New Commander

BCFreak13

I wanted to know if all of you "seasoned" veterans could help with with taking over Pixan. I have all the upgrades, I use version 2.9. Every time I go in there it seems that it launches every ship it has at me and I turn to run but by then POOF! I am gone. I always stay pretty far away from it, but it's interceptors are too fast for my battlecruiser. I need help badly!!

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Shingen

Look in the Tips and Tricks forum and do a search for "capture" and "Starstation". You'll find all the info you'll ever need.

hehehehe here, I did it for ya:

Read this

[ 04-27-2001: Message edited by: Shingen ]

Shouldn't do this but I am going to anyway:

I never use missiles in BC3K, OTS weapons yes but missiles no.

Shield type is important but not the most important upgrade available.

Reactor type is the most important upgrade available.

1. The single most valuable weapon on a BC are the PTA systems.

2 & 3. The single most important upgrade is your reactor (best with the KR artifact). Why? A fully upgraded reactor can keep the PTA at 100% with rapid fire. If the shields start to suffer from the energy drain (not recharging fast enough), reorient the ship to take advantage of the solar reactor.

To take down a station (or capture it).

Power PTA to 100%, IOD to 50%

Attack the station head on at full speed firing IOD the whole way

Watch the station turrets, when they look like they're getting close veer off and hit the afterburners

Repeat until station is destroyed

To capture a station repeat until armor is 500-1000

Kill PTA and drop IOD to 20% correction 10%

Continue pecking at the station until it goes SOS

Dock with SOS station

WARNING: Do not use this tactic against certain Gammulan stations as it will guarantee your early retirement.

[ 04-28-2001: Message edited by: Tyrn ]

Guest Shingen

I'm gonna throw in my own tactics, though they might be a little 'under-handed', they seem to work for me just fine. With these tactics, I've managed to captures Pixan, Sygan, Idan, Gamma1, and a few other 'enemy' bases.

First:

Jump into the system and target the starstation in your FPI. Don't jump to the station, just target it. The station will then send out it's attack craft at you in descending order from the smallest fighters, to the largest carriers. This is the dangerous part, so make sure you know how to use your PTA weapons and your EMD. DON'T use your interceptors if your still early in the game, 'cause they will become toast quick!

After you have defeated all of the station's attack craft, then target the station again, and jump to it. When you get in range, the station will fire it's missiles at you. Simply jump out of range of the missiles and repeat until the station is out. Then you can start your assault!

Use you PTA weapons to deplete the station's shields and lower it's hull intergrity. When the station gets to like 1500 hull points (it starts at 25000 so this might take awhile) turn OFF YOUR PTA and set your primary laser to 20%. Continue until the station's hull integrity reaches about 65%, then lower your laser to 10%. Carefully fire your laser until the station reaches 25%-21%, then capture it! If the hull intregrity falls below 15% (i think) the station will explode!!

Also, when you are engaging the station, fly in a manner that avoids it's fire. The stations will eventually fire only periodically. You can fly in between these bursts and get really close to the station, but be careful 'cause those stations pack quite a punch, and will chew through your shields they weren't even there, causing multiple hull breaches!

This method has work for me in every instance, but you can find your own way if you wanna.

quote:

originally posted by Tyrn:

WARNING: Do not use this tactic against certain Gammulan stations as it will guarantee your early retirement.

quote:

Originally posted by Epsilon 5:

Why that?

(p.s : how do you do the colors?)

Certain of the Gammulan/Valkerie stations carry a very very very very nasty breed of anti-capital ship missile. Using my listed tactic alone is a good way to find out just how effective these beasties are. Let me put this in perspective for you Vagrants have a range of 15KM and a blast energy of 500. The station missiles my crew lovingly calls spiders have a range of 125KM and a blast energy of 1500!

As to the colors, note the phrase to the left of the text box and immediately above "UBB Code is enabled" the next time you post.

quote:

The station missiles my crew lovingly calls spiders have a range of 125KM and a blast energy of 1500!

They could be *SDM-Widow missiles. Max range is 125km, blast energy is 2500

*Station Defense Missile

[ 04-28-2001: Message edited by: Supreme Cmdr ]

quote:

As to the colors, note the phrase to the left of the text box and immediately above "UBB Code is enabled" the next time you post.

