New blood...

Guest John Hawk

Guest John Hawk

Hi all!

New (technically anyway) commander here.

I mostly posted to say "Hi!" but I have a couple of queries that ppl may be able to answer.

First let me make clear that I have read the manual. Several times actually. These issues are either not answered there, or not answered to my satisfaction.

ok..

Does the range of the IOD drop when you reduce the intensity? (e.g. 70% = 70% max range). I know the PTA range changes, but don't see anything that says about the IOD.

Does anyone else have their sound channels reversed when crew members speak? On my versions (v 2.09 & v 1.0) the picture appears on the right and the sound through the left channel and vice versa. Before anyone suggests it, no my speakers are not reversed, the sound setup is correct and BC3K is the only app that reverses them. Further to this, is there a way to simply reverse the channels? (e.g. a command line parameter perhaps?)

------------------

Cptn. John Hawk

UCV Avalon

"Do or do not! There is no try." - Master Yoda to Luke Skywalker

Guest Kirk Stroiker

Welcome to BC3K, Cmdr Hawk, regardless of alliance, it's always good to get new people.

quote:

Does the range of the IOD drop when you reduce the intensity? (e.g. 70% = 70% max range). I know the PTA range changes, but don't see anything that says about the IOD.

I'd assume it does, don't know for sure though. Check some other threads (completely) for similar related topics. Or just test it yourself.

quote:

Does anyone else have their sound channels reversed when crew members speak? On my versions (v 2.09 & v 1.0) the picture appears on the right and the sound through the left channel and vice versa.

I do, and I've got v2.09 too. But it doesn't really matter to me much.

Welcome aboard. Always nice to see a new face biggrin.gif

------------------

Commodore Kyle Antilles

ICV-Eclipse, Destiny Starstation (Nevuela)

Commanding Officer, Destiny

Spectre Fleet

"You can only love or hate something you truly understand"

Welcome to the final frontier. smile.gif

The IOD % is equal to power. More % = more punch. I don't think it has anything to do with range. I'm sure I will be swiftly corrected if I'm wrong about this. The airlock has been a busy place. wink.gif

------------------

Cmdr H. T. Wolferz

GCV-Kentucky, GALCOMHQ (EARTH)

Prime Fleet - Beta Wing

I just checked the manual again to make sure.

(I'm allergic to vacuum)

Quote from Page 45...

Ion-Disruptor Array, IOD

This indicator displays the current setting of the ship's main laser weapon system. Arming the weapons system activates the Ion Disruptor Array laser. The strength of the laser intensity determines the amount of damage inflicted on the target. The higher the setting, the slower the recharge rate, and the slower the firing rate.

You can (left click) on this symbology to adjust the laser settings.

End Quote.

------------------

Cmdr H. T. Wolferz

GCV-Kentucky, GALCOMHQ (EARTH)

Prime Fleet - Beta Wing

Welcome aboard Cptn. John Hawk!

I don't know for sure if the IOD power setting affects range, but when I have it set to 10% going for starstation capture it seems that I have to get pretty close before I hear the shots hitting home so my guess would be that range is affected by the power setting.

------------------

Commodore Wold

ICV-Drakr, Spectre HQ (Antis)

Commanding Officer, Spectre HQ

Spectre Fleet

ICQ 4669033

"You can only love or hate something you truly understand"