radiation from cloaking

Guest jupiter87135

Guest jupiter87135

Hi,

I have painfully discovered that using the cloaking system too long results in a radiation flood and crew members having down time.

I love to fly cloaked into Gammulan space.

Would it be worth it to deinstall the game, reinstall the 2.0 that I have, add the 2.08 patch and the Mappak, but NOT add 2.09?

As I understand it the 2.09 patch is what causes the radiation flooding.

Will I seriously be missing that much if I stay with 2.08, rather than 2.09 if I want to fly cloaked for extended periods of time?

Thanks much all!!!

Don't think you will be but check the Version control file to be sure. think you might miss a few ACM's etc

------------------

Commodore Kyle Antilles

ICV-Eclipse, Destiny Starstation (Nevuela)

Commanding Officer, Destiny

Spectre Fleet

quote:

Originally posted by jupiter87135:

Hi,

I have painfully discovered that using the cloaking system too long results in a radiation flood and crew members having down time.

I love to fly cloaked into Gammulan space.

Who doesn't hate radiation floods and who doesn't love flying cloaked through G Space? smile.gif

quote:

Would it be worth it to deinstall the game, reinstall the 2.0 that I have, add the 2.08 patch and the Mappak, but NOT add 2.09? As I understand it the 2.09 patch is what causes the radiation flooding.

Will I seriously be missing that much if I stay with 2.08, rather than 2.09 if I want to fly cloaked for extended periods of time?

While the end decision is, of course, yours; here are some perspectives on which to think:

A) Would you rather play the game as the SC has envisioned it or in a "broken" state?

B) Following the thinking of question A, would you rather train now to deal with cloaking radiation in preparation for BCO/BCM or wait until you're dependent upon artificially long periods of cloaking?

------------------

Commander Tyrn Marcel

GCV Falcon, Wraith HQ (Lyrius)

Wing Leader - Wraith Fleet/S.O.G.

"Hard, Fast, Furious... FIRST!"

S.O.G. Home

[This message has been edited by Tyrn (edited 09-08-2000).]

Guest jupiter87135

Hmmm, interesting thoughts.

I shall indeed consider them.

I guess I just have come to enjoy cloaking into gammulan space and blowing up the stations with a decoupled laser...hehehe.

I know so little about the game, being new, that there are probably more efficient ways to accomplish this, which I will learn.

Thanks

quote:

Originally posted by jupiter87135:

I guess I just have come to enjoy cloaking into gammulan space and blowing up the stations with a decoupled laser...hehehe.

True, there is nothing to compare to the smell of roasted Gammulan. wink.gif

quote:

I know so little about the game, being new, that there are probably more efficient ways to accomplish this, which I will learn.

Cloaking is still a good tactic, you just need to learn when to cloak, when not to cloak and other methods of lying low while the cloaking device cools or so Kendrick and Co. can patch up any leaks. Hang in there commander.

------------------

Commander Tyrn Marcel

GCV Falcon, Wraith HQ (Lyrius)

Wing Leader - Wraith Fleet/S.O.G.

"Hard, Fast, Furious... FIRST!"

S.O.G. Home

[This message has been edited by Tyrn (edited 09-08-2000).]

• 1 month later...

I hate Cloack, i think it's for "sissys" No offense intended; But there is nothing better than PTA and ECM to EVADE AND DESTROY!

Just keep Flying and Destroying! It's even better than Cloack, and you get to kill much more, If else Fails, you can always fly out of there! JUST A THOUGHT biggrin.gif

------------------

Cmdr. Hugo Pinheiro

GCV-Ajax

PRIME FLEET

GAMMA WING

2nd Squadron, "No quarter"

"Commander of the Mighty Ajax, all others bow before me"

and if your engines get killed and your launch bays overrun w intruders? that "sissy" cloak could jusr save your life.

------------------

Commodore Kyle Antilles

ICV-Eclipse, Destiny Starstation (Nevuela)

Commanding Officer, Destiny

Spectre Fleet

quote:

I hate Cloack, i think it's for "sissys" No offense intended; But there is nothing better than PTA and ECM to EVADE AND DESTROY!

Just keep Flying and Destroying! It's even better than Cloack, and you get to kill much more, If else Fails, you can always fly out of there! JUST A THOUGHT

Hehehe, Cmdr. Hugo Pinheiro, to each their own....

[rp]sniff, sniff, uummmm, MAN that smells GOOD, nothing like fried lemming.... [/rp]

BTW, Cmdr. Hugo Pinheiro, I do believe that your sig is out of specs, but I could be wrong. The SC has placed the required sig format here.

------------------

Commodore Wold

ICV-Drakr, Spectre HQ (Antis)

Commanding Officer, Spectre HQ

Spectre Fleet

ICQ 4669033

[This message has been edited by Wold (edited 10-08-2000).]