Have YOU Paid?

Delgard

I see the huge BCM box at Electronics Boutique, and I have now laid my money down for the game. I'm not wasting any time to get this game. I have no idea about the popularity of the game in my area, so I figure it's a good idea to pre-pay and guarantee myself a copy a soon as it hits the shelf.

Anyone else feel the same with me here? Or are you waiting for something else...?

[ 06-08-2001: Message edited by: Delgard ]

If you are not sold on the game, what are you doing here? Why are you joining fleets? why do you check this place every chance you get?

If you have yet to play BC3000AD, let me know, I've got a copy around here somewhere, as a matter of fact I have a number of copies, but if you are not sold on the game then quit acting like you are, PLEASE!!! If you are not convinced already, get out of spectre fleet, get out of the RPing and when you are convinced then get back in. Otherwise, what you say from now on is just That, playing, to the rest of us.

The rest of us can no longer take you seriously after the above comment, we love this game, are willing to lay our money down and have a ball with the other serious commanders, but if you're not serious, then stay out of the fleets, the rp'ing, and other fleet and serious BC stuff until you are, because it is unfair to the rest of us who are serious.

I don't mind debating you on the general forum, but saying the above, JUST PISSES ME OFF!!! Stay out of the rest of it until you are convinced!!

The original question in this topic was about whether I was going to pre-order the game, not whether I was going to buy it at all.

Perhaps I chose the wrong words to explain myself (again). I am excited about getting the game, but I prefer to go through all the demos first. This is because I'm not sure if my video card is going to work in BCM (though the indications are good so far). If I need to upgrade my video card, that's an extra $200 out of my wallet, which I don't have at the moment, which means that it'll take a little while longer for me to get the game with complete certainty that I will be able to play it.

By the way, I do own a copy of BC3000AD (the Gametek release) which I patched up to v1.01D7C as soon as I got internet access. In fact, this was the first website I ever went to as soon as the modem started working.

[ 06-09-2001: Message edited by: Menchise ]

OK, I do the same thing, speak WRONGLY, so... Forgiven!! !!! lol

And if it doesn't run right on your video card let us know, and if you cannot afford to buy a new one, well, you never know what some of us might have lying around and might be willing to ship to Australia!!

As a matter of fact, I just shipped a brand new copy, still in it's wrapper, of BC3000AD 2.0 to Dresden Germany, yeah, it cost a bit, but hey, spread the joy is what I say!! lol

[ 06-09-2001: Message edited by: Jaguar ]

Before I buy the game:

1 - Change video card

2 - WAIT for money for video card...

3 - WAIT for psu to come

4 - WAIT for money for psu

5 - pay for psu

6 - WAIT for money for game

7 - have urgent stuff to buy

8 - WAIT for money for game, again...

9 - order game...

10 - WAIT for game to arrive...

10 - realise my CPU is too weak to play mp...

11 - (I think I'll stop here... )

The only thing I am worrying about is my 3d card. I got Voodoo 3. Damn 3dfx. I guess I will play the game on it untill christmas and upgrade then.

I'm not worried, but I tend to never spend my money until I can have a product in my grubby little hands.

Yes, I'll buy the game. Otherwise, this new joystick is a waste of money too.

...But, I never pre-order. Not that I distrust the Supreme Commander, or Electronics Boutique, but rather, I prefer to have an immediate return in my investments. That's even more true when things get delayed... that makes me upset.

Besides, AFAIK I'm one of the only, if not the only, Vancouverite on this forum. (Yes, Coquitlam is part of Vancouver. You had to ask, didn't you! Oh, wait, you didn't. ) So, best-case-scenario, there won't be any copies missing from Lougheed Mall's EB when I get there on the 19th. Worst-case, I'll grab one of the last ones.

(Hmm, I don't disagree with reservations, though. I'll go do that. Just in case there's something worse than worst-case. )

Guest Commander Hamblin

You know, Jaguar, I was tempted to say that your post (The first one, with the ranting) was indicative of a rather obsessed, and perhaps somewhat narrow mind.

Instead, due to you having redeemed yourself (In my eyes) with your second post, I'll keep my response somewhat less than inflammatory.

Would you be surprised if I said that the Battlecruiser Series was not my absolute, without a doubt, most favoured series of games on Earth? If I told you there were other games out there I'd choose to play over a game of the BC series?

But in short, would it really matter? Do you think the SC cares whether his game is my favourite game or not? Of course not. So long as he gets his money, he'd be perfectly happy to have me use the box for a coaster, and the CD as a frisbee. Or even the other way around, if I feel like I want a bit of variety.

So long as I continue to contribute to the BC RP universe in any way I can, do you think it matters that I don't immediately rush off to the shops the instant I discover BCM has come out, ready to hand over my hard earned money, whilst at the same time actively attempting to contain whatever drool happens to drip out of my salivating mouth, as I grip the box in my sweaty hands?

You don't have to be a fanatic, to be a fan.

Wow, I almost sound profound there. Profound and blindingly obvious, I'd say. But still profound nonetheless.

