New Commander

BCFreak13

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OK, experimenting with color keywords (thanks for the tip, SC)

black

gray

grey

white

red

orange

yellow

green

blue

purple

violet

pink

lightgreen

bluegreen

lightblue

magenta

turquoise

gold

brown

silver

vermillion

indigo

scarlet

tan

yellowgreen

amber

salmon

jade

teal

Brings back memories, this does. Ah, Crayola...

[ 04-30-2001: Message edited by: Joel Schultz ]

Sorry Shingen. Gallion already has a skull and crossbones.

You have your work cut out for you. If you want a unified gif you become a fleet. Guess what? Not possible with "indies".

quote:

Brings back memories, this does. Ah, Crayola...

LOL!!! oh, you child

quote:

You have your work cut out for you. If you want a unified gif you become a fleet. Guess what? Not possible with "indies".

Indies can have theirs I think, its just that I don't want it abused. I mean, you could have several Raider caste factions, all with a different insignia. Then again, who said there was anything organized about Raiders anyway?

Guest Shingen

[RP]

Yeah, fleets are good for a few things.. mostly comic relief, and flappin' their gums... just remember these target shoot back!

[/RP]

Well, I looked around at the images and decided on one I hope is not used for a certain insignia. How do you like?

byt the way, I also changed the name of my vessel seeing as how Uniden is the name of a phone company. If there is any conflict with my new logo or vessel name please feel free to tell me! thanks!!! Oh my, AW Man why did it do that I will have to try to fix my sig. hmmmmmmm

[ 05-01-2001: Message edited by: BCFreak13 ]

I'm picturing a lone Indie cruising through space that he/she doesn't belong in.

Indie Helmsperson: Cmdr, an enemy vessel is decloaking off the port bow,... and the starboard bow,... and the bow,... and the stern! This does NOT look go.... (Sound of huge explosion)

Cmdr Wolferz: Send a shuttle to pick up what's left.

All in good fun of course

Guest Shingen

Yeah, I guess fleets have mastered the skill of ganging up on targets like rabid dogs, but us indies have fight one on one... we can't call home to 'big brother' to help us...

(all in good fun, of course)

quote:

Originally posted by Shingen:

Yeah, I guess fleets have mastered the skill of ganging up on targets like rabid dogs, but us indies have fight one on one... we can't call home to 'big brother' to help us...

(all in good fun, of course)

...your disadvantage. The galaxy ain't fair.

I have to agree with Mike on this one. When was the last time you saw an American Carrier alone in the South China Sea?

They don't call them Battle Groups for nothing you know.

Just stand clear when the tide rolls in, and you should be fine.

quote:

Originally posted by Shingen:

We all got our advantages and our disadvantages... your's is numbers, our's is being underestimated...

Heh, with the trash talk you fly to fleets, your OTHER disadvantage is not having resources - who's gonna be hiring you?

Also, I never underestimate my foes. I respect what they can do but I KNOW what my ship, my fleet, and my people can do.

Enjoy your flight, merc.

Guest Shingen

Who says I got no resources??? You?? I got a whole galaxy of resources that don't have jack to do with fleets... sorry, but you still haven't sold me...

As for talkin' trash about fleets, hey, you guys talk trash about us, so if you can't take the heat stay away from the flame...

..and for not gettin' any jobs from fleets?? ..man you're breakin' my heart.. really you are...

[ 05-02-2001: Message edited by: Shingen ]

Look, I just don't see the fun in being an indie. Trading and being a mercenary has it's limits. But if you like your job, fine. I won't lose sleep over it. In multiplayer you are going to be against every one. C'ause you got no allies. We have pilots galore to protect us. Sure some may be a little bad. but even they do damage and you can only survive so long. C'ya on the battle field.

quote:

Who says I got no resources??? You?? I got a whole galaxy of resources that don't have jack to do with fleets... sorry, but you still haven't sold me...

Those resources don't have anything to do with being a MERC, either. If you're going to be a merc, your purpose would be to get hired by fleets and organizations. If you trash talk practically every fleet, alliance, and organization, you have no resources that would make you a mercenary. Inasmuch, you'd simply be a trader, or scavenger.

quote:

As for talkin' trash about fleets, hey, you guys talk trash about us, so if you can't take the heat stay away from the flame...

Uhm, dude, calm down. First of all, there isn't a single fleet person (in any fleet) that "can't take the heat" from an indie. Secondly, you can talk all the trash you want - but your business will suffer. If WE (fleet people) talk trash and you don't like it, we just go to other mercs. Personally, if *I* ever hire a merc, it will be a reputable one that hasn't threatened my fleet (regardless of how empty that threat may be).

quote:

..and for not gettin' any jobs from fleets?? ..man you're breakin' my heart.. really you are...

If you can't get jobs anywhere, you're simply a trader with an armed ship. No interest to any fleet whatsoever.

Unless, of course, they want to commandeer your cargo...

I agree with the above post. indies are here, they have value, but in the BC3K 2.9 I am sick and tired of saving them. They are mostly unarmed and sitting ducks. Why I risk my crew, which have been through alot & have high AI levels, for some one dumb enough to fly through Raider territory in an vessel with out any weapons is beyond me. I'd just as soon destroy it and take the cargo. But that's just my opinion. There are many of those around here. They are all different too.

Guest Shingen

quote:

Those resources don't have anything to do with being a MERC, either. If you're going to be a merc, your purpose would be to get hired by fleets and organizations. If you trash talk practically every fleet, alliance, and organization, you have no resources that would make you a mercenary. Inasmuch, you'd simply be a trader, or scavenger.

So basically what you're saying is that in order for an Indie to get work in BC:M, he has to grovel to the fleets is that it? What I'm hearing you say is that you want indies who will basically lick your boots and kiss your ass, well if that's what it takes, then you can surely count me out. I ain't never had a brown-nose in my life, and I ain't starting now... if that makes me a trader or a scavenger, well I can live with that...

quote:

Uhm, dude, calm down. First of all, there isn't a single fleet person (in any fleet) that "can't take the heat" from an indie. Secondly, you can talk all the trash you want - but your business will suffer. If WE (fleet people) talk trash and you don't like it, we just go to other mercs. Personally, if *I* ever hire a merc, it will be a reputable one that hasn't threatened my fleet (regardless of how empty that threat may be).

I can take this either one of two ways, so since.. this is all in fun and all, (I ain't been using the [rp] tags 'cause no one else is either)

What makes you think that my 'business' will be dependant on fleets?? This is supposed to be a diverse and dynamic universe, right? ..so I guess that means that there might be a whole lot of misc castes/races that might need my 'services'. ..and like I said, if I gotta grovel to get your 'business' then I'll find some other 'business' to do... that's what it means to be Independent. Merc, trader, scavenger, whatever, and it sure as hell beats taking orders from you fleet types.

Y'all may have strength in numbers and unlimited resources, but I like my choice just fine...

quote:

Unless, of course, they want to commandeer your cargo...

I'll leave that to their discretion... if they got any..