LOL...BUG!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

cmdr Keeling

LOL LOL LOL, this is not a question, its just a FUNNY glitch. Ok there is a STARSTATION named sovar that just randomly generated in zelina. Its just out there in the middle of nowhere!!! And here is the realy funny part, IT FLYS AROUND LIKE A SHIP AND CHASES NME's (hyperjumps and all) i can even order it to defend bc (with fc&c). LOL LOL this is the funnest thing i have ever seen. I used it to take out 2 other starstations (formidible weapon). Im not asking how to fix it (i dont want to) i just wanted to share so ev1 else could laugh as hard as me.

PS. LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL......

------------------

Cmdr. Keeling

UCV Constellation

Victory at all costs, victory in spite of all terror, victory however long and hard the road may be; for without victory there is no survival.

~ Winston Churchill ~

LOL! You found one of the hidden features that gonna be ported over to BC:M wink.gif j/k

Mommy I want a Starstation for christmas that follows my battlecruiser around the universe!

Guest aramike01

I've gotta see it before I believe it. Do me a favor - send a copy of that save game profile to [email protected] . I've gotta see it...

------------------

Vice Admiral Michael Kristophers

ICV-Intrepid, Spectre (Antis)

Fleet Leader

Spectre Fleet

Official Tester, Battlecruiser Series

Hey, I remember seeing this before... does anyone else remember? I think you're either using some mods that may cause some strange things or you have corrupted game. Anyways sure sounds funny smile.gif If you're sending your save game, please send one this way too biggrin.gif

[email protected]

------------------

Cmdr Jason Cloud

GCV Silver Lining, GENESIS (Moon)

26 Squadron Commander, 2nd squadron

Prime fleet, Gamma Wing

[This message has been edited by Papi (edited 10-15-2000).]

[This message has been edited by Papi (edited 10-15-2000).]

well ill send it, but for some reason it doesent move anymore, just sits there.

i do have it saved right when i first found it but it dosent work on that one eather(guess the grimlens went home).

the station is GAMULAN!!! from the alpha gama system, planet mantisi. but that dont explain y it is sitting by the jump gate in Lanix V-Zelana and its race/caste is terran/raider...LOL

[This message has been edited by cmdr Keeling (edited 10-15-2000).]

Ok i just want find out which files to send, the profile is the second from the top and the slot i saved this occurence in is the second from the top. Would this be player1*.*?

------------------

Cmdr. Keeling

UCV Constellation

Victory at all costs, victory in spite of all terror, victory however long and hard the road may be; for without victory there is no survival.

~ Winston Churchill ~

Guest aramike01

That should be profile 2.

------------------

Fleet Leader

Spectre Fleet

You can only love or hate what you truly understand!

quote:

the profile is the second from the top and the slot i saved this occurence in is the second from the top.

huh? slots and profiles are different.

quote:

Would this be player1*.*?

Yes; but incorrect terminology. Slots are 1-2-3 and profiles are 0-1-2. A profile incldes every file needed to reproduce a saved game. Slots are only what you see in the game.

------------------

Vice Admiral Chavik

ICV Phoenix, Sygan Starstation (Sygan)

Fleet Leader - Balor Fleet

Official BC3K Tester

When sending saved game files one should first identify the Player Slot. They start at Player0 and go on from there. Therefore, the 2nd Slot would be Player1. The save game slots are also identified in this nature. Again, the 2nd slot would be Save Game 1. Keeping this all in mind, The files you would need to send would be as follows:

Player1.cmd, Player1.cml, Player1.log, Player1.pro, and player1.sg1

Hope that clears everything up. wink.gif

------------------

Insurgent One, Rattler

ICV Necromancer, Spectre HQ (Antis)

Commander-In-Chief,

Insurgency

[email protected]

ICQ 12894104

"You can only love or hate something you truly understand"

Guest aramike01

Got it, thanks. I'll fire it up later this evening.

------------------

Fleet Leader

Spectre Fleet

You better share or I know somebody that's going to be transporting plastic doggie logs between Tau Ceti (Eori) and Regulus (Regis IV) for the rest of his adult life! wink.gif

------------------

Insurgent One, Rattler

ICV Necromancer, Spectre HQ (Antis)

Commander-In-Chief,

Insurgency

[email protected]

ICQ 12894104

Guest aramike01

Check yer inbox...incoming! wink.gif

------------------

Fleet Leader

Spectre Fleet

I just have to say i don't really call it a bug. More an anomaly. to me a bug is an error which interferes in the otherwise normal running of software, and a terrible bug is one which decreases the fun you could have with the game, because it really interferes.

this anomaly i would undoubtedly guess has arisen because bc3k is so complex. not that i know any degrees of that complexity...but with it being like this,, new things can happen all the time....which enhance our play, and has us saying "hey didnt see this before"

------------------

Captain Cruis In

ICV St. Helens, Sygan Starstation (Sygan)

CEO, Sygan Starstation

Balor Fleet

HEHE, on my running game the, uh, "gost" station flew right off the tacops map(headin back home to gamula i guess). Ill have to fly over there on a gam killing spree to see if it arived back home, LOL. cwm16.gif

------------------

Cmdr. Keeling

UCV Constellation

~ Winston Churchill ~

I tried the save game thnx Keeling. There appeared another station in the region which was on orbit around planet. I was able to dock with Sovar, but when left the station my bc came out from that other station and Sovar was some 13000 clicks away strange! cwm13.gif The info on Sovar informed that it is really a Gammulan station, just like you said. cwm12.gif

hmm i tried the save game too, but it just kept crashing, one point it rebooted. even more weird. darn others got it to work.

------------------

Captain Cruis In

ICV St. Helens, Sygan Starstation (Sygan)

CEO, Sygan Starstation

Balor Fleet