first person mode...any hints on what to expect?

Real_Lucas

as you will discover at this point, I have not downloaded the demo of BCM at this time...it would take me a couple of weeks on this cruddy little connection....

I've seen the stills on the planets, in space, and in the water. They look really promising and the level of detail looks impressive, especially considering the sheer volume of stuff in this game. I know that as the player, it will be possible to play the game in fps mode, but will all the interiors of space stations and ships be built too? seems like way too much work, but then again, I've been surprised before.

any clues?

I think no interior. This discussion has been held before, but who knows, SC is kinda unpredictable, he can say no interior now and a year later there's a patch for first person view in ships and stations. Don't hold your breath though. As for GCO, then I think there will be first person in buildings, but not on ships or stations.

I actually did a search for a similar topic and couldn't find one....at least it isn't specified in any of the titles in this forum and the serach came up with nothing...

as for the detailing of the interiors, I'm really not all that disappointed, considering that there will be so much in this game that I will be satisfied when it comes out due to the sheer magnitude of things to do and see.

Afterall this is not a game that can be classified as a specific type, but rather an amalgamation of multiple games (as has been said many times before). hmm, an rpg doesn't fit, a strategy game doesn't fit, a simulator doesn't totally fit, an fps doesn't fit...just what is BCM then?

It's a 'virtual reality' game in the truest sense.

Yeah, BC:M really has no comparison to other games. It's more like a recreation of some sci-fi future for us humans, and the best part is it tries to stay as real as possible, if you would think you should be able to do it in real life, you will most likely be able to do it in the game.

quote:

I just love being able to jump in my shuttle I keep in the back yard and go blast away some Gammulans

With what? Pea-shooter? Shuttles don't have any offensive systems, .... not even flares.

Swap those crafts around, works better that way.

.... unless that was the punch line.

[ 07-29-2001: Message edited by: Rico Jansen ]

For those who didn't get the joke, it was a play on what soback said about if you can do it in real life, you can do it in the game..blah blah..

quote:

With what? Pea-shooter? Shuttles don't have any offensive systems, .... not even flares.

Swap those crafts around, works better that way.

You think I could land a BCmk3 in my backyard??! Where do you think I live, on the moon???

quote:

Where do you think I live, on the moon???

What do you need a backyard on the moon for? ... Besides shuttles or BCmk3s?

Please don't say "moon-flowers".

[ 07-29-2001: Message edited by: Rico Jansen ]

I am not sure on this but i think SC is trying to put station and ship (and i think building) interiors in GCO. This is the kind of expirence SC is going for: You are walking around a station checking out the shops, talking to other players, and then you walk to you ships docking port. Get inside your ship (Battlecruiser, transport, ect.), walk to the bridge and then fly her away.

Or you could bring a bunch of friends along in your Battlecruiser. Your friends ready themselves for a boarding action while you find prey. You find some unaware player and storm there ship either taking it over, raiding, or destroying it.

I have been dreaming about all the havoc you could cause running around a ship disabling systems and outwiting the NPC marines inside ships as they try to kill you.

[ 08-01-2001: Message edited by: Game_Ender ]

From what i have heard

SC WILL be putting interior design in to ships starstations and most ground buildings in GCO

and i have reads stuff he wrote bout landing a fighter on a carrier and getting out and walking around on the carrier

As far as i know you should be able to go to the store on a space station buy what ya want, then head back to your ship (bring some friends if ya want), leave docking and go fine a gammoran cruiser, send you friends in and have em take it over

this in my opinoin will make GCO real cool(like it isn't killer already)

Demolition out