Capturing

Rudy Kohn

Guest aramike01

Beat 'em as bad as you can without destroying it. Attempt to dock as normal, and the option to capture will be displayed.

------------------

Vice Admiral Michael Kristophers

ICV-Intrepid Spectre (Antis)

Fleet Leader

Spectre Fleet

It's in the tips and hints section. Read through that section with no date restrictions and you'll learn a lot! wink.gif

You need to knock the shields and then the armor, and then station damage will start building. If any of the 3 integrity levels reach 0 then the station will self-destruct. When the station integrity is down to around 10 (each area) then the sos tag will light up. Dock with the station and it will become captured.

When damage gets low, turn off the PTA and set the IOD to the lowest setting.

Hope that helps.

------------------

Commodore Wold

ICV-Drakr, Spectre HQ (Antis)

Commanding Officer, Spectre HQ

Spectre Fleet

ICQ 4669033

Bang away at the Spacestation ye wishes to acquire. Once armor is down to around 300ish change thesetting of ye IOD to 10% and turn ye PTAs off. Fire ye IOD one shot at a time until armor drops real low and the INT is at 25 or below. THe Station should turn grey and start emitting its SOS Beacon. Dock as ye would any friendly spacestation and press Y when the siren begins and Capture station Y/N? starts a flashing on ye bridgeviewer.

When ye launch from the station it will be yours.

TTFN

[This message has been edited by Gallion (edited 10-01-2000).]

What they said as far as acually capping a station. What i need to know it what to do after.

I am playing a game as a raider and earler today i captured ss velary(something like that) orbiting around polar2. neway my question is, is there anything i can do to give it more ships and or missles to replace the ones i killed so that it can protect itself from attacks without me baby sitting it.

Eventually I beleive it will rebuild itself. You have to protect it until it can defend itself. wink.gif

------------------

Insurgent One, Rattler

ICV Necromancer, Spectre HQ (Antis)

Commander-In-Chief,

Insurgency

Official Tester,Battlecruiser Series

[email protected]

ICQ 12894104

quote:

is there anything i can do to give it more ships and or missles to replace the ones i killed so that it can protect itself from attacks without me baby sitting it.

Yeah, wait!. The crafts you may have destroyed during attacking of the station will be rebuild as time passes. Damaged ships that RTB-ed and docked or got towed back in will be repaired and available eventually. The station will have a full complement of ships and missiles again after a certain time.

If you have FC&C you can order crafts of nearby stations to protect your weak station.

Hope that helps.

------------------

Cmdr. Rico Jansen

GCV de Ruyter, Genesis (Moon)

16 Squadron Leader - Prime Fleet, Gamma Wing, 1st Squadron

Guest aramike01

If you do use the FC&C tactic that Steve mentioned, do use a probe to enter the region of the other stations, or your newly captured station will FALL FALL FALL while you are away. wink.gif

------------------

Vice Admiral Michael Kristophers

ICV-Intrepid Spectre (Antis)

Fleet Leader

Spectre Fleet

quote:

Originally posted by cmdr Keeling:

is there anything i can do to give it more ships and or missles to replace the ones i killed so that it can protect itself from attacks without me baby sitting it.

There is another option:

Ignore the fighters until you have captured the station and then finish off the offensive fighters after leaving the newly captured station. Most of the fighters and all of the cap ships will then still be intact AND be available for station defense.

------------------

Commander Tyrn Marcel

GCV Falcon, Wraith HQ (Lyrius)

S.O.G. Wing Leader - Wraith Fleet

"Hard, Fast, Furious... FIRST!"

Wraith S.O.G. Home

thanx. Yall were right today (monday) i checked it and it had 35 fighters 3 crusers 5 shuttles and 10 transports. when on saturday when i capped it it had only 2 shuttles and 5 transports. Im gona have to stop posting the second i find something wrong and be patient, Im tired of feeling stupid.

BTW, Im thinking of joining a fleet (prick... my blood is in the watter)

Since you are thinking about joining a fleet, could I intrest you in the insurgency?

------------------

Commodore Kyle Antilles

ICV-Eclipse, Destiny Starstation (Nevuela)

Commanding Officer, Destiny

Spectre Fleet

"You can only love or hate something you truly understand"

LOL!! (re: the blood in water gag)

as for feeling stupid, nah, don't worry about it - we don't care about stuff like that. Unless someone was one of the developers, everyone was pretty stupid at some point or another.

Be patient though.

Cmdr Keeling... if you don't mind being out-numbered by a bunch of lemmings look to the Insurgency..... biggrin.gif

course you could read the fleet faqs...just ignore everything but the Insurgency. wink.gif

------------------

Commodore Wold

ICV-Drakr, Spectre HQ (Antis)

Commanding Officer, Spectre HQ

Spectre Fleet

ICQ 4669033

"You can only love or hate something you truly understand"

i was already leaning that way, if i even join a fleat that is. i cant even stand the acm thing so im not sure im cut out for a fleat. if i go with a UCV ill be eather a raider or a trader, if trader i will i will buy from the galcommy and resuply the insurgants.

LOLOLOL

------------------

Cmdr. Keeling

UCV Constellation

Victory at all costs, victory in spite of all terror, victory however long and hard the road may be; for without victory there is no survival.

~ Winston Churchill ~