The R.A.N.D.O.M. Weapon

Guest $iLk

Guest $iLk

What is it really for? Is it a weapon of deterence or has GALACTIC COMMAND gone off the deep end? I'm interested in the story behind it. Why was it built? And most scary of all , will it be available in BCM and GCO?

quote:

What is it really for?

Read the artifacts section of the manual appendix

quote:

Is it a weapon of deterence or has GALACTIC COMMAND gone off the deep end?

I'm interested in the story behind it. Why was it built?

Read the history section of the manual

quote:

And most scary of all , will it be available in BCM

Yes

quote:

and GCO?

No

• 2 weeks later...

quote:

Read the artifacts section of the manual appendix

Which only follows the original bc3k manual. Granted, it is available for download.

quote:

Read the history section of the manual

Which doesn't mention r.a.n.d.o.m. at all. Perhaps it will mention it in the BCM manual, but that is one thing we do not have. (Or have you posted it where I could not see?)

And, thanks for not adding it to gco. It would be unbearable.

Guest $iLk

Come to think of it, it would really suck in GCO. All the players are on a planet taking a break and trading and talking when all of the sudden, *BOOM* and everyone on that server is gone... scary

• 2 years later...

Ok Harder Question, I have recently used the R.A.N.D.O.M. on a planet [(Gamma 2) HPS dont fail me now!!] and the manual says there is a way to Retrieve it but I dont know how I have launched myself on a shuttle to the Blast Sight, But havent figured how to Retrieve it. Please tell me so i can Silence those Evil Voices in my head again. Tell Me I need to kill again and again and again. Yours in the Ter/Mil Commander VLAD of the new GCV-Bloodaft. My not so Alter-Ego.

quote:

Originally posted by Raider/Pirate VLAD:

Ok Harder Question, I have recently used the R.A.N.D.O.M. on a planet [(Gamma 2) HPS dont fail me now!!] and the manual says there is a way to Retrieve it but I dont know how I have launched myself on a shuttle to the Blast Sight, But havent figured how to Retrieve it. Please tell me so i can Silence those Evil Voices in my head again. Tell Me I need to kill again and again and again. Yours in the Ter/Mil Commander VLAD of the new GCV-Bloodaft. My not so Alter-Ego.

cant retrieve anymore, gotta buy a new one

u should know that VLAD

Well that Bites. 8 mill is easy to come by as a Raider/Pirate but significantly harder as a Terran Military Commander. Guess my first carrer was better. Time to betray Galcom again... Why did they mention that in the manual then. Thats a tad annoying. Oh well, Time to kill for the fun of it, not for strategic militarial advantage.

P.S. if your wondering where it says that its in the Installed Apendix

8. R.A.N.D.O.M - RANDOM ACCESS NUCLEAR DISRUPTOR FOR OBSOLETE MATTER

Use:

This is a very devastating weapon. It works as a normal OTS weapon and must be launched from TACOPS. On impact, it will destroy everything on the planet leaving it totally barren and altering its topology, weather, ozone layer etc. The weapon itself is indestructible and this allows you to go back and retrieve it for later use. Use with caution. If you use this weapon, you will be court-martialed.

Ill save up and buy a random for each planet then I will paint symbols on them like "smiley faces" and hearts and words like "Love" then I will launch them but when they Hit their targets they wont blow up, instead a clone of Resnig will pop out ....