AI

I was just thinking about BCM today (yes, i randomly drift off and think about computer games ), and I was struck with all the AI code that there must be in this puppy..

I know a bit of basic AI programming stuff, and all of it is no simple 2 lines (inside joke ) answer.

SC, if you don't mind, can you say how big the AI code is (in lines or pages)?

And also, what kind of stuctures do you use? Like BSTs, linked lists... that sort of stuff.

Capt. HM

My immediate guess is, he uses classes to create most everything. Linked lists are also kind of a given. Can't live without those puppies...

It's entirely possible that he uses some sort of database reference system as well. And thus a hashed file type database. Just guesses.

But as he said...wait for his book. Now that I know he's writing one, I am waiting for it....

quote:

Wait for my book

The movie will be out first!!

The AI is the SC's greatest triumph, and Biggest Secret, If you think that he will write a book about it, well, I got a great deal on a bridge, wanna buy it?

Sorry,

Thought the book was going to include a history of the game, a bit about you and how you got started, the craziness that you went through with Take 2 and others, an explanation of the basics of the AI and what it is capable of etc, etc, and of course BCM to it's final conclusion of going gold, but I wasn't sure about you telling all the internal codes of the AI in the book as well, thought that you would want to keep that to yourself. My apologies if I mislead anyone or was way off base.

[ 07-31-2001: Message edited by: Jaguar ]