HTML? Waaa... I can't remember the last time I used that form of coding.

quote:

Certain of the Gammulan/Valkerie stations carry a very very very very nasty breed of anti-capital ship missile

I'm getting good at evading them... lot of training with the EMD, but the Linear/IV is VERY important... can't evade them all, but sometimes I run out of luck and 3 or 4 hit me like in a chain... ouch. One time I was still alive after that Engine, reactor, weapons and logistix out... I was out of the turret firing angle... took 5 secs for my shuttle to launch, tow my BC and get me outta here.

Thanks for the help. I finally captured Pixan, but all it's support craft launched and ran away, after destroying my engine, interceptors and , sadly, Pixan. Well, I will have to try again but I think I have the hang of it. Thanks again!!!

About color:

HTML TAG: <FONT color="#rrggbb">...</FONT>

Example:

<FONT color="#FFFF00">Yellow</FONT>

Yellow

Where rr=red component (00-FF), gg=green component (00-FF) and bb=blue component (00-FF). Values are in hexadecimal (base 16), you count from 0-9 then A-F (10-15) before beginning the next "column". E.g. 00..09, 0A..0F, 10..19, 1A..1F, 20..29, 2A..2F, etc. So your values range from 0 to 255 in decimal...

[ 04-30-2001: Message edited by: Joel Schultz ]

quote:

Originally posted by Supreme Cmdr:

They could be *SDM-Widow missiles. Max range is 125km, blast energy is 2500

*Station Defense Missile

Ah c'mon SC! Make 'em read the manual, I gave 'em enough clues to get started. ...wait, 2500 blast energy? The weapons appendix (appendix D) lists those monsters as 1500, glad I didn't know this the first time I ventured into the depths! I remember fondly my first venture into Gam space under the ACM. No wonder I was dead in the water with 52% armor after tangling with Gammula.

OK, I'm gonna share my way of taking Pixan. First, go into the system CLOAKED, and stay cloaked. Make sure you are LOADED with Vagrants, and I mean full, load the shuttles up with them if you have to, but load up BIG time. Go to pixan, sit at the North pole of the station, and then launch every vagrant you've got. Then move to the south pole, STILL CLOAKED. Wait until ALL your vagrants have hit, look at where she sits as far as damage, then launch one vagrant at a time, your within 7K aren't you. then just pounce on her until she screams, keep moving around, never sit in one spot, she'll smoke ya, if you feel it may be too close and you may destroy her with another missile, shoot her with your ODS at 50% and turn it down as the damage mounts, when she screams, DOCK. You now have the station, and it is fully loaded with all its ships, and guess what, they are ALL YOURS, to do with as you please!!!

Have done it this way forever, and boy do I like having all those ships to protect her while I'm off doing other things.

quote:

The weapons appendix (appendix D) lists those monsters as 1500

I was talking about BCM values.

quote:

About color:

Using the words green, yellow, red, lightgreen, blue etc, also work. Which means you don't need the decimal values.

[ 04-30-2001: Message edited by: Supreme Cmdr ]

Well, I think i will leave Gammulan space well enough alone. Man, I had a hard time capturing Pixan, and that's supposedly the easiest to capture. I know I am the newbie here, but I wanted to share another tactic I used against a Valkerie staratation.

1. It is easiest to be a trader while doing this, the starstation won't attack you.

2. wait for another caste to attack it.

3. jump into the starstation.

4. The type of station this was was the one that you can fly into the middle of it's super structure.

5. keep flying through with EMD on, and also just blast away using PTA and IOD set at a setting that's comfortable to you. If you need to fire a missle or two.

6. repeat as neccesary

Another tactic I've used against star stations is:

A. match speed with the starstation

B. target the planet on the other side, using an ODS

C. Fire and watch as that sucker hits good old Mr. Starstation and nearly SOS's it.

Enjoy!

And also Supreme Commander, how do you get the spinning Centcom symbol in your signature?

quote:

What are those centaur missiles then?

They are STO* designated

*Space To Orbit

quote:

And also Supreme Commander, how do you get the spinning Centcom symbol in your signature?

Use UBB code. The image being used is at www.3000ad.com/images/gclogo.gif

Go into your profile and add it to your sig.

You can only use this sig if you are a commander in a GALCOM fleet, though.