I need a WISE friend... :))

Aleksey Kichigin

Thanks for Hugo Pinheiro I've got a BC3000AD v.2.08 CD (patched to v.2.09)...

But some question still alive... confused.gif

1-st - How to dock with Planetary Starbase? Which craft can do this? ... I find yellow blinking dot on map (there write "...base"), zoom in... and what I see? Many mission zones! someones whiteblinking... confused.gif ... and where I must landing? Can I trade in this Base (if I can dock with it!) such as on the Orbital Station?

2-nd - TOD2 M1/1 ... Patrol Varan... What i must to do? While I've been there no one raider 've been sighted! And as result - my Exp.Points dropped from 6XXX to -3XXX ...MINUS!!! Why?... Maybe I must investigate a surface? On Varan and booth moons present Raiders Bases... And so what?

3-rd - If I trashed ship for artifact, which it carry on its board - that caste start glowing RED on radar (with bad consequence for me! rolleyes.gif ) from Blue... can I somehow "rebuild" they opinion about me again to blue or not?...

4-th - Mission where I Must finding 'Daisymae'... Must i trash that ship for artifact? Or I can do this some later - maybe this ship must survive for something? Again - About Artifacts... T.A.Shield - is upgrade - I'm understand... But What about C.ORB? Must I Install it somehow? HSD... For grab it at first TOD - at bigin - I have no enough Fuel (and money for it!) for return, And at the end of TOD 1 - have no enough time... Do you have some tricks?

============================

Thanks for all beforehand...

============================

------------------

ORION fleet

GCV "Star Panther"

CMDR Alex 'HAWK'

[This message has been edited by Aleksey Kichigin (edited 09-22-2000).]

Not sure bout all of the TOD mission Q's, ask Tyrn(SP?) biggrin.gif but as for docking with a starbase, should be the same as with a starstation, cept only Shuttles and ATVs can do it if I remember correctly.

------------------

Commodore Kyle Antilles

ICV-Eclipse, Destiny Starstation (Nevuela)

Commanding Officer, Destiny

Spectre Fleet

Hi there Aleksey. Welcome to the game and the community here. I'll try to answer some questions you have but there's one I can't. As I am at the same spot you are. In Varan, wondering what the mission is really about.

Anyway, I'll start.

1: The Battlecruiser is said not to be build for going planet-side. You can try. And you might live to tell it. But it will expire your garantuee period. No refunds. wink.gif Indeed, as Eclipse said. BCs don't dock. So, try it with your ICs, shuttles and ATVs to do the trick. Where is the starbase? Well, there is a special appendix file with all the location of missionzones and all that with geographical coordinates of the bases. The longitude/lattitude thing. You know. I don't know the name of the file from memory. Just make sure you got the latest manual and appendices from the downloads page. How to do it? Well, the Version Control File (also available from the downloads page) gives you the procedure to make the starbase your target and then Alt-D should do the trick. Just make sure the craft is withing the docking range. 25 clicks I believe, just as spacebound docking. Can you trade in there? Yes ofcourse, but only just as well as in the space station. Same inflation values. frown.gif

2: My worries exactly. Don't know what to do too. (yet) But I doubt you have to go planetside to finnish the mission. I haven't heard anybody about that in the past years.

3: Trashing is not neccessary. I had the same in Alpa Majoris, Majoris spacestation. They didn't like me for ripping apart the ship with the HSD. Instead, launch a shuttle and let it "mug" using Tacops. (special thanks to "Uncle Rattler") Or whoever figured it out. Check the New commanders forum or the Tips forum for more information. I learned it last week this way. Absolutely no need to create bad faces this way.

4: I learned a valuable lesson. Don't disconnect your probes unless you need the channel. I still had some probes hanging around in vesperon space or in the vicinity due to the previous missions. Anyway, my probes told me it was in the vicinity. I am sure I had visited pretty much every region from Alpha Majoris to Barnard's Star and further. But no Daisymae. So I must have passed it by. It showed up on probe sensors way closer to it's originating location. Read the mission descriptions. I ordered my shuttle to tail it and drag it to me. Artifact? Well, same as above. No bad faces needed. To operate them certain rules have to be met. Especially AI level of officers. See the manual. It's too soon to use them now. You (the crew) don't know how yet. Unless you used cheat tools on your game.

