Ordered BCM, and now waiting .........

JAY

Well I am soooo eager to get my mits on this game, living in England I guess it will take some time to get to me...anybody know how long it may take...even though its not officially out is it still ready for shipping ?

Uh, read the Demo Readme File. First off, the game hasn't gone gold yet. The Version Control File will give you a hint on how much more development is left.

In simpler terms, it ain't ready for shipping yet.

The VCF (above) also shows work in progress, known bugs, and other stuff still to do before releasing the game. The smaller the list becomes, the closer we are to having the game released.

quote:

...anybody know how long it may take...even though its not officially out is it still ready for shipping ?

Not officialy out is just scratching the surface. What, do you think the game is done, and they are just waiting for the release date to go before selling? That would be a serious mistake, considering that creating a game is harder than you'd ever think. The new engines, and graphics are cutting-edge, making the process a little tougher. Don't worry, though. They're almost done. The main parts of the game are complete, and will be in the Episode 2 Demo (still waiting--was supposed to be released 6-20 and its now 6-22, due to 3rd-party ftp host problems).

A long time back, the original release date was (i think) 5/7/01, and has been tentative. Current release date is 7/2/01. Probably might change, as more of the game gets debugged, and fixed.

The dev process and the speed they do it at relys on the Beta Testers, and their wonderful efficiency. I'd be surprised to have even have 1 demo, had SC not started Beta last year.

---

For all you newbies, SC is Supreme Commander, aka Derek Smart, creator of the BC games. Supreme Commander is his username here on the message board.

[ 06-22-2001: Message edited by: Cmdr Nova ]

Posted by Cmdr Nova "For all you newbies, SC is Supreme Commander, aka Derek Smart, creator of the BC games. Supreme Commander is his username here on the message board."

I am always wondering if that's really him.

For all we know SC could be some crazed hacker who likes Battlecruiser games so much he has turned his bedroom into a reproduction of the bridge of a Battlecruiser.

On topic: I pre-order at my local EBX and when i came on the 19th of June to pick up my copy of BCM they said it has been pushed back till the 2nd of July (I hope it does not go back any more , but i can wait)

I can't wait and the anticipation is killing me.

quote:

For all we know SC could be some crazed hacker who likes Battlecruiser games so much he has turned his bedroom into a reproduction of the bridge of a Battlecruiser.

Uh, yeah - that's why he's the guy releasing all the patches.

PS: Game_ender, that signature isn't appropriate here. Please remove it. Thanks.

[ 06-22-2001: Message edited by: aramike ]

Game Ender...

You're not alone okay!!!!!!!

Geez Louise!!!!!

I'm trying to be Zen about the whole thing.

If you watch a kettle it will never boil.

If you keep posting how much you want the game, it'll drive me CRAZY!!!

I will change the signature. But i meant that as a joke. Of course SC is Derek Smart. By crazed hacker i didn't mean Derek Smart was a crazed hacker i meant someone who had the computer knowledge to know exactly where BCM was in developement and everything else about BC games.

[ 06-23-2001: Message edited by: Game_Ender ]

quote:

What if The SC played mp online?

also many people will be using the user name SC or derik or mr. smart online just to share in the glory that all other BCM gamers will give them for being THE SC.

The SC will have the first on-line MP account. There can be only one

TTFN

For all those poor ignorant souls who managed not to find BC3K 2.0 anywhere in the world.

(Myself not excluded. )

Too bad that they aren't manufacturing more... I'm sure they'd get at least a few thousand sales if they made it available again.

[edited:]

(Factory-to-warehouse direct, of course, since I do have an inkling of how expensive it is to distribute things to retailers.)

They wouldn't make the big bucks from it, but they'd still turn in at least a little bit of profit... wouldn't they?

[ 06-27-2001: Message edited by: Spuzzum ]

Why? WHY? You ask WHY???

Why Man, the obvious reason.

a) It's a work of genius. That's why.

B) You'd get to see where it all began.

c) You can fire it up and play it on your Pentium 100 while you're waiting for your GeForce to arrive in the mail.

d) You can show your children the wonderous midi music that Daddy used to listen to while playing computer games.

And finally, the number one reason why SC should include the original BC3K in the BCM release...

It still kicks Wing Commander's **s all over town, into next Tuesday.

It's too bad about the Interplay thing. It's nice when developers do that. In this case, I understand why you can't.

quote:

Originally posted by Kush:

Why? WHY? You ask WHY???

Why Man, the obvious reason.

a) It's a work of genius. That's why.

B)

You'd get to see where it all began.

c) You can fire it up and play it on your Pentium 100 while you're waiting for your GeForce to arrive in the mail.

d) You can show your children the wonderous midi music that Daddy used to listen to while playing computer games.

And finally, the number one reason why SC should include the original BC3K in the BCM release...

It still kicks Wing Commander's **s all over town, into next Tuesday.

It's too bad about the Interplay thing. It's nice when developers do that. In this case, I understand why you can't.

Yes but BCM has every feature of the original.

quote:

You werew listening to THAT music!!! Argh! I always have winamp in the background playing MP3 while blasting stuff with my IOD and PTA in BC3k watching them DIE on my CVD while they RTB while the CMO treath their EFM for injuries taken from my PAD... time to go and use that TMCD and go SAD...