GCO questions

Herro

Hey, I was reading over the GCO faq and I have a few questions...

-In GCO, when I die "you will lose everything that you are carrying at the time" but do we get like a stash or a "bank" where we can keep some of our items safe, and wont lose em if I die?

And also since Im going to be Gam in GCO, does that mean i'll have an instant "bad" reputation on the reputation system?

I think the reputation system shouldn't do that, considering other Gams should be around by GCO's release. The reputation system should be based on your performance, and if you pick on newbs or not. I may or may not be correct, so SC should chime in a bit.

That's a good way to discourage PKing all the newbies, just like in Diablo 2, and many other MMOG's.

I think it might be that while you have a very good reputation with Gamms and their allies, you would have a very poor reputation with Insurgents/Galcom and their allies.

Ok, that covers the Reputation system... but what about a stash?

As quoted before, when we die in GCO, everything thats on us will be lost, so shouldn't we have something like a bank where we can keep our valuables safe?

just a thought...

Herro,

If I understand correctly, if you die in GCO, YOU DIE, and ALL your assets go with you. You must start over, I may be wrong, but I seem to remember the SC saying something along these lines a while ago.

Ooh, what happens to your battlecruiser or main asset if you die in first person mode on a planet or in a fighter or something? Hmm, does the ship just disapear, or does it continue as an NPC?

quote:

there will be a death limit and once you cross it

Heh, imagine a Galcom Academy (or its Insurgent equivalent, or other similar facility) graduation commencement speech:

[rp]

Men and women, before accepting your assignment there's something you should know. We have cloning technology. If you die, you can be brought back.

But getting dead is expensive: we have to bring you back and find new assets to replace what your stupidity got slagged. Doing that several times over is very expensive.

So before you decide to get dead, you should seriously ask yourself this: "will we want to bring you back?"

[/rp]

quote:

Originally posted by Supreme Cmdr:

I have a very unique perspective as to how
death
is handled in GCO. I have no plans to reveal them until the game goes into Beta testing, early next year.

One of the few devs who have unique(and good) ideas on almost every subject.

When GCO goes into Beta testing you count me in as one of the external Beta testers

I love BC3K and whats being done with it

This is one of the few series that i have found, every new game to the series is just as good or better then the original

Thanx for the good games SC

P.S when do we get a GCO thread so we can put messages in there rather then in the BCM message treads?

[ 08-06-2001: Message edited by: demolition ]

Since GCO will be a persistant universe, I don't see why you can't have your own treasure cave on a distant far-away planet, moon or asteroid and drop things there. You just have to make sure nobody is following you.

*walks around in his birthtown*

[ 08-09-2001: Message edited by: Rico Jansen ]