICV-Intrepid

"You won't get the Purple Heart hiding in a foxhole!"

heh, there's nothing to be updated. In fact, that piece of code remains intact in BCM.

Think about this. 2 intruders sit in your IC with the hatch closed. They can't launch because you have power turned off. The intruders know this. The marines know this. The marines can't do squat because they're not going to use heavy weapons (yes, I know, the average marine is a dumb ass newbie, but not that stupid) to start a nuclear war in the launch bay. So, they wait it out. The only way they're going to come out, is if they're starving or they get bored and leave craft when there are no marines in the launch bay.

Picture the 2 intruders parked in the IC, making faces at the marines (or even mooning them) thru the see-thru cockpit.

Anyway, in BCM, I'm allowing heavy weapons use in all areas of the ship. So, don't be surprised if some marine blows a hole in a deck one day. biggrin.gif

LOL SC, I could just imagine that, too bad the Marines aren't smart enough to snipe.... maybe someday the armory will let them try one.

------------------

Cmdr. Antilles

Spectre Fleet

Spectre Starstation

ICV- Eclipse

Chief Security Officer

Learning is not compulsory... Neither is survival.

:imagines intruders being picked off right out of the interceptor cockpits by sharpshooters: Thank god I'm in charge of the Hammerheads...I get to play with the sniper rifles...

------------------

Commander Bandus

GCV Defiant

*1st Squadron,*HammerHead Wing

Stationed, *Starbase Masada

"Universal Peace Through Deadly Force"

ICQ 48630242 EST

=Wraith Fleet=

Well, I waited it out and they headed for the Galley. Unfortunately for them, I had five marines waiting for them outside the interceptor and there were some off duty marines in the Galley if they somehow got passed the first wave. I ain't taking my pilots out of the interceptors until their fatigue is 60 wink.gif

------------------

Commander Zeke Stone,

UCV Guardian - "Never Give Up, Never Surrender"

**Anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job** -- Douglas Adams

I have a newbie question from an oldie:

I've always sent some of my better marines to pilot my shuttles, but I've been prepping them for combat first. After I get the "marines ready for deployment" message, I then order them to their respective shuttles.

Question: Does prepping them for combat make them better prepared to fight off intruders trying to steal the shuttle or am I just wasting my time?

Hey Steve, marines are auto prep'd if you order them in shuttles, so you don't have to do anything but order them in shuttles. And I think combat prep helps if they face intruders 'cause that's the only way that they have right equipment etc so that they don't have to use only wrists (ooops typo, meant fists redface.gif), not that I don't like boxing, I do! But I'd like to see the fight wink.gif

And again, correct me if I'm wrong smile.gif

------------------

Cmdr Jason Cloud

GCV Silver Lining

Prime fleet

Gamma Wing, 26 Commander

2nd squadron "No quarter"

"They hold no quarter, they ask no quarter"

[This message has been edited by Papi (edited 08-24-2000).]

Thats in Section 19.5 Away Team Deployment.

quote:

Marines, unlike other personnel, have to take several steps before they are ready for deployment and this occurs during the ÔÇÿprep for combatÔÇÖ phase. Actions include grabbing their gear & weapons from their quarters and proceeding to Operations for a tactical mission briefing. Once they have completed these actions, the Marines then proceed to the shuttles or transporter for deployment.

quote:

...this occurs during the ÔÇÿprep for combatÔÇÖ phase... Once they have completed these actions, the Marines then proceed to the shuttles or transporter for deployment.

I guess I'm being overly slow this morning...

If I recall my Perscan correctly, if I order off-duty marines to shuttles, they go straight to the shuttles. If I order off-duty marines to prep for combat, then I see them prepping for combat. When they are ready for deployment (done prepping), I get a message from the officer.

So, If I want an armed marine to fly shuttles, I have to first order them to prep for combat, then wait for them to finish, then order them to the shuttles. Just ordering the off-duty marines to shuttles will not, by itself, prep the marines for combat. Am I correct or incorrect?

incorrect, I gotta wait forever for my off-duty marines to get their butts out of the troop deployment bay and into the shuttles. I'll issue the shuttle order to an off duty marine then go into the perscan and watch them head to the deployment bay THEN to the shuttle.

------------------

Cmdr. Hidama Hasaki

GCV Kurai

1st Squadron, SIN Wing

Stationed, Starstation Wrath

you might as well stay and fight, because if you run, you will only die tired

ICQ 28215391, GMT-5

=Wraith Fleet=