To lower fuel consumption, get the best upgrades (not artifacts) at the beginning of the game. You'll have to sell pretty much everything you have. But you can be stocked up again before the next mission starts. If you use the time wisely. Just dig into the tips people gave.

Hope this helps

------------------

Cmdr. Rico Jansen

GCV de Ruyter, Genesis (Moon)

16 Squadron Leader - Prime Fleet, Gamma Wing, 1st Squadron

[This message has been edited by Rico Jansen (edited 09-22-2000).]

quote:

Originally posted by Eclipse:

Not sure bout all of the TOD mission Q's, ask Tyrn(SP?)

Should have seen this one coming.  Let's see if I can keep my budding reputation and not spoil the ACM's for anyone! wink.gif

quote:

Originally posted by Aleksey Kichigin:

1-st - How to dock with Planetary Starbase?

Both Eclipse and Rico gave you some good pointers.  Here's a bit more detail and an example:

On Varan you'll find Star Base 4 (see appendix V) located at 13108N 7869W.  When viewing the surface of Varan, find the mission zone that most closely matches 13108N 7869W (map coords are displayed in the lower right corner of the TACOPS Computer Display) and then look for the base among the vairous buildings.  Bases usually have a distinct name, Varan's base is Varax (again see appendix V).  As has been mentioned, only shuttles and ATV's can dock with a planet side star base.  As Rico alluded, taking a BC planet side is not for the faint of heart but with a little practice it quickly becomes a very useful maneuver.

quote:

2-nd - TOD2 M1/1 ... Patrol Varan... What i must to do? While I've been there no one raider 've been sighted! And as result - my Exp.Points dropped from 6XXX to -3XXX ...MINUS!!! Why?... Maybe I must investigate a surface? On Varan and booth moons present Raiders Bases... And so what?

Re-read your mission assignment, while Varan is your primary PZ, it is not your only PZ during this mission.  Read the manual regarding Patrol Zones and you'll quickly see that some friendly ships must have been destroyed in one or more of your Varan Patrol Zones.  Remember that probes and/or fighter patrols are a BC commander's best friends.

quote:

3-rd - If I trashed ship for artifact, which it carry on its board - that caste start glowing RED on radar (with bad consequence for me!
rolleyes.gif
)

The term, as Rico pointed out, is "mugging."  Simply put, treat the ship as a cargo container and assign a shuttle to collect it.

quote:

4-th - Mission where I Must finding 'Daisymae'...

Judging by the reference to the TA Shield and C Orb, you must have found the Daisymae; as to the use of the artifacts, read the manual under 'Personnel Ops' and appendix C as both apply.  See this for a discussion on AI levels and artifacts with the SC.

quote:

HSD... For grab it at first TOD - at bigin - I have no enough Fuel (and money for it!) for return, And at the end of TOD 1 - have no enough time... Do you have some tricks?

Yes, two: Use a shuttle to find the HSD, it uses no Radine.  The second has already been mentioned, upgrade your reactor and engine quickly.  If you don't want to beggar your ship, search the forum for money topics and you'll find a simple get rich quick scheme.

If you need more detailed help with the ACM's, click my name below to find my email address.  I would rather give helpful ACM hints via email than this forum to maintain the challenge of the ACM's for others.

------------------

Commander Tyrn Marcel

GCV Falcon, Wraith HQ (Lyrius)

S.O.G. Wing Leader - Wraith Fleet

"Hard, Fast, Furious... FIRST!"

Wraith S.O.G. Home

[This message has been edited by Tyrn (edited 09-22-2000).]

Guest j.w.pepper

you have to have the map on in the nid

then you can find the base in the video link

i have only managed to trade from a shuttle,

if im docked with an atv i get stores full message when i try to buy something.

quote:

two: Use a shuttle to find the HSD, it uses no Radine.

Grace period over Tyrn. smile.gif Time to start posting stuff like that in the tips and tricks forum. wink.gif

Plus Shuttles are faster than the BC with a hyperjump recharge time of only 15 seconds compared to 45 for the BC. Quite useful if you have to chase the darn DaisyMae. Yes I did get that far myself and chased the DaisyMae across about 6 systems and untold # of planets to catch her.

IC's can dock with a Starbase but can only repair. Shuttles can trade in the Starbase.

As far as ACM missions go you can send send your shuttles off to different Starstations while you are going thru the first couple of missions. You can trade a lot and get a lot of upgrades with the money you earn. Hope that was a tip and not a spoiler.

------------------

Vice Admiral Chavik

ICV Phoenix, Sygan Starstation (Sygan)

Fleet Leader - Balor Fleet

Official BC3K Tester

Thanks to all !!! ...

But... i know (for now wink.gif ) how to dock...

BUT I can NOT Find That Base! i find ZBASE1 zone (on Earth) Click on in... oops! only white, white-blinking, yellow Mission zones!

In the manuals i saw, that Base - is RED... But Where is it ? NO RED ZONES... About Appendix V - what is it? i have no This appendix! I only have A-T,U...No V! Where i can grab it?

I saw somewhere in forum, that v.2.09 Don't need MapPack... Is it true? ...

What about Artifacts? How To pulling it from ship without destruction of ship? It's possible? Sorry I'm not enough good in English, so maybe I'm look like a stupid guy, but please, don't leave me! What is the "Mugging" TYRN? I can't translate this word. What you mean?

DaisyMae??? What's the problem? After bigining this mission (I stationed at Zerin - after it capturing in last mission) i have a probe in the Midae system. In this system i can easy find this ship (After its hyperJumping in)... After all in this system jumping in a next artifact stored ship...

I have No problems here. But Why i lose Fleet control after this mission?

Easy Money? i'm searching Debris fields ... Many Junks, but sometime its useful (Like a OTS weapons wink.gif ), which I can sell after all...

[This message has been edited by Aleksey Kichigin (edited 09-25-2000).]

Guest aramike01

Mugging - beating someone up to take their stuff. biggrin.gif

As for the missing appendix, I'd look it up now but I'm too tired. If no one has it for you by late Monday, I'll send you a copy.

As for the map pak, I believe you need it unless you have a store bought V2.09.

Your other question - me really tired, Tyrn will help. biggrin.gif

Oh, and don't worry about your English - I've seen guys on here with fluent English that can hardly be understood. I understand you perfectly! wink.gif

------------------

Vice Admiral Michael Kristophers

ICV-Intrepid Spectre (Antis)

Fleet Leader

Spectre Fleet

quote:

Originally posted by Aleksey Kichigin:

Thanks to all !!! ...

But... i know (for now
wink.gif
) how to dock...

BUT I can NOT Find That Base! i find ZBASE1 zone (on Earth) Click on in... oops! only white, white-blinking, yellow Mission zones!

Those are all compounds. Click on any one of them to expand and see the compound details. If you don't see the compound details, then you need the mappack, which I suspect you do indeed need. As aramike01 pointed out, if you patched up to version 2.09 then you need the mappack.

quote:

In the manuals i saw, that Base - is RED... But Where is it ? NO RED ZONES... About Appendix V - what is it? i have no This appendix! I only have A-T,U...No V! Where i can grab it?

Don't worry about the colors, just go by the coordinates in the lower right hand corner of the display. I'll email you appendix V if you'll give me your email address.

quote:

But Why i lose Fleet control after this mission?

If Karl Reines isn't on board, no Fleet control.

quote:

Easy Money? i'm searching Debris fields ... Many Junks, but sometime its useful (Like a OTS weapons
wink.gif
), which I can sell after all...

Which is exactly the point, you can sell that junk and gain enough credits to upgrade your ship.

As for giving up on you because English isn't your best language, it won't happen on my watch.

------------------

Commander Tyrn Marcel

Wraith S.O.G. Home

[This message has been edited by Tyrn (edited 09-25-2000).]

Ok, Tyrn beat me to it. But here's my rant.

Aramike01 is right with:

quote:

As for the map pak, I believe you need it unless you have a store bought V2.09.

But it also goes for the European release 2.08 from GT Interactive. You don't need it for this one. It's allready included. (I suspect is also goes for the australian relase, but I doubt you have that one.)

quote:

Mugging - beating someone up to take their stuff.

Sorry, by that definition you do have to use violence. Which you actually don't have to. I know some people don't like the word. But stealing is the best description. The ship doesn't seem to know it happend. Or it doesn't do anything about it.

Anyway, last time I posted I was hoping you'd go search for this thread. It was in the "New Commanders" forum. Here, go "Mug". <ahttp://www.3000ad.com/ubb/wink.gif"> http://www.3000ad.com/ubb/Forum2/HTML/000524.html

------------------

Cmdr. Rico Jansen

Both the European and Australian boxed versions are v2.08, which contains the MapPak. v2.09 was only available as a patch download.

Also, even if someone with 2.08 or 2.09 accidentally applied the MapPak again, it won't break anything. It will just overwrite the maps and invalidate the saved games or current game, resulting in a crash if you try to play with said profiles.

Posted By Tyrn.

quote:

I'm sure half the "wisdom" that I have is already duplicated either in this forum or the Tips & Tricks.

Derek cleaned up the forum a while back and saved megs on his server however we lost a great deal. He restored the Roleplay Forum (bless him for that) but we didn't ask in time to restore Tips and Tricks. General trading tips and Capturing Starstations got lost. Other things as well. I've "shown" Tips and Tricks to the entire listing and don't see them. I have done searches with the few keywords I thought would work. I think they are gone. Perhaps another round of Tips? smile.gif Rico and I had good trading tips and there was a grand discussion on capturing stations. Perhaps some of them were copied to Andergums academy. Is that still functional?

I'm dangerously close to being off topic but I think Aleksey would like anything we can give. If I coerce Tyrn into tips I have to contribute as well. Maybe Rico will help. smile.gif

I've rambled enough. Aleksey, I am with the others. You have the best

quote:

not enough good in English

I have ever seen.

------------------

Vice Admiral Chavik

ICV Phoenix, Sygan Starstation (Sygan)

Fleet Leader - Balor Fleet

Official BC3K Tester

Guest aramike01

quote:

Sorry, by that definition you do have to use violence.

What the??? I was kidding, man! Lighten up!

*muttering* "I've stumbled upon the city of lexicographers..."

------------------

Vice Admiral Michael Kristophers

ICV-Intrepid Spectre (Antis)

Fleet Leader

Spectre Fleet

[This message has been edited by aramike01 (edited 09-26-2000).]

quote:

Maybe Rico will help

Sure! It will be a bit different perhaps. But I still got the lobbes. smile.gif Also, I'm quite curious about how much MB we posted together the past year(s). But you are right, better not digress.

quote:

*muttering* "I've stumbled upon the city of lexicographers..."

It has a reason, you know. Have you got any idea how often Galcom is dragged into court for the inappropriate use of words in it's legal documents? wink.gif

------------------

Cmdr. Rico Jansen

In the future, after the tip is posted, simply move it to the Archives section (admin only) and it won't be pruned.

Better yet, someone could then collect all tips in a simple HTML file, which I could then link via the news icon at the top of the forum, or from the downloads page.

quote:

Originally posted by Supreme Cmdr:

Better yet, someone could then collect all tips in a simple HTML file, which I could then link via the news icon at the top of the forum, or from the downloads page.

Working on that option even now.

------------------

Commander Tyrn Marcel

Wraith S.O.G. Home