Thank you Derek

BCFreak13

I think I speak for every one when I say thank-you for taking the time to develop the Battlecruiser series. I also thank you for making patches for the games so they can be even better. I also thank you for putting up this Online Forum. Your help is also appreciated when ever we encounter troubles, enemies that we think are impossible to destroy or even our own stupidity (sometimes). I also thank you for putting up the fleets and their respective boards, the general forum, and all other "goodies" for us. Thank you for working soooo hard on Battlecruiser Millennium(I know my spelling is horrible I am doing this at 4 in the morning.) and all those extras that we love soo much.

THANK YOU DEREK SMART

Guest Commander Hamblin

You know, I only just recently found out you don't have to kiss ass around here. He's going to release the game anyway!

What a sweet deal, huh?

[ 07-06-2001: Message edited by: Commander Hamblin ]

Guest Commander Hamblin

quote:

Originally posted by Menchise:

Relax Jim. Expressing one's appreciation is a nice change from all the ranting detractors we read about.

I'm sorry? Detractors? This site is a haven for Derek-worshippers. Hardly a detractor in sight. If anything, this is more normal and regular than anything else.

I'm not saying there's anything wrong with throwing yourselves on your knees, and dedicating your heart, lungs, liver and soul towards Derek (Though what he'd want with your liver is beyond me ), but it's just not for me.

I like the game, end of story.

I for one really appreciate the fact that as a developer he stuck around. He believed in his product and himself and he stuck to his vision and turned what could have been a total disaster into a truly great game.

Richard Gariot didn't do that.

John Romero didn't do that.

I could go on.

There are enough people 'out there' on the net going over old crap, taking cheap shots at the guy. I think it's okay to have one place where people who appreciate his hard work can pat him on the back and say THANKS.

(Don't worry about inflating his ego. I think he can handle it )

now youve done it! Every time Derek is complimented he has to step away from coding the game to respond to these silly threads.

Because of you, the release of the game was postponed for FIVE WHOLE SECONDS!!!

AARGH!!!!! BURN BURN BURN

LO freakin' L!

But think about that carefully. If he waits five seconds, he might miss a traffic light when driving to the grocery store to get his food. And then he'd have to wait another 45 seconds.

DAMN YOU ALL!

*ahem*

quote:

I'm sorry? Detractors? This site is a haven for Derek-worshippers. Hardly a detractor in sight. If anything, this is more normal and regular than anything else.

We are talking about the other websites. Like VE.

quote:

Though what he'd want with your liver is beyond me

With 2 livers, he could filter alcohol twice as fast!

quote:

Because of you, the release of the game was postponed for FIVE WHOLE SECONDS!!

False. It increased his mood level of 3 points, and thus increased his productivity of 6% over 3 hours... think about it... (played too much diablo2...)

quote:

But think about that carefully. If he waits five seconds, he might miss a traffic light when driving to the grocery store to get his food. And then he'd have to wait another 45 seconds.

...or he could "miss" the red light and not to have to stop at it and restart a few secs after.

Guest Commander Hamblin

quote:

Originally posted by aramike:

Hambin, if you didn't want to participate in the thread, you should not have posted, period.

Who said I didn't want to participate in the thread?

BCFreak13,

Trust me, you speak for all of us. Even grumpy old Commander Hamblin.

Now if we could just find the Stone of NVidia, we could increase his Code Skill by 7 points and with the Boots of Neversleep, Derek could finish the game tomorrow.

quote:

Because of you, the release of the game was postponed for FIVE WHOLE SECONDS!!!

quote:

quote:

False. It increased his mood level of 3 points, and thus increased his productivity of 6% over 3 hours... think about it...

quote:

...or he could "miss" the red light and not to have to stop at it and restart a few secs after.

Ok Nurse, pass me that scalpel, were going to disect Mr. Smart's life,

[ 07-07-2001: Message edited by: Baloogan ]

Guest Commander Hamblin

quote:

Originally posted by Baloogan:

Ok Nurse, pass me that scalpel, were going to disect Mr. Smart's life,

Life?

Who authorised him to have a life?

*shakes head, walks off sighing*

quote:

Originally posted by Commander Hamblin:

Who said I didn't want to participate in the thread?

Let me rephrase that ... if you're simply going to DETRACT from what someone else is saying, don't participate. No need to argue or call anyone an "asskisser".

That should be clear enough, I think.

I think it's my turn to make a few things clear.

1. Hamblin, I hope your last post was intended to be humourous. In fact, it had better be.

2. In my opinion, expressing one's appreciation is not ass kissing.

3. I think the friction in this thread should stop right now.

[ 07-08-2001: Message edited by: Menchise ]

I heartily agree. Can all of the guys in this thread just do up your zips and put an end to this measuring contest?

Hamblin, what's the bug up your backside?

Guest Commander Hamblin

Well, if you couldn't see the blatant humour...eh.

*shrugs*

Humour...not a very easy thing to grasp, is it?

Now, I'm sure that my statements may have been construed as insulting. I mean, seeing as I used none of those very annoying " " smilies, or somewhat less annoying " " smilies. So, I suppose my humour may have been difficult to grasp.

Now, I understand that I may be seen as an arrogant gasbag, or a pretentious git, or a pompous ass. Or I may have been seen as having some sort of grudge, or some point to my somewhat insane rambling.

Well, let me put paid to that right away. No, there was no point to anything I said. No, I was not trying to insult anyone. No, I was not trying to detract from this site, Mr Smart, anyone else, blah blah blah. If you see my personal brand of humour as such, then I'll stop, and we can all return to the same, dull routine of threads laced with "We love you Mr Smart", and "When will this absolutely rocking game come out?".

I'll just return to my lurkdome before I find another ban slapped on my ass (Which is still sore from the last one).

Exit, stage left!

*Runs off*

[ 07-08-2001: Message edited by: Commander Hamblin ]

Darn, I missed Hamblin's post. I'm so sad.

On a more serious note...

Can anyone in the Beta toss us non beta people a bone as to how things look without breaking the NDA?

It's been a while since the SC allowed Beta people to talk about the game and I'm just dying to get any little scrap or crumb of how things look.

From the VCF it looks like things are getting real close, and I'd love to hear anything about how things look.

Don't worry Hamblin. I've had jokes I thought were hilarious fall flat on their face and jokes I just chuckled at get rolls from everyone else. Oh well.

Tester crumbs? Hmmm. It looks good. Very nice. RE-read the stuff on the ground ops. People are impressed. Those entries that mention speed increases, beleive them. Hope that ground isn't to dangerous to tread. It is only a crumb. Just wait for the next demo.