Hello all question here:

Guest Sorrow

Hi all- nice to see the place hopping and happy smile.gif

Lets see, I have been playing BC3k for about 4 months now and have a question or two for folks out here that seem to know a great deal cwm15.gif

Ok- first and MOST PRESSING question- I know BCM is coming up but I really have no desire to participate in the Beta. Until BCM comes out is there anywhere I can replace my original CD cheaply until it is released to stores? (I am thinking this will take a fair amount of time still). My current game is all that is holding me from a reformat on my hard drive since I found my CD became damaged while in my car from work. PS having your only working copy of BC on your work computer is a BAAAD thing.... I have taken to keeping all my copy on my desk to cover up the manuals when I play after work cwm6.gif

Other question- how long do I have to keep my crew on duty to get them above vegetable level????? Ok I will add I read the other posts on this first- but all I am looking for is the approximate amount of time you guys invest to accomplish much. ACM missions (as others have pointed out) usually leave your poor crew dumb as potatoes.

Ok last query- What systems are you guys playing on? My two computers both have problems (severe actually) in combat. The work one I bought a pair of Voodoo 2's and SLI'd them and in glide it's notably better. Does moving to <64 megs ram make THAT much of a difference? Because frankly Supreme Commanders post on what he ran to get hi-res screenshots cwm24.gif me! I can't afford a rig like that to play the game on cwm45.gif" TARGET=_blank>http://www.3000ad.com/ubb/cwmsmilies/cwm45.gif Well... maybe if I was single!

Oops! last (probably irrelevant) point. I have played Tribes for a looong time and was curious about the BCM FPS aspect. As a member of in tribes it sounds rather alot like a dream come true smile.gif

If SC ever wants a group of 50-120+ people to test the FPS part thoroughly we have all been dedicated to this stuff for over 2 years in most cases. Check out www.strategic-alliance.org for details - especaially our mission goals within tribes and rules sections.

Thats all for now smile.gif

Hello!

1)Check out www.pricewatch.com also some stores do have it in stock (not many though).

Also check out the main page for sales info.

2)Try to keep them until their FF is about 75% or so. Then send them off-duty. If you send them off-duty too-often/when their FF is low (below 70) then they don't learn much, and they'd much rather rest then go learn in the libary.

3)I play on a Celeron 533 w/ MMX, 64 RAM, B-16 3Dforce card (www.jaton.com). My computer runs it pretty well, except it likes to reset itself every 3-4 hours or so. RAM makes all the difference, the more RAM, the better. You'll have a noticeable improvment if you upgrade (ie 64-128).

4)Mmm...Tribes is good. Anyway I'm not qualifed to answer this point. cwm6.gif

1: I found my copy at the "local" micro center by (happy) accident.

2: I just leave the officers alone (stick them back on duty if they go off while i need them) the pilots however i take more care of, in an atempt to keep atlest 2 interceptors ready at all time.

3: Im doin upgrades right now, amd k6-3-500, 128mb of ram and about to add 128 more ram and a voodoo 5 (does that work with BC?). and I still have to avoid heavy battles, and THINK GOD im not the only one suffering from the random resets as Mikel reported.

------------------

Cmdr. Keeling

UCV Constellation

Victory at all costs, victory in spite of all terror, victory however long and hard the road may be; for without victory there is no survival.

~ Winston Churchill ~

well let me have a crack at this cwm17.gif

I'm not sure about everything, but you could check the stores by you and see if they have it. alos check online... I think BC3K is around 15 bucks.

I believe ACM happens to quickly to increase the AI mich, just play alot and do ground ops, or go to Gammula to get more action.

I play on a single voodoo 2, and b4 that I played on a voodoo banshee... only realy noticeable framerate drop was in the first ACM mission.

I'm not quakified to answer that one either.... but in did you know a guy that went by Super Troop?

------------------

Commodore Kyle Antilles

ICV-Eclipse, Destiny Starstation (Nevuela)

Commanding Officer, Destiny

Spectre Fleet

"You can only love or hate something you truly understand"

Hmm ok I will clarify slightly:

My hunt to buy: I have checked the sources listed here on the website:

Gt Interactive is a dead link- the company has closed it's webites.

JOAT is also dead- it's just a mindspring owned IP now.

Interplay and C&B both present the problem that they are US companies. The price from both is in the $11 dollar US range- very reasonable. But niether ship by US post... So the eventual "to my door" price is over $40. US. Incredibly unreasonable frown.gif

My original copy came off a rack of cheapie software as well- however those are just fluke findings now. If anyone spots a retailer shipping to Canada or is Canadian based with it PLEASE let me know! Or if you are from Canada and see it there I WILL buy it off you.

AI- I was just fishing for a time period in FF that people look at for reasonably intelligent crews. A measuring stick of sorts of how well or poorly I am doing. There are several great posts here that say how it's accumulated and the details involved.

I knew two Super's. I believe Supertroop played in Gold? company at first? then moved on. But I might be mistaking him for SuperPie cwm30.gif

We have had almost 1500 recruits come in and get trained in the last 2 years- some of the nicks are hard to remember cwm19.gif

Especially back when we were at the 200 member mark ! Now we are down to a trimmer 100 or so and most are long term residents.

Thanks for the replies!

as for Canadian retailers, I wouldn't really know, I live pretty far away from the border.

I don't think that there really is a "by this time such-and-such" I think it just depends upon what you do in your game.

I don't remember what company he was in... I just know that he was up in command somewhere b4 he left and joined up with my clan for awhile. He was a pretty decent player when his connection was working.

------------------

Commodore Kyle Antilles

ICV-Eclipse, Destiny Starstation (Nevuela)

Commanding Officer, Destiny

Spectre Fleet

"You can only love or hate something you truly understand"

1. Find a friend in the US. Have friend purchase the CD from Interplay and then the friend mails the CD to you and you pay the friend. Takes a bit of work and is not a terribly fast process but it works.

2. Vegetables: Weeks of activity and I mean game weeks. Do your best to work them to death, maim them, be cruel. Just don't let them die and don't let them stay injured long. As someone pointed out, there is no set scale. AI only increases as they are forced to adapt to new and painful situations. cwm23.gif

PIII 500

128MB RAM

ATI RAGE PRO 32MB

SB 512PCI

Keyboard only

------------------

Commander Tyrn Marcel

GCV Falcon, Wraith HQ (Lyrius)

Wing Leader - Wraith Fleet/S.O.G.

Fast, Furious... FIRST!"

Official BCM Beta Tester

[This message has been edited by Tyrn (edited 10-23-2000).]

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Deathstroke

1) Hey, Canadian right here. I purchased my copy a little less than a year ago... actually, more like six months. I found it in a Staples: Business Depot for dirt-cheap, and figured it'd be the quickest and easiest way to leave version 1-point-whatever behind me for all time. Staples is the only store I've seen that still carries it. If you're lucky, they still might... you'll probably have to go digging through the bargain-bin, though.

Just think of it like digging for gold. smile.gif

3) Cyrix 333MHz, 128RAM, Windows 98 (ugh), Voodoo 3 3000, and various gadgets and tweaks that don't do jack-squat, but make me feel like a big man. biggrin.gif

------------------

Commander Deathstroke

UCV Holy Trinity

MOTTO: "Our motto has been stolen by intruders!"

[This message has been edited by Deathstroke (edited 11-01-2000).]