Purchasing BCM and GCO

Game_Ender

For the people who buy BCM will we be spending another $50 on GCO even though it uses all the BCM engines and features (except for the indoor engine of course). Are you going to release a large patch for download? Maybe a rebate or something for most of the cost of buying GCO?

I was just wondering i will be able to afford buying GCO if it is another full price game but i would rather have more money to spend for the $10 or so per month pay fee.

I don't where to put this but this is a newbie question.

[ 06-23-2001: Message edited by: Game_Ender ]

Altought BCM and GCO are very similar and based mostly on the same engines, they are 2 different games.

However, the price of GCO could be quite anything. I've seen some MMOG games being sold at half the price of a normal game, some like EQ to be sold at 150% price.

And GCO will be shipped in two "version": cd only and online manuals, and boxed cd, printed manual and free month. I suppose those two will be at different prices.

Did you have to buy Fallout 2 even thought you had Fallout 1? Did you have to buy Fallout tactics even thought you had Fallout and Fallout 2? They all were based on the same engine. What about the rest of the games and their so called sequells? BC:M and GCO are 2 different games. They are only set in the same universe.

Now that i think about it more, SC said BCM has 90% of the stuff in GCO. So it makes sense that when you buy the game it doesn't cost full price since only 10% is new stuff. That rebate idea was kinda stupid

But that doesn't matter because i should be able scrape up enough cash to buy GCO(at full retail price) and a few months of online time after i buy my CD burner. Or i might just get GCO instead

"Now that i think about it more, SC said BCM has 90% of the stuff in GCO. So it makes sense that when you buy the game it doesn't cost full price since only 10% is new stuff. "

I don't understand where you get the idea that it doesn't cost full price. GCO is in no way BC:M, don't confuse the 2. It's multiplayer where you can buy and own land and buildings, you will be able to go inside them, there will be new tech, you don't play against the ai but rather real human players in a persistent universe. I don't understand the 10% new stuff part,and how the game compares to BC:M, how is that measured? In tech or ships or something? Cause there is no way to measure the gaming itself in percent. Anyway, it will be very much different from BC:M and they only thing that will be familiar is the space maps.