Release Date

Guest HAL Beta

quote:

Originally posted by Count_Sessine:

General information:

I preordered with BMT (I live Europe) back in june, and now a couple of days ago they just re-credited my Visacard with the money I paid for the preorder because they said the release date was unknown at this time.

I had the same, but it also stated that they would automatically credit my card again when BCM ships.

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I saw a CD box at EB which had "Battlecruiser Millennium" written on it and they had that on sale. Now if I buy that CD box does it guarantee me that I will get the game when it ships and in the original box, or will I have to wait for the second batch?

quote:

If I pre order it at a EB Games World I'll still get it when its released or does EB's site take priority and i might have to wait?

No site takes priority. You can only order from EB if you are in North America. And you can only order from BMT Micro if you are outside North America.

quote:

I saw a CD box at EB which had "Battlecruiser Millennium" written on it and they had that on sale. Now if I buy that CD box does it guarantee me that I will get the game when it ships and in the original box, or will I have to wait for the second batch?

Rubbish. The BCM box hasn't even gone into production yet.

No, not the BCM box, the CD BOX, just an empty CD box and "Battlecruiser Millenium" writen on it with letters, and the EB in Hillsdale Mall at Hillsdale, CA is selling it.

Yes, they are selling it. It's is a thin, rectangular CD case, just like from the dvd. Under the clear plastic around the case is a black and white piece of paper with the picture that was taken from BCM box, on the top it's printed "Battlecruiser Millenium" and in the right bottom corner is a sign that says "$10 rebate". They are in Hillsdale Mall, their # is (650) 286-1302

Ok, I just called them up and asked to talk to the manager. He told me that they are just for display purposes. Last time I was there I asked the guy behind the counter and he said that they were selling them. So I guess it's just display, but it's weird because there's like 20 of them on the shelf and it really looked like they were selling.

Told you so. The marketing box you see, is just the over-sized version of the actual box, which goes into production this week, once the manual itself is finished. Everything is done at a single location (box, manual, duplication etc), so, all materials have to be sent out at the same time. The box art, layout etc, were done several months ago and nothing on it wil change. Which is why you see those oversized marketing boxes in all EB stores.

Anyway, there is a $10 rebate if you purchase or pre-order the game. As I've said before, there is definitely going to be a production shortage in the first week or so, due to the number of units I'm going to be manufacturing as a first run. So, if you don't already have a pre-order in by now, or at least within the next week or so, there is a very good chance that you won't be able to get the game until the second production run - which will take place about 2-3 weeks after the first run. I can't manufacture extra units, until I get paid on the first lot. With publisher backing, anyone can manufacture 100K units sitting in a warehouse. I can't afford that.

[ 08-13-2001: Message edited by: Supreme Cmdr ]

quote:

Originally from the Supreme Cmdr:

the actual box, which goes into production this week, once the manual itself is finished.

Hey! I didn't see that in the VCF! Trying to sneak one by us, eh?

The big date's getting closer...

The manual is not a programming item. What would it be doing in the VCF? That kind of stuff goes in the private Beta forum and bulletin areas. Places you don't have access to.

[ 08-13-2001: Message edited by: Supreme Cmdr ]

I preordered from ebgames.com , a question, how do I get my ten dollar rebate? cause the eb store in my area was giving out little coupons with the rebate on them... and since mine is coming ala mail, does that mean that the coupon is in the box...?

There's no coupon in the box. So, take your proof-of-purchase to the store, explain it to them, and get the coupon.

btw, I haven't announced this yet (nor has EB), but folks who pre-order their copy before 8/31, will get a copy of the full color 27"x27" galaxy chart. This is the same map included in the 5.5"x8" printed manual (as in the boxed v2.08/9 units) - though the one in the manual is still in Black & White (the manual is not in color). I have this new map on my wall right here (I signed it off into production yesterday) and it looks freaking awesome.

[ 08-14-2001: Message edited by: Supreme Cmdr ]

I haven't preordered yet, because I don't like to pay for something I don't get right away, but what SC said right there got me really thinking. Guess I will be visiting EB this weekend.

What about us people that live outside the states and want that chart too, but cannot order the game online because the freightcost and the taxes to get something into this /&(#% country equals often to the same amount as the game itself costs... so we're paying for two games for one..

The rebates and any offers, are limited to North America only.

I may end up offering the map for sale (as I did with the one from BC3K v2.0x), but I am undecided. If I do this, an order link will appear on our sales page.

I was checking out EBgames.com just now to preorder BC:M. It said that the release date is September 3 2001. Then I called another source(one near my place). They said it comes out August 16 or 17. Which one is it? I'm so confused.....

[ 08-15-2001: Message edited by: Commander Elio Jason ]

[ 08-15-2001: Message edited by: Commander Elio Jason ]

Guest HAL Beta

Hm. I've been lurking here, ever since my first few posts at the top of this thread. With a release date this unstable, there's no way I'm going to preorder, even with the promise of extra goodies. Still, to each his own.

I just wonder why, SC can't make a firm release date for his own game. It's true, that all games are ready when they're ready, but committing to a specific day usually keeps things from dragging on. I could understand not telling all the fans the date, to keep them from complaining if it's pushed back, but it doesn't seem like he even has one, considering not even EB seems to know, what it is!

Do we have to go through this in EVERY thread?

Its like this. Because of pre-orders, there HAS to be a date. That date is NOT fixed. Its dynamic. Why? Because until it goes Gold, that EB page has to be updated. Would it better to put in a date in 2003? as opposed to updating it every 2 weeks? Or would it be better to put Summer 2001 instead? I tried that, but thats not how EBgames.com tracks their games, pre-orders etc.

If you can't stand it, don't f*cking go to that page! Hang out. Twiddle your thumbs. Go fishing etc until you get a brilliant idea and actually checked my own GNN page for news of the game going Gold. Once it goes Gold, its a two week stretch to production.

Whats the big frigging deal?

quote:

Hm. I've been lurking here, ever since my first few posts at the top of this thread. With a release date this unstable, there's no way I'm going to preorder, even with the promise of extra goodies. Still, to each his own.

Yes. Thanks for sharing that particular bit of USELESS information. I'm sure we'll all benefit from it. Now go sit down.

quote:

I just wonder why, SC can't make a firm release date for his own game. It's true, that all games are ready when they're ready, but committing to a specific day usually keeps things from dragging on. I could understand not telling all the fans the date, to keep them from complaining if it's pushed back, but it doesn't seem like he even has one, considering not even EB seems to know, what it is!

You're not very bright, are you?

At any rate, I can't wait to start reading complaints about back orders, not finding the game etc. Any time I see a post like that, the person is getting BANNED. NO questions asked. There is a SPECIFIC reason why those e-commerce pre-order pages went up.

As I've said before, I know for a FACT that most who haven't already pre-ordered or at the very least, in the upcoming weeks, are NOT likely to EVER get a copy of this game, at least for about 3-4 weeks after its debut in North America. All you'll be getting are back-ordered notices, while EB waits for me to do a second production run.

You're acting as if ANYONE is forcing you to do anything - or as if the dynamic date is some life-altering experience of sorts. Apart from that, nobody gets billed until the product actually ships. So, I don't understand what the big deal is.

You have been warned.

[ 08-15-2001: Message edited by: Supreme Cmdr ]