Guest Remo Williams

quote:

Wow, I almost sound profound there. Profound and blindingly obvious, I'd say. But still profound nonetheless.

LOL!! Is that so.

I would love to pre-order the game, but EB in the UK do not appear to be selling it yet. I have pre-order in the states for another game, yes you guess right BC3000AD V2. However the order got screwed and I ended up recieving and paying for two copies. I gave one to my mate, but EB shipping fees to the UK are ultra expensive, about the quadrupled the cost of the game. SO I guess I will wait until I have a firm idea of who will be selling it in the UK.

Can't wait tho'.

Jez.

Guest Commander Hamblin

quote:

Originally posted by Remo Williams:

LOL!! Is that so.

Two things.

1) I said almost. Not "That was very profound", but "I almost sound profound there." Almost, as in, not quite, nearly there, close, but not exactly. Get the idea?

2) I also mentioned it was "blindingly obvious". In other words, I was saying it didn't take a genious to figure it out either, because as I mentioned, it was "blindingly obvious".

quote:

do you think it matters that I don't immediately rush off to the shops the instant I discover BCM has come out, ready to hand over my hard earned money, whilst at the same time actively attempting to contain whatever drool happens to drip out of my salivating mouth, as I grip the box in my sweaty hands?

I will probably act like this!

Hamblin, before someone decides to accept your inadvertent attempt to pick a fight ( ), I think you should consider what I have to say.

quote:

Would you be surprised if I said that the Battlecruiser Series was not my absolute, without a doubt, most favoured series of games on Earth? If I told you there were other games out there I'd choose to play over a game of the BC series?

I don't think anyone here (at least not the SC) expects you to adopt BCM as your favourite game when it's released. From what I've seen and played, it's going to be outstanding, but I don't think it's going to go above the middle of the top ten list in my future gaming review site (under construction for six months and counting ). Then again, surprises do happen.

quote:

But in short, would it really matter? Do you think the SC cares whether his game is my favourite game or not? Of course not. So long as he gets his money, he'd be perfectly happy to have me use the box for a coaster, and the CD as a frisbee. Or even the other way around, if I feel like I want a bit of variety.

I think the SC does care whether his fans like the game or not, especially when you consider that he has spent a significant portion of his lifetime trying to make his vision of 'The Game' come true. If he was only in it for the money, he would have abandoned BC a long time ago.

In fact, the whole concept of BC is something that most money-hungry publishers try to avoid. What he is trying to do would be the equivalent of EA Sports hypothetically trying to combine NFL 2001, NHL 2001, FIFA 2001, and NBA Live 2001 into one product: EA Sports Millennium. In the context of making money, this is not a good idea because each product sold separately is more profitable and provides a better indication of which sporting codes are more popular among gamers.

quote:

So long as I continue to contribute to the BC RP universe in any way I can, do you think it matters that I don't immediately rush off to the shops the instant I discover BCM has come out, ready to hand over my hard earned money, whilst at the same time actively attempting to contain whatever drool happens to drip out of my salivating mouth, as I grip the box in my sweaty hands?

You don't have to be a fanatic, to be a fan.

I doubt that there are as many fanatics here as you think.

quote:

Anyway, all I care about is that someone likes the game enough to want to buy it and play it. It doesn't have to be their all time favorite or even their best game. Gamers are diverse in a lot of ways, so this is expected. Besides, I don't want much.

[ 06-15-2001: Message edited by: Supreme Cmdr ]

I wont be buying the game till September when I actually get to go to Florida for my holidays. Because EBworld America has exclusive rights for was it 6 month, the game would then be released in America to other outlets. Then its the extra couple of month wait for it to arrive here. By then GCO (fingers crossed) would be out and everyone would have had some experience in the game and the people here would be newbies. I guess the three month wait would be worth it.....unless SC (please, please, please...) would somehow convince EB to sell the game in its store in UK. I don't even mind waiting the extra month for it. Wait when that happens I'll be on holiday!!! AAAAAAARGH!!

Fendi,

I live in the UK as well. I suspect from your mail you will not be able to order over the net via SC's special site at www.BMTMICRO.com for overseas buyers. Send me a mail privately to [email protected] and we might be able to work something out. I'd be willing to order a copy for you if you will pay it back in full. Let me know what you think.

regards

Jez.

quote:

Originally posted by Supreme Cmdr:

Since that will probably be the last title in the Battlecruiser franchise, its going to be kick-ass.

High opinion of it there, but I would be lying if I said I'm not looking forward to it.

Anyway, I'm certain it'd be fun. Then again, I've always had a natural aversion of pay-for-play, but that's just me.

(BCM! BCM! And, uh, GCO, sometime soon. BCM! BCM! )

quote:

Originally posted by Supreme Cmdr:

GCO will be, at a minimum, a year away from going Gold, after BCM ships. Since that will probably be the last title in the Battlecruiser franchise, its going to be kick-ass.

It can't be! Noooooooooooooooooooooo! Battlecruiser forever!

Why the last? I mean the tech is always progressing, better graphics, faster processors able to process more, etc.... Why not make an even better game after that?