Planet Attack

Guest Roknor

Hello, so far I'm have fun with BC3K, it is a bit addictive. Right now I'm doing the Gammula Attack Run and doing some planetary bombardment.

Doing the OTS nukes seems like an easy way to get experience points, and sending in my Battle Cruiser can easily destroys all in its path.

Now I'm trying to do it the hard way.

First I'm sending in my Interceptors for air support and bombing the zone. Its kind of risky and I usually lose an Interceptor. And deploying troops is kind of hard.

I was wondering if anybody had any tips for me?

Thanx

Take out starbase launch pads, along with SAMs and SALs first.

TTFN

------------------

Rear Admiral Gallion

ICV-Graf Spee, Spectre (Antis)

Executive Officer, Spectre Fleet

"You can only love or hate something you truly understand."

Official Tester, Battlecruiser Series

Leader, Team 1

My pilots seem to take their time in distroying the SAM and SAL. Also my poor marines are just taking a beating with 50% to 60% causlty (ie. dead).

Another odd problem I'm having with my troops is getting them out of there. I try flagging them [ctrl] + [left click] and transporting them out. But they stay planet side.

Guest Roknor

Something kind of strange has happen to one of my marines. (Something similar to what happen to William Riker.)

After waying waste to a Valkerie settlement, I transported my marines out of there. But one marine (#37) kind of remained on the surface. I say kind of because he is also aboard my BattleCruiser! I can order the surface bound marine around, but can't transport nor pick him up with a shuttle. Mean while back on board #37 is in the Medibay.

Ideally I would like to get these two back together again. Does anyone know how?

execute him and recruit another. i had the same thing happen once b4.

------------------

Commodore Kyle Antilles

ICV-Eclipse, Destiny Starstation (Nevuela)

Commanding Officer, Destiny

Spectre Fleet

"You can only love or hate something you truly understand"

Either way, he dies, so you can replace him. Execution is faster.

------------------

Commodore Kyle Antilles

ICV-Eclipse, Destiny Starstation (Nevuela)

Commanding Officer, Destiny

Spectre Fleet

"You can only love or hate something you truly understand"

quote:

My pilots seem to take their time in distroying the SAM and SAL.

The SEAD order works best. Also, it depends on their BA skills. Though they don't drop bombs per se, it means the same thing - the ability to prosecute ground targets.

quote:

execute him and recruit another

LOL!!

Guest Roknor

What I have that kind of helps my pilots during their bombing mission is to assign targets for them.

With the SEAD order, they tend to fly around the zone and fire a few missiles (which go nowhere near the target) and generally just provide target pratice for the SAL's and SAM's (luckily they got just a bad aim).

But at TACOPS if I IC# -> ORDER -> ATTACK -> ENEMY -> SAL(or whatever), then the pilots get right on it and BOOM, one dead SAL.

As for marine, at least I don't have recuit a new one because he is a live on well on board. It's his duplicate that found the perfect vacation spot on Gummal.

• 3 weeks later...

Another suggestion for planet attack...

Through TACOPS, if you are familiar with the waypoint system, you could set your Interceptors to quickly move in, eliminate their designated target, return, re-arm, and then you can set them up for the next wave. Once all defenses are pretty much eliminated, drop the ATV's and marines to do the dirty work. cwm7.gif

------------------

Cadet Delgard

GCV-Lambast, Orion Starstation (CENTRIS)

Cadet, Orion Fleet Academy

http://www.orionfleet.com