game careers

I have never plated before and Mellennium will be my first B.C. game.

By looking at the manual that came with the demo episode 1 (wich I couldn't get working)it seemed that a battlecruiser career is the only type of career you could choose yet all the reviews I read say there were other choices. Is this true or am I just missing something?

Any response would be greatly appreciated

Thank You

[ 06-03-2001: Message edited by: Commander ZIX ]

[ 06-03-2001: Message edited by: Commander ZIX ]

Yes, the battlecruiser manual was only talking about one kind of carreer. That's because it is really the manual of version 2. Because there is no BCM manual yet, the SC snuck this one in so you can get a feel of what most of the systems are suppost to do, and what the whole idea behind the battlecruiser series is. It doesn't cover the new things in BCM, but it should suit for this demo. The SC said he will or has contracted a person to make the manual and/or a strategy guide. But ofcourse that isn't ready yet until after the game is gold.

If you read the readme file (the one with the links to download sites an all) at the bottom you will see there will be several career modes, first demo only has you being a commander in space, the second demo will have you flying a fighter(planet and space) or shuttle craft(planet only), and IIRC the 3rd gets you to do the dirty work in the mud being a marine. If I don't R(emember)C(orrectly), check that file yourself please. In the full BCM game you will have the full choice between these carreer modes. (commander, fighter/shuttle pilot, marine) But reason this demo left the other careers out are because of size.

Hope this clarifies enough for you