A newbie with a question(and a long rant)

R_wilco

Ok, so I've played both demos , and gotten pretty good, although the fighter combat is a little harder than I expected(compared to FreeSpace 2 and Star Lancer for example) given that the flight model is a little too realistic to be easy.

But anyway, I had a couple ideas while playing Demo Ep. 2(for the 5 millionth time ). One was, what about manual control of beam weapon turrets, like how you could control the PTA turrets in BC3K?

The other was, what if you accidentaly activated your hyperdrive, but you selected the wrong FP target and you need to stop? I think there should be some kind of emergency hyperspace brake(or something similar), which either does damage to the engine or costs more Radine.

Oh yeah, and on a side note, my game crashed whenever I enter the Madride space zone, I get a strange error which reads,"Invalid Ptype15/Madride". Do I need to reinstall the game?

quote:

But anyway, I had a couple ideas while playing Demo Ep. 2(for the 5 millionth time ). One was, what about manual control of beam weapon turrets, like how you could control the PTA turrets in BC3K?

This was removed in BCM and will not be suported

quote:

The other was, what if you accidentaly activated your hyperdrive, but you selected the wrong FP target and you need to stop? I think there should be some kind of emergency hyperspace brake(or something similar), which either does damage to the engine or costs more Radine.

No. And stop posting wishlist items as NOTHING in the game will change, in this regard.

quote:

Oh yeah, and on a side note, my game crashed whenever I enter the Madride space zone, I get a strange error which reads,"Invalid Ptype15/Madride". Do I need to reinstall the game?

Only in the E1 demo I think. If you get the E2 demo and apply the bonus mission for it, the problem will go away because I included the files for that region in the bonus mission.

Sorry, didn't mean "Let's change the game again!", just ,"Wouldn't this be cool, wouldn't that be cool".

quote:

Originally posted by Supreme Cmdr:

It's READY when it's ready, and right now it ain't ready.

I understand that you don't want people interfering with the game now that it's so close to completion. Np, just some thoughts.

Btw, for some odd reason, that glitch even happens in the bonus mission(EF Pilot, Base assault). *Shrug*, not a problem, since I don't need to go to Madride